what did you do to your micra today ?

WDIDT?
Drove past a civic type r on the way to the petrol station.

The bloke then turned up to get cash out just as I was getting mine

Anyway, apparently I have THE best sounding micra he's ever heard.

Is that a compliment or an insult?

Not sure with civic owners, all the VTEC kicking in seems to fry their brains.

She gets more treats than I do! :p out of interest... Can I get a price so I can flutter my eyelashes at tom quiet possibly :D x

Hmmm I shall have to talk to tom see what he says as I'd need an adjustable panhard rod too :) and I shall get back to you :D x

Mine alloys are just standard steel size, are you using an adjustable panhard rod? Saying that toms about 60mm low and his scrapes like anything :/ x

Mine alloys are just standard steel size, are you using an adjustable panhard rod? Saying that toms about 60mm low and his scrapes like anything :/ x
With my stock steels, I never ever got rear scraping, even with a sub/amp and 5's up.. And no I'm not using an adjustable panhard; was on the list of future plans which are unfortunately no longer being commited to x

Could have a problem using my car to transport new alloys...
1388877872344.jpg

Iv been making some prototype polyurethane bushes as part of my dissertation :D made two different stiffness ratings. yellow ones were made with first mould which had boubles in but shouldnt make much difference as its just surface imperfections. should be on the car soon for testing :)

bshes 2.jpg

Iv been making some prototype polyurethane bushes as part of my dissertation :D made two different stiffness ratings. yellow ones were made with first mould which had boubles in but shouldnt make much difference as its just surface imperfections. should be on the car soon for testing :)

View attachment 27241

Any prices for a full set pal? Would be realy interested in some if the price is right

View attachment 27241
Did you make a mess?
That's the important thing?

What's the advantage to those over the usual lamp pod? It just seems like they be really vulnerable to damage?
Only thing I've ever noticed is the wiring. Rather than it run from the bonnet and have a big join etc... bumper mounted ones are more permanent but are more prone to damage :)

Only thing I've ever noticed is the wiring. Rather than it run from the bonnet and have a big join etc... bumper mounted ones are more permanent but are more prone to damage :)

Yeah, that was my only thought really . I guess you could also r in them in conjunction with a lamp pod? Depending on regs of course

Yeah, that was my only thought really . I guess you could also r in them in conjunction with a lamp pod? Depending on regs of course
They used to a fair few years ago. We're fairly limited now. I have max of 6 ffl's. I guess yours will be 4. I've seen wrc boys with 8 I'm sure I have :/

They used to a fair few years ago. We're fairly limited now. I have max of 6 ffl's. I guess yours will be 4. I've seen wrc boys with 8 I'm sure I have :/

Yeah, I'm a allowed four spots in a lamp pod and 2 head lights too, but I just run two bolted to the bonnet which is more than ample

Ah right cheers frank :)
i just picked the best looking engine they had nath (out of about 6) the coilpack 1.0 have the later slipper type pistons (oval skirted) with the skinny rings.
so more suited to high rpm :)
and the head had to come off to fit the fire-rings anyway

I got away on with only head lights (forgot to set up my spots....) won't make that mistake again though, missed nearly every Apex at Rockingham in the dark :p
I did Anglesey a month or two ago without setting the lamp pod up(no tax/insurance so couldn't drive somewhere dark) and the new HID's in the headlights stopped working the night before. Quick run to Halfords to buy some terrible bulbs and I ended up doing the night stages with headlights and a lamp pod shining to the stars. Surprised there were no planes coming to land on me from RAF Valley ;)

I got away on with only head lights (forgot to set up my spots....) won't make that mistake again though, missed nearly every Apex at Rockingham in the dark :p
I'm sure you'll promptly remind yourself next time :p
As long as you remember the 'projections of light' (or 'where your lights are pointing' for us simple folk) you'll be fine :p

This is why, the lamp pod provides light going forward, these are set up to point sideways to help pick up the apexs.

Also the four lamp rule is a road rallying rule only. On stages you can run as many as you like.

Back out to the garage again soon to hopefully finish off the jobs, and maybe even a bit of rest rest before going back to work tomorrow. Will be taking the rally car for a shakedown and to remember what it is like to drive, not driven her since the end of Nov!

I'm 99% sure that statement is incorrect
From the 2014 Blur Book

R 48.8 there are restrictions concerning the use of auxiliary lights which are detailed in the sporting regulations.

Which i cant find any reference to in the blur book, so unless the. SR's say a limit then it is ok.

From the 2014 Blur Book

R 48.8 there are restrictions concerning the use of auxiliary lights which are detailed in the sporting regulations.

Which i cant find any reference to in the blur book, so unless the. SR's say a limit then it is ok.
It'll be in reference to section K :)
1388919624839.jpg
Where bulb filament dictates whether it counts as 1 or 2 beams :)

That is a reference table for road rallying only, was introduced to help road rally cars explain which cars could fit spots.
It was the only one I saw in rallying bit
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure there's a limit nowadays. I've never run more than 6

The six filament rule is a definition of the four beams max for road rallying i.e. Two in a H4 bulb headlight x2 and h3 x2 in the spots.

The six filament rule is a definition of the four beams max for road rallying i.e. Two in a H4 bulb headlight x2 and h3 x2 in the spots.
Aye I know that :)
I mean 6 forward facing lights total. When I had the 4 lamp pod on the evo and I had to X the fogs out

Got it.... The drawing number is the reference to which rule it is referring to 18.5 is road rally rule.
Did you just trawl through the blue book for that? I respect you for that :p its a maze

I guess it'll vary from class?
Group N was 6... Group A I haven't rallied yet this year (even then it'll be daylight)

Sadly yes, got a copy on the coffee table!

Been good though to look through the blur book, will help for my first rallies committee meeting at the end of the month.

Back