what did you do to your micra today ?

took my doorcard off to discover that the plastic sheet that should be on the door is no longer there apart from a few shreds , what is it's job exactly and should i think about trying to replace it with something? any ideas :/

took my doorcard off to discover that the plastic sheet that should be on the door is no longer there apart from a few shreds , what is it's job exactly and should i think about trying to replace it with something? any ideas :/

I've lost it from one of my doors too, and often wondered if it's really a problem but I think it's just to keep the moisture out.

Just worked out the mileage for the last tank (used since replacing the clogged air filter with a K&N panel) and gone up from just under 51 mpg to just over 54 mpg :).

7803338556_7631ee131a_z.jpg

Nearly there :)
Swapping sumps was a pig of job though so it's not going to be running 'till tomorrow afternoon now, and then it's a 250mile round trip to RRG12 sunday morning :O

Nearly there :)
Swapping sumps was a pig of job though so it's not going to be running 'till tomorrow afternoon now, and then it's a 250mile round trip to RRG12 sunday morning :O
Sumpswap is a mofo dirty job on-car aint it matt :) lookin good tho mate, i,ll bring my towrope lol :D

Sumpswap is a mofo dirty job on-car aint it matt :) lookin good tho mate, i,ll bring my towrope lol :D

Oh aye, not as simple as it looks either when the engines in. Just the exhaust to complete and fit boost pipe and vacuum hoses. Oh and I've bought breakdown cover ready:rolleyes:

"What did the micra do to me today"

Hit me on the bleeding head with the corner of the boot, I'll have a nice bump and cut on head to show tomorrow at RRG

My Micra is sat in bits waiting for the front crossmember to be welded on then refit my auto block engine :( sucks not having her about even though I never drive it! lol

you turboed the 1l? is it good? I'm wondering how ambitious to be in future... turbo or engine swap...

Yes Joe, I'll have to update my blog, it's going well so far, t2 turbo set at about 2psi at 4krpm. So it's off boost at cruise but drop a gear and it picks up pretty well. Got a lot of refining to do before it becomes a daily again though.

Yes Joe, I'll have to update my blog, it's going well so far, t2 turbo set at about 2psi at 4krpm. So it's off boost at cruise but drop a gear and it picks up pretty well. Got a lot of refining to do before it becomes a daily again though.

Why only 2psi? i guess youve got to do some mapping before you can up the boost? i know polly is/was running about 10-15 psi on his 1.3 last time i read his blog update

Why only 2psi? i guess youve got to do some mapping before you can up the boost? i know polly is/was running about 10-15 psi on his 1.3 last time i read his blog update
Seemed a good place to start, only had it up and running for an hour, and my air fuel ratio gauge picked the worst time to stop working lol so i'm playing it safe:) and 2psi is surprisingly good, I'd be happy to stick with how it is atm

Seemed a good place to start, only had it up and running for an hour, and my air fuel ratio gauge picked the worst time to stop working lol so i'm playing it safe:) and 2psi is surprisingly good, I'd be happy to stick with how it is atm

Fair enough, when you get round to it will you put up a link to your blog? Be interesting to see what sort of performance a 1L turbo could get compared to swapping a whole 1300 in :)

Fair enough, when you get round to it will you put up a link to your blog? Be interesting to see what sort of performance a 1L turbo could get compared to swapping a whole 1300 in :)

I'd have thought it would be easier, cheaper and more reliable to put the 1.3 in with a couple of bolt-ons. I guess the performance is about the same too atm.
There's a blog on ciscos micra.com.au leading upto where I am now, facelift k11 turbo build.
I'm planning on fitting the 1.3 as well, but I'm not in a rush:)

Car shampood, dried and waxed. But I see smear marks all over the bonnet, but they'll jsut have to do!

Interior cleaned with Vanish stain remover and water with a sponge. Also hoovered, never been so well treated.

WDID? Rewired my lights after one of the fittings sparked and melted away... just the drivers headlight control luckily and i had a spare, hopefully no wierd lighting glitches now!

started on the axle at last, and cut it into smaller pieces :) the tube is nearly 4mm thick (no wonder i could,nt bend the damn thing lol), and the pressed assy/spring platforms were made from 2.25mm steel

P8200088.JPG

Did this yesterday but lowered the rear a bit more, but didnt do the front as was unsure or doing the front, as the front springs are loose when jacked up anyway, would cutting a few coils off cause any damage?

Did this yesterday but lowered the rear a bit more, but didnt do the front as was unsure or doing the front, as the front springs are loose when jacked up anyway, would cutting a few coils off cause any damage?
Uncaptive springs are pretty dodgy ! If you go over a humpback bridge and a front spring slips.to one side, the sidewall of your tyre is at risk :eek:

So either new springs or coilovers then ? There not uncaptive atm the just turn on thr strut as thrre 50mm lowering springs

any pics?
Actually rather embarrassed about the quality. I try to be as particular about my handy work... but its well apaulling. Will get there eventually. Anyone know any good sites for tips? I think my crack head wobbly hands don't help at all.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Actually rather embarrassed about the quality. I try to be as particular about my handy work... but its well apaulling. Will get there eventually. Anyone know any good sites for tips? I think my crack head wobbly hands don't help at all.

what so how much you get your crack for,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:)
got to look at it like------------ laying a clean bead down. looks solid when that happens. what welder ?

Lol its like a little box with sticks of metal... its his dads lol. No idea whether its the right kit for the job. Going to some reading. Got my eye on some kit. Anyone know what's a better brand. Sealey or Clarke.

Also...my spax rear adjust ables coil overs will be with me tomorrow courtesy of matt Humphrey's. Also I have a new little toy micra I am putting my time into.

So do you think I can ignore the gas ones then, or do they all still require gas? I hope to have a long old chat with you regarding advice of a forged engine setup. Want to get my hands dirty with an engine I have got (1.3 pre coil 40K auto block).

today I fitted a new track rod end and put the car back together :) also tryed to figure how im going to root the induction pipe to the bumper with the trumpet out the front but cant see how im going to :/

Today i realised its not worth having my car re welded as it costs far to much, so on the look out for my 2nd micra and then may have to weigh my white one in :(

You can get gasless MIG Chris but gas ones are more controllable and give a neater weld.

today I fitted a new track rod end and put the car back together :) also tryed to figure how im going to root the induction pipe to the bumper with the trumpet out the front but cant see how im going to :/

Why not run it to the front grill? ive got mine there and it works great :)

its never been an issue for me, the pipe itself gets a bit warm but the engine always runs well and feels happier than when i ran stock, i have a pipe feeding round the end of the engine by the battery and into the original airbox though not directly over the top. Found it to be a massive improvement on my old pod filter which just boiled sat in place of the airbox with a separate feed

well I was going to post a picture of my new adjustable coilover dampers on the new micra, but no...some..'insert word here' stole my phone out side the house whilst I was doing the micra... I popped to the shed to get some tools...then it was gone.. I hope nothing else got stolen that I dont know off. Guy ta for the advice. I think..well I was going to buy one. now I need to get a phone.

Back