what did you do to your micra today ?

I'll be sad to see it go, but it's just not enough for me anymore. I've already started pricing up parts for an ek :p
Buy it Jen, you know you want to! haha

I'd love to >_< but I have no money just yet :(
...don't get my first pay in 9 months until the 20th...and that's only gonna be about £300...maybe £400?...probably not enough right? LOL :p

Edit: WDID....yesterday?....
Washed her...and polished her with my new...gadget thing (it's a handle with changeable polishing pads...takes less than half the time as rags and buffing cloths :rolleyes:

...started just after 6pm...and it....kinda got dark by the time I was done :D

DSC00708_zpsbc737e04.jpg

DSC00705_zps938505da.jpg

DSC00699_zps7bcef5b6.jpg

DSC00704_zpsed6bf3a2.jpg

Shiiiiiiny :p

Edit 2: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kent-Car-...ssories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item43a51e6c66
this is the thing I used for the polishing...it's brilliantly simple...but mine was only £2.80...from "Value House" ;)
Edit3: http://www.carcare.co.uk/index.php?...mart_product_id=357&virtuemart_category_id=10

Hub adapters are safe, but weigh up the cost of buying the wheels along with adapters compared to buying the wheels new

Random quote karl?

Yeah that's what im looking at, can you even get 114 > 100 adapters? :p

If its going to cost near the same as new ones ill get em, new ones are multi-fit as well :)

might be possible to remove the little digital bit and replace it with the one out of yours?.

I got lucky my new dials were only 1000miles more than my car actually has

might be possible to remove the little digital bit and replace it with the one out of yours?.

I got lucky my new dials were only 1000miles more than my car actually has
There not saved on the digital bit... its save on the pcb tried and failed myself on clodos first micra.

£70 I was quoted to change the mileage on my clocks when I changed them. I'm leaving it till before the next mot till I have them altered. Sounds expensive but depends how ocd you are.

finally got my rev counter fitted, only bad thing is my brother snapped my plastic trim off when he was trying to get it off hahaha, scrappy trip again soon then for one of them, a grille as my "mate" is never going to give it back and a splitter!
IMG_0043.JPG
IMG_0045.JPG

@chris huzzey can you resize or delete those photos? They are ridiculously large when viewed on my laptop and make it impossible to post a reply as they cover the reply box
@james also

it's alright now, pictures have made themselves smaller

WDIDT ? - Lots ! Knackered now.

Finished getting the new engine in and sorted, no major work, just all the small jobs of adding fluids, sorting wiring, sorting exhaust, etc....

Got her running on the standard ECU but it didn't run right, very 'wooly' feel and was too rich, so didn't run it too long. Checked the plugs which were all black, and got worried when i looked in the bores and saw a hint of green fluid which looked like antifreeze.... but then later on I remembered that when working on the engine i used a green build assembly lube and it must have been this still in the bore :) Bit of a fright though as i thought the head gasket had gone.....

Tidied things up and finished a few wiring jobs including some nice ceramic head light connectors.

Then i fitted the new modified / nistune / mapped ECU. God the ECU is hard to get to, didn't actually remove the OEM ECU, just managed to remove the connector and the fit that to the new ECU and bodge fit that in the footwell.

Then tried again, although it was reluctant to start (sooted up plugs i think) i could tell straight away it was much better. Running slightly rich, but not too bad.

Then took her out for a test run / blast, and she flies !!!! :) Mapping isn't quite right in normal road driving, but on full throttle she is very good. Higher rev limit what is the safe limit for a standard CGA3 bottom end ? Think it will be a trip to see Ed to get the mapping right so the road driving is more managable.

Spec for those who have forgotten of new engine :-

CGA3 standard bottom end
Ported and polished head, with a skim and matched inlet manifold
Grp A 773 Cams
GA15 TB
Grp A Exhaust system (no cat, and cat replacement pipe)
Nistune ECU
PTFE TB Spacer plate (which even after a blast left the TB cold, and the inlet mani really quite hot, so a worthwhile mod)

Spec for those who have forgotten of new engine :-

CGA3 standard bottom end
Ported and polished head, with a skim and matched inlet manifold
Grp A 773 Cams
GA15 TB
Grp A Exhaust system (no cat, and cat replacement pipe)
Nistune ECU
PTFE TB Spacer plate (which even after a blast left the TB cold, and the inlet mani really quite hot, so a worthwhile mod)

next time ur inlet mani is off, maybe try a teflon inlet mani spacer like mine to further reduce inlet temps ;)

http://micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-50#post-510149

scaled.php

So looked at wheels, thoughts on redrilling? going to get them done so they are like multifits and get the new holes drilled 45degree angle from the old ones.

Thoughts?

I'd love to >_< but I have no money just yet :(
...don't get my first pay in 9 months until the 20th...and that's only gonna be about £300...maybe £400?...probably not enough right? LOL :p

Awh that's a shame, but you're right haha. It'd be around £400+ for just the wheels on their own or if they go with the car lol
Good luck with the job btw, I bet you'll really be looking forward to pay day :p

Fiesta isn't it SK?

WDID? Went to U-PULL-IT scrappies inverkeithing, there's like 8 micras there haha.

Anyway got myself the wiper motor out of a facelift so the blade will sit flat along the bottom :)

Just got to get the damn boot lid back from the painters!

Anyway got myself the wiper motor out of a facelift so the blade will sit flat along the bottom :)
Good mod mate, even better if you use the plastic wiper arm instead of reusing the metal one :cool:
Can't really understand people dewipering when this is such a good alternative :D

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4

Back