what did you do to your micra today ?

I expect it would help on a 1.0 a little. Especially if I were to be running two headlights and 4 spots on a night stage.
That's a lot of amps eh, 10A for main beam and probably 15-20A for each pair of spots... thats getting towards the limit of the alternator surely?

That's a lot of amps eh, 10A for main beam and probably 15-20A for each pair of spots... thats getting towards the limit of the alternator surely?
Probably, yeah. I've only used them once and tbere was no problem.
The interior navigators light doubled in light when I flicked the spots off though haha

Put some STP Oil treatment in the motor

Seems to have made a difference, less chain noise and it's quieter when starting. Runs better cold too.

I recommend trying it

Anyone else had any good experiences with oil and fuel additives?

Wdidt?
Parked at work as a k11 r-reg sr drove past...he stopped right in front of me as I stepped out of my k12, I smiled and nodded he smiled back...probably muttering to himself how mental i must be *facepalm*

Looked to be in rather good condition. Same colour, oddly enough, as our very own r-reg sr :p

I'll be keeping an eye out for that one.

On a related note that foreign white k10, with the little spoiler, was there again today too.

Oh, and happy new year ^_^

WDIDT ?
bought a CG10 :) gonna see what HP we can squeeze from a CG10+T :D

P1030317.JPG

Bargain! Im in the market for a 1.3 myself if you happen to see one knocking about your end mate need a tall block.
i,ll keep my eyes open tom :)
also WDIDT ? got a more direct chargepipe connector, to test out on the maf readings, tho you can also get airflow straighteners for making the flow more laminate eh :cool:

img-2096-0-large.jpg
P1030319.JPG

Sold one of my girls today. 52 plate, 35k, 10 months mot - £1250. Bit too cheap really, but, been sitting there since September not moving. and that isn't any good ..... so....she's gone.:(
Then - I'm £1250 to the good :) About £400 profit, so not all bad.

Ahhhhh she's out! Swapping bits over to the new engine now, 1.3 POWER!
Also can someone confirm that the 1.0 flywheel is lighter than a 1.3 flywheel AND fits the 1.3?
image.jpg

Thank you,
Jordan.

Had a EPIC FAIL moment putting together braided brake lines. Turns out the nice stainless end fittings I ordered were either off spec or designed for some weird specific sized -3 line that I don't have. Rotten things would bottom out on the fitting body before seating and sealing on the sealing olives.

No joy to be had in fixing things that should have been done right from the factory. Total A-R-S-E.

Had a EPIC FAIL moment putting together braided brake lines. Turns out the nice stainless end fittings I ordered were either off spec or designed for some weird specific sized -3 line that I don't have. Rotten things would bottom out on the fitting body before seating and sealing on the sealing olives.

No joy to be had in fixing things that should have been done right from the factory. Total A-R-S-E.
Enjoyed yourself then :p

Filled her with oil, 5w40 fully synth following other thread. I buy it in bulk 20ltrs from ECP last drum east just under 60 quid plus vat. Much cheaper than other options. Also now always use Nissan OEM filters after reading about a rally engine where the non OEM filter collapsed and caused the big ends to go....

Fitted the brake cooling ducting, including some repairs to the pipework.

Some garage repairs the loft was starting come through!!!

Then fitted the lamps to my corner pods - http://twitter.com/MattEndeanRally/status/419214968769478657/photo/1

Now back out to the garage, to work out fitting them to the bumper and get them painted, and on with the list before next weekend's Brands Stages.

i,ll keep my eyes open tom :)
also WDIDT ? got a more direct chargepipe connector, to test out on the maf readings, tho you can also get airflow straighteners for making the flow more laminate eh :cool:

View attachment 27216
i think one of those may even exacerbate the problem frank by separating the difference in velocity between inside and outside of bend, IMO the mesh is designed to even out the pressure (and therefore velocity), similar to a gas lense http://www.millerwelds.com/resources/articles/Gas-lenses-TIG-GTAW-welding/
We'll see how the new pipe works first though :)

i think one of those may even exacerbate the problem frank by separating the difference in velocity between inside and outside of bend, IMO the mesh is designed to even out the pressure (and therefore velocity), similar to a gas lense http://www.millerwelds.com/resources/articles/Gas-lenses-TIG-GTAW-welding/

We'll see how the new pipe works first though :)
yes you need a large distance between the straightener and the maf apparently ed http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f11/maf-airflow-straightener-testing-88520/, and i,m just trying to avoid the bias of air thrown towards the back of the t/b eh

Well why are you typing on here, put it together *grins*

Going to do it tomorrow when it's (hopefully) not hammering down and isn't 2 degrees. The garage isn't exactly the most spacious of places so we will be able to throw some parts on the drive to get underneath again. Got a 4-2-1 turning up on Monday too, which should definitely free up some power to go with the rest of the exhaust system. Dad will be buying cams soon, too! :D
1010435_10151973637619961_725529763_n[1].jpg

got my spoiler sprayed today, just letting it cure over night then laqeur it and put it on. went to scrappies aswell, saw an almera gti, k10 LS, yellow facelift k11 and a 1.3 5 door passion like mine with mint body work, so annoying that when im not looking for a grille one pops up -.- drove through the market place and saw 3 k12's parked next to each other hahah, wanted to park next to them and get a picture but there was a focus estate parked there, then when some of my mates arrived saw the focus leave just after us, typical -.-

got my spoiler sprayed today, just letting it cure over night then laqeur it and put it on. went to scrappies aswell, saw an almera gti, k10 LS, yellow facelift k11 and a 1.3 5 door passion like mine with mint body work, so annoying that when im not looking for a grille one pops up -.- drove through the market place and saw 3 k12's parked next to each other hahah, wanted to park next to them and get a picture but there was a focus estate parked there, then when some of my mates arrived saw the focus leave just after us, typical -.-

What scrappie these in buddy? Need to go shopping for parts. Guessing not to far from melksham?

This morning....

Final coat of paint on the corner pods
Sadly removed the Wales Rally GB stickers, although am leaving the bonnet one on. Took ages removing the sticky stuff left behind.
Unloaded the car of the road rally kit
Cleaned a load of mud out of the rear wheels from when we went testing.
Painted the rear drums black.

Back out to the garage soon

Can you tell i am rallying next weekend...... ;)

This afternoon has been all about mud!

Removed about 5.5kgs of dried mud from the rear of the car and this is after a through jet washing!
Removed the centre and edge parts of the rear bumper support since the rear bumper had to come off to remove mud. Removed 1.4kgs from the very rear of the car :)
Found when i rebuilt the OSF strut, i forgot the bump stop, so got to remove the strut, take it apart, fit the bump stop and then reverse of the above....

Then to wire up the corner pod light tonight.

Back