what did you do to your micra today ?

Fitted both camshafts. On reflection it has got more poke, the car was / is heavy with all the stuff I have in it right now, keping it sluggish. Now it feels like I'm getting a good shove in the back just before I hit the rev limiter tbh.

Today I weighed in some scrap £4 whoopee! 5kg of it was the steel frame from the back seat back. Any day where you can shed 5kg from the car is good day:)

Purchased 4 steel wheels with 2x decent tread (odd) 155/70/13 tyres, a new door handle and a Haynes manual for £20. I reckon I can get more than half of it back selling the tyres and the manual.;)

WDID? Left the window open by accident on a rainy night and had a rather soggy drive to my nan's this morning.

Any tips for drying it out quickly?

Tchaaa said:
WDID? Left the window open by accident on a rainy night and had a rather soggy drive to my nan's this morning.

Any tips for drying it out quickly?

I've done this, no tips but it took a couple of days to dry out completely

Sit on the seat. Change your trousers. Sit on the seat. Change your trousers. Sit on the seat. Change your trousers. Sit on the seat. Change your trousers. Sit on the seat. Change your trousers. Sit on the seat. Change your trousers.

Repeat until dry :D.

Sit on the seat. Change your trousers. Sit on the seat. Change your trousers. Sit on the seat. Change your trousers. Sit on the seat. Change your trousers. Sit on the seat. Change your trousers. Sit on the seat. Change your trousers.

Repeat until dry :D.

I've put a towel down at the moment, saves the trouser situation :p

got me some 14" yaris wheels to "double up" some nice megadish wheels for the narrowed axle :cool:

P8250105.JPG

Having managed to acquire a mig welder for not much money I decided to tackle my rear turret. This is what I found :oops:
2012-08-25110213.jpg
2012-08-25163749.jpg
cleaned up
2012-08-25163641.jpg
lower repair, needs a little more shaping then seam weld into place
2012-08-25163719.jpg
weld this section into place and drill through bottom repair
2012-08-25163704.jpg
then weld this plate into place, rust treat, paint and reassemble. Weather permitting of course :(

I've been looking through a wheel pile and it's difficult to find alternative wheels that fit due to the large centre bore diameter, clearly those yaris ones won't go either. I think the renault wheels go with a slightly smaller offset giving a wider stance but couldn't find any 13" diameter size. All the micra ones seem more prone to rust than other brands too.:( Apart from that I washed and sanded some stock wheels for paint as soon as weather permits.

I've been looking through a wheel pile and it's difficult to find alternative wheels that fit due to the large centre bore diameter, clearly those yaris ones won't go either. :(its.
Aye vaux, dub, etc are smaller bore eh :( thats the beauty of cut,n,shut/doubling the wheels tho, you end up with leftover k11 centre,s :)

Was mid painting my new filler flap and it decided to rain so that put a stop to that :) ill get a pic up soon as its done :)

EDIT: opinions first attempt :)

temporary-33.jpg

Welded rear turret, not the prettiest bit of welding but good penetration and strength were my aim
2012-08-26132040.jpg

Tidy up with some filler
2012-08-26140741.jpg

Rub down
2012-08-26152158.jpg

And prime
2012-08-26153156.jpg

Back on the road again.........happy days :D

What did i do to my Playstaion? Oh this is the micra WDIDT! .. but anyway :p

IMAG0243.jpg

284913_3667431005520_1564179906_n.jpg

IMAG0240.jpg

Still might do the console buttons white and leave the reset button how it is, somehow this was fun as hell!

Wished for lower springs, cannot believe the price of 50mm lowerings! and coilovers are mental expensive! I do have a mate who's good with cutting springs though... maybe AFTER next weeks MOT :)

question frank when you remove the head how does the bottom chain not drop off the crankshaft cog?
The guides hold it in place mate :) you can remove that lower cover and still not able to remove the chain till you take the black plastic guide off

so as long as i line the crank up with the timing mark for the cam and crank timing i should be able to remove the chain and remove the head with it in place

so as long as i line the crank up with the timing mark for the cam and crank timing i should be able to remove the chain and remove the head with it in place
yes the chains just sit there when you remove the head, and the upper chain will only dislodge if you unhook it :)

nice just a lad at work has done a few k12 timing chains and reckons cos he had to take the lump out on that i will on mine :/ nutter lol

yes the chains just sit there when you remove the head, and the upper chain will only dislodge if you unhook it :)

and get it past that annoying metal peg feature at the top of the lower timing cover, I cut/snapped mine off so i could remove the upper chain

Just got some clio 14" steels, and fitted some good 165/60/14s to them, going to paint them over the weekend. half inch wider than micra ones and ET35 fill the arches about 15mm more :D gloss black im thinking and gloss black bonnet

Back