what did you do to your micra today ?

Yeah, 1.6 almera vented ones (247mm abs ones :) ). Apparently venting doesn't cool very well at low speeds... Got blackstuff pads and pagington discs on the way :)

Why Blackstuff, is that not OTT?

GreenStuff is for 200HP cars o_O

Might be Red or YellowStuff I'm thinking of actually.

Hitting up the scrappy for some rear standard springs then hunting through my tip of a garage for my front shock and springs to get them fitted back into the car for MOT!

Yeah, 1.6 almera vented ones (247mm abs ones :) ). Apparently venting doesn't cool very well at low speeds... Got blackstuff pads and pagington discs on the way :)

Blackstuff? I never knew they existed. Ive used yellow and greenstuff before and i preferred the yellow. Lasted longer, were better imo and less dust which is the best bit!

Blackstuff? I never knew they existed. Ive used yellow and greenstuff before and i preferred the yellow. Lasted longer, were better imo and less dust which is the best bit!
I've had my GreenStuff well over a year and the pads have a load of meat left on them. I'm happy with the rate of wear :)

Only street driving though!

After all the trouble ive had with her lately I couldnt be fussed with cleaning her so really went to town today and gave her a good scrub :)
Wheels came off to clean the insides and the brakes, up came up nice but not quite JAE spec so gave them another coating of pillar box red for the extra 25kw ;)
Then washed it all over... feel cleansed :)
1378219502072.jpg

1378219512958.jpg

1378219524014.jpg

1378219536456.jpg

Prefer her like this :p

Dear Customer
Thank you for your order. Unfortunately when we have tried to pack your parts the part number you have ordered has been wrongly entered into stock.

We do however have a set of drilled and grooved Brembo discs which we could send instead if they are ok?
Kind Regards

Drilled and grooved Brembos as a direct replacement? Hell yes.

I'm not convinced Brembo do drilled AND grooved for a K11 so I've asked for some more info or a product link they will replacement my purchase with.

What's best to go with, drilled OR grooved?
The drilled ones seem a lot more pricey

I'm not convinced Brembo do drilled AND grooved for a K11 so I've asked for some more info or a product link they will replacement my purchase with.

What's best to go with, drilled OR grooved?
The drilled ones seem a lot more pricey
Go with solid. Grooved and drilled wear your pads more, and unless your car is being rallied where you need to disperse the water/dirt on your pads ASAP all yoy are doing is losibg thermal capacity that will see your brakes getting hotter sooner.

Go with solid. Grooved and drilled wear your pads more, and unless your car is being rallied where you need to disperse the water/dirt on your pads ASAP all yoy are doing is losibg thermal capacity that will see your brakes getting hotter sooner.
Hmm okay. I've kinda paid over the odds for just solid ones.

I'll ask for a link of what they're going to send so you can see

Drop of the car for rolling road session 115bhp at dinner time still had half a day of mapping left to do. Max power at 7.2

Re: your blog post, what are you running? The standard Nissan coil-on-plug system or are you running a set of HT leads from a 4-cyl DIS coilpack?

If you asked Omex for a base map, it's odd that they didn't have one. There are plenty of K11's running Omex ECUs in both setups.....

Good numbers regardless. Stuff up a plot in your blog when you're done :)

WDID? got a tow strap, went to unhook my tow hook at front but cant get it off, I undone 2 bolts on the bottom but it wont budge, is there another hiding somewhere? :p

Cheers Steve

Hopefully some good news. Just bought a seatbelt and pre-tensioner off of E bay, looks exactly like the one I took off - fingers crossed.
Half an hour before that, I put a bid in on E bay for a 52 plate, thinking, I'll buy that, take the seatbelt off it, get my MOT, put it back and sell it on. Typical, you wait for one and two come along within half an hour of each other. Me bad again.
Might end up with another micra now, have to go all the way up to Doncaster to buy the b**ger and drive it home. How bleddy daft is that.

If you do win it, depending on colours and all that I may be interested in it if you don't want it :)

Mounted up some belt cutter/window breakers due to the new MSA rules.... PITA to find a good place, wonder if scrutes are gonna be happy? Oh well

Also got a LOVELY new angle grinder so cut out my timing strut, pictures later

As long as they're secure in those places they'll be fine
Only potential issue is the one on the dash. It could become 'a hazard' in the event of a crash

As long as they're secure in those places they'll be fine
Only potential issue is the one on the dash. It could become 'a hazard' in the event of a crash

Reckon I might remove that one and leave the one on my seat. Both passenger and driver can reach it so should be good i reckon

If you do win it, depending on colours and all that I may be interested in it if you don't want it :)
Hello Huggy. It looks like I have won it !!!! Its a metallic silver/green by the look of it, maybe silver/blue, not sure.
35K with service history, two owners, owned the last eight years by the blokes mum in law, who he's selling it for. Tax and tested for a couple of months, new cd player, cash on collection. 1.0 ltr 3 door, bit of a steal I think at £561, that's bonkers cheap, would make a grand on that down here. How far are you from Doncaster ???
What do you think ???

Hello Huggy. It looks like I have won it !!!! Its a metallic silver/green by the look of it, maybe silver/blue, not sure.
35K with service history, two owners, owned the last eight years by the blokes mum in law, who he's selling it for. Tax and tested for a couple of months, new cd player, cash on collection. 1.0 ltr 3 door, bit of a steal I think at £561, that's bonkers cheap, would make a grand on that down here. How far are you from Doncaster ???
What do you think ???

Only an hour and a half....Hmmmm, will have a think and ask parents if theres room for another car :p Dont suppose I can have a link to it on Fleebay?

After all the trouble ive had with her lately I couldnt be fussed with cleaning her so really went to town today and gave her a good scrub :)
Wheels came off to clean the insides and the brakes, up came up nice but not quite JAE spec so gave them another coating of pillar box red for the extra 25kw ;)
Then washed it all over... feel cleansed :)
View attachment 25270
View attachment 25271
View attachment 25272
View attachment 25273
Prefer her like this :p

She's.... She's ..... She's..... Soooo shiny :eek:
I must to hug her!

Made something a bit more permanent and well built than my old straight through backbox. Can't believe I didn't realise tip was chromed not stainless though, should have ground it back really...
1378309169986.jpg

WAHOO, YIPPEE, DIPP ADDY DOO DAA, DIPP ADDY AAAAA, my OH! my what a wonderful day ... you know the rest.
Passed my MOT today (sobs) tears of joy. Passed it with a bit of tape stuck over that bleddy light. Un-bleddy believable, two seatbelts, and now a new car to collect, GOT IT.
Anyway, while at the station, the tester showed me the rule regarding the airbag light straight from the MOT test site.
If the light comes on and does not go off in sequence, or stays on ...its a fail. IF it does not come on, its an advisory ... end of.
So there you are, that's how to pass that stupid new law, take the bulb out, or tape it up, its a pass, (as a few said on here)
Now, does anybody want two seatbelts with pre-tensioners, or a car ???? LOL :p
Am I happy or not, answers on a postcard please.:)

stuck the martboy state side cherry bomb on.clever design keeping the backpressure nice one mate.
Burbles nicely not too loud at all
20130904_200432.jpg

Back