what did you do to your micra today ?

Just wondering wether to do that for the mean time before I get a proper setup. The offside has sagged quite a bit, probably best to replace them all tbh

1389120140422.jpg

1389120160010.jpg

Plumbed in, fits like a dream. Wiring it now, looking forward to this :)

When did I say I was stopping? :O Yeah doing Pembrey in February, then putting the 1.0 back in to do Senior F1000 championship while a 1.4 engine is built ready for the end of the year!

Thought you said a while back you were just going for road rallies? May see you around then :)

If it helps, the flow rate in L/min is the displayed number divided by 5. Cruising at 30-40 mph I was getting about 1-2L/min, with hard high speed driving it went up to around 5-6L/min and hard low speed driving I got around 8L/min. It Idled at about 12L/min, but letting the engine idle until the flow rate maximised and red-lining the car showed about 30L/min, so I'm guessing thats the max flow rate of the coolant. Makes sense, you get less parasitic losses and better cooling capacity by reducing flow rate and increasing radiator size, at the cost of extra weight.

If it helps, the flow rate in L/min is the displayed number divided by 5. Cruising at 30-40 mph I was getting about 1-2L/min, with hard high speed driving it went up to around 5-6L/min and hard low speed driving I got around 8L/min. It Idled at about 12L/min, but letting the engine idle until the flow rate maximised and red-lining the car showed about 30L/min, so I'm guessing thats the max flow rate of the coolant. Makes sense, you get less parasitic losses and better cooling capacity by reducing flow rate and increasing radiator size, at the cost of extra weight.
I'd of thought flow rate would be proportionate to rpm? As the pump spins faster with tge engine

I'd of thought flow rate would be proportionate to rpm? As the pump spins faster with tge engine
Yeah, which is why I let the car idle so the thermostat would open and then red-lined it to determine the maximum. The hard driving figures are what I saw just before changing up

Yeah, which is why I let the car idle so the thermostat would open and then red-lined it to determine the maximum. The hard driving figures are what I saw just before changing up
Ah I see :) good stuff

Now to relate it to that pump controller

What it does mean is that 80L/min the EWP80 puts out is WAY more than capable, and running it at less than 50% duty cycle even at the hottest time of year, the life of the motor should be way more than the 3000 hours they say for running flat out (no controller)

What it does mean is that 80L/min the EWP80 puts out is WAY more than capable, and running it at less than 50% duty cycle even at the hottest time of year, the life of the motor should be way more than the 3000 hours they say for running flat out (no controller)
Almost convincing to convert :p

Though I've no reason to

Almost convincing to convert :p

Though I've no reason to
If you do what I'm doing and having it set to come on full whack when the fans kick in, it gives you some pretty silly cooling potential. Eliminating a pulley reduces rotational mass, and you reduce the risk of cavitation you get when you increase the maximum engine RPM without reducing the pulley ratio on the water pump to reduce pump speed.

It is £130 though...

If you do what I'm doing and having it set to come on full whack when the fans kick in, it gives you some pretty silly cooling potential. Eliminating a pulley reduces rotational mass, and you reduce the risk of cavitation you get when you increase the maximum engine RPM without reducing the pulley ratio on the water pump to reduce pump speed.

It is £130 though...
Water pump is £25 :D

You'll never beat a true boxer engine for that noise ;)
you hav,nt heard mine in the flesh tho andy ;) this camera mike does,nt do it justice.
these shortstroke 1.0,s are silky smooth :cool: i,ve lost loads of grunt, but let it rev and it goes like the clappers ! gonna wind that boost up after a few days of running :)

Spent two hours yesterday trying to remove a tail pipe from the scrappie. Gave up n got them to do it lol. Gunna use it for a backbox delete so I can keep the original bracketry and put the oriiginal on if I ever sell up as its almost mint. Also got a spare air intake pipe to modify and a spare switch blank plate to install my remote bass adjuster on.

I'll hold you to it ;)
JAE then mate ;) IF yours is finished :D
its nice to have zero smoke and dry pistons for a change, all my 1.3/1.4,s seem to drink about half a pint of oil a month (and chuff smoke when pulling away in 2nd gear first thing in the morning).
found a humdinger boost leak tho ! the factory sealer has "blown" on the t/b cover, had to dremmel the black sealer off and araldite it down

P1080364.JPG
P1080366.JPG

JAE then mate ;) IF yours is finished :D
its nice to have zero smoke and dry pistons for a change, all my 1.3/1.4,s seem to drink about half a pint of oil a month (and chuff smoke when pulling away in 2nd gear first thing in the morning).
found a humdinger boost leak tho ! the factory sealer has "blown" on the t/b cover, had to dremmel the black sealer off and araldite it down

Yeah, not designed for boost eh. I think i found this a while ago when checking for boost leaks, it was flapping all over the place.

Got my arch trims, now, they're gonna need a repaint, after a power wash! It's a shame my local scrapyard is so iffy about letting people come over and have a look. You literally ask a person there if they have it, no browsing at all. I've been to an amazing on in Leeds that you literally walk in, check your tools in and then get your bags checked.

Condition wise of the arch trims is similar to this :

2u1fml3.png

Reckon a sand,primer and paint will be needed then?

Local scrappy here you take a high vis jacket and walk in, no checking in or searching...

You used to be able to wander about and take what you like.

But now it's been changed so that you wander and look for a car, once you find it you need to inform a worker who then moves it to a designated dismantling zone. Safety thing.

yes spot-on for a CG10 ed, dunno what psi it was tho :D (my gauge only goes to 10 psi) these CG10,s run so much sweeter at their limit than the other CG,s do

You mean they feel a bit more revvy?
How much more power do you reckon you've managed to squeeze out of it then?

You mean they feel a bit more revvy?
How much more power do you reckon you've managed to squeeze out of it then?
the short stroke alex, you get smaller bangs in the cylinders but more rpm tho eh.
same lightened flywheel, same running gear etc but less buzz in the cabin.
and i dont know what hp, paul smith and jas had about 125 with their CG10,s iirc :)

yes spot-on for a CG10 ed, dunno what psi it was tho :D (my gauge only goes to 10 psi) these CG10,s run so much sweeter at their limit than the other CG,s do
Over 10! Wow.
I'm guessing the engine was enlarged from the 1.0 so compromises were made... If only they had known back then that little turbo engines would be the future eh.

Over 10! Wow.
I'm guessing the engine was enlarged from the 1.0 so compromises were made...
yes very undersquare like superbikes and the like eh ed (but with very tame cams) and the 1.3,s are just stroked 1.0,s.
ed (fusion) asked me what rev limit i wanted when he loaded the basemap, wish i had gone for 9k now :(

Back