what did you do to your micra today ?

Just got some clio 14" steels, and fitted some good 165/60/14s to them, going to paint them over the weekend. half inch wider than micra ones and ET35 fill the arches about 15mm more :D gloss black im thinking and gloss black bonnet
make with the pics hoopdub :)
WDID ? trial fitted the yaris rims on the k11 centre,s, quite a dish for a mere 5.5j, set to et-5 (et-25 is the max they will go)

P8310018.JPG

went to show it some love, but it has a flat tyre and no ECU but the battery still seems good!

it is however looking sorry for its self!

anyone want to tax and MOT it for me?

painted my steels, went for silver in the end. cut and shut my spare panhard rod, finished the other matiz strut. prob give the lowering a go tomorow

010920122180-1.jpg

Removed the square Zafira splitter and replaced with a rounded Zafira GSi splitter. Minimal trimming required and it's very rigid.

Similar to a Laguna splitter, jsut without the vents

Went mapping, recorded some weird readings, came to the conclusion ive got an air leak, brought the car back and its now in bits again. :D

Hopefully it'll be back together tomorrow running properly. :)

Cars back together...sc inlet gasket changed, maf o ring returned to correct location, maf wires cleaned, intake pipes double checked for air tightness, lambda recalibrated and lots of other fiddly bits.

Hopefully it will be a-ok now (will be testing tomorrow), if not then i've got a problem lol.

Seems like the car has saved these up just to make the last few days before JAE interesting.

Cars back together...sc inlet gasket changed, maf o ring returned to correct location, maf wires cleaned, intake pipes double checked for air tightness, lambda recalibrated and lots of other fiddly bits.

Hopefully it will be a-ok now (will be testing tomorrow), if not then i've got a problem lol.

Seems like the car has saved these up just to make the last few days before JAE interesting.
You,re running a bigger t/b now aint you kris ?

You,re running a bigger t/b now aint you kris ?

Yeah sr20 maf and ca18 tb. ---> in this order MAF > SC > TB (no idle or aux valve)

Car was always lean when testing. :)

I think it seems to be more of a pre sc maf issue as the voltage wasnt going above normal driving readings when on boost, as if there was a leak bypassing the maf but making it into pipes and tb section fine as its still reading the same psi levels.

So i figured everything after the SC is probably air tight...thats left just fout places, one before the maf and three after, so i've spent my time checking everything around that area. There was a possible leak at the sc inlet, which could bypass the maf and the maf o ring had actually moved possibly allowing a slight leak, others were just hose joins. :)

If i still have a problem, i'll remove the TB and double check air tightness across the two plates (seemed fine when i fitted it).

Worst case would be a maf issue, but i dont think thats the cause.

I did,nt do any good with the 60mm sr20 t/b when boosting kris, twas mad lean most of the time, the stock 45mm t/b ran far better. I think its because a big t/b lets a lot of flow through (even at quarter throttle) so the maf was gauging full throttle, but the tps was gauging quarter throttle.
The sr t/b is perfect for n/a tho ;)

Yeah i figured i'd try it as i had it and needed to upgrade the maf anyway, plus it made it really easy to delete all the un-needed stuff.. It is very sensitive to throttle, crazy how little you need to press the accel to get it to rev. As you say its great for N/A.

You could be right about the maf vs tps confusing things (something to look into). The maf at the moment has only been reading upto 3v (iirc) no matter what, so i suspect its got / had an air leak. Reverting to the stock TB will be last on the list of options, so will see what happens. :)

Funnily enough the car was running rich at idle after i re-attached everything, so much so i've had to pull fuel out...so im taking that as a good sign. :D

But its all in the test drive.

Finished stripping the micra of carpets and various bits and bobs I feel shouldn't be there., Then sprayed the stripped shell in the inside of the car... lovely and white,,, looks kind of new! Also cleaned up alot of wiring and fed the various boot and fuel cap door lines in other directions. Adjusted my my spax rear dampers. Cleaned the engine Bay. Added an oil catcher for the rocker cover. Cleaned my top feed injectors and re soldered the lines properly. Tidied the wiring and made as water proof as possible. Non slipped my belts in the engine bay. Wire brushed and painted parts of the underside of the bonnet. Cleaned the insides, changed over my windscreen wipers. Bought disks and pads. Cant think of what else.. :D

Oh also found a bunch of bits I am going to sell from the parts locker...my out house :p Got a GA16 throttle body which was bought from brand new and got used for two weeks... I then scrapped the micra it was on :D Will make a thread to sell. Shout if anyone wants

Laguna splitter, proper painted driving lights and a ruddy good clean and polish. Tried Autoglym's deep shine polish, works really nice on the black.

llKFh.jpg

e8pei.jpg

Upnmx.jpg

All set for JAE. VERY happy with the car right now, had my mind set on going lower but I think it's low enough. I think at that height it keeps more of the track car type look as well instead of looking like a euro car, which wasn't really my intentions when I got the car.

Can't wait for Friday!

Laguna splitter, proper painted driving lights and a ruddy good clean and polish. Tried Autoglym's deep shine polish, works really nice on the black.

llKFh.jpg

e8pei.jpg

Upnmx.jpg

All set for JAE. VERY happy with the car right now, had my mind set on going lower but I think it's low enough. I think at that height it keeps more of the track car type look as well instead of looking like a euro car, which wasn't really my intentions when I got the car.

Can't wait for Friday!

Car loks mighty schweet! How much you lowered by?

Welding on a washer further down the piston rod and allowing more of the rod to protrude into the boot, with the rod sleeved with a spacer to allow tightening down of the nut, effectively 'shortens' the rear shock. This limits the 'droop' when the rear suspension is unloaded which can dislocate 'modified' rear springs ;)
A happy side effect is that the car now tripods on hard cornering :D

Welding on a washer further down the piston rod and allowing more of the rod to protrude into the boot, with the rod sleeved with a spacer to allow tightening down of the nut, effectively 'shortens' the rear shock. This limits the 'droop' when the rear suspension is unloaded which can dislocate 'modified' rear springs ;)

AWE-SOME-NESS! :p

Back