what did you do to your micra today ?

:eek: interesting, but good result, and looking more like a regular ride hight, is that the effect you was after?

yes matt, it looks less lowered eh, i just think the wings are too baulky personally and prefer the higher arch (here,s how it compares with my misses,s with 40mm drop matiz springs on hers)

Attachments

• SDC12322.JPG
    SDC12322.JPG
    276 KB · Views: 554
i see a nice collection of hammers and dolly's,this is a new horizon:grinning:

sometimes a car begs to be uplifted
DSC01799.jpg

specially when its on borrowed tread :grinning:

the no doors mod,:grinning: more suicidal than the guillotine era
DSC01811.jpg

in no way is this intended for you to think out of the box that you've put yourself inside of :grinning: really:grinning:

What did you do to your micra today? Sad to say but I'm selling her as been offered by buyers who are interested :( don't want to as first car, but I'm not going away from micras, with the money I get from sellin mine which is pretty good offer I'm getting, I can buy a 1.3 super s less miles and less money and the money I have left from buying going to buy a turbo setup? How much aside do I need to get everything I need?

Nae prob's daren :). Think I've finally found a spare 160SR alloy on eBay. Can't wait to NOT have a space saver :).

Some more tests on the SR turbo showed that the stock MAF maxes out at 0,4/0,5bar, so i need another MAF, this time CA18DET MAF on GA16DE throttle body, with wiring adapter and relocated idle valves:

IMG_0146-1.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

How the AFR's are, white plugs means lean mixtures:

IMG_0100.jpg

Need to check all the pipes, one is trying to "run away":

IMG_0101.jpg

Last night my RAW was shaking the booty all the way back home.Found this in the morning:

scaled.php

Local scrappy supplied the broken rod and it's already on:

scaled.php

:grinning:

in the quest for knowledge dan :p did you never take your toys apart :wasntme:

Aha, but of course :laugh:. And of course I took my toys apart when I was kid, I think everyone did :laugh:

I'm lucky I know a bit 'bout cars... if it was my wife's car... I would have found out in a couple of weeks :):):)

Do we allow sexist comments on here? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

lol, i,ve driven mine with the p/rod removed :eek: and its a bit twitchy eh peposhi :grinning:

ha-ha... all the way to the scrappy I had a Shaggy's song in my mind - "... Shake... that... thing... ba-da-ba-da... shake... that... thing..." and so on :grinning:

ha-ha... all the way to the scrappy I had a Shaggy's song in my mind - "... Shake... that... thing... ba-da-ba-da... shake... that... thing..." and so on :grinning:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: I can imagine

fitted my pressed plates. :p

theyre legal so sit back down ja

Surely pressed plates are legal, as long as they're still standard sized and the font is correct? I'm told my Jap plates are legal as well, so no worries there. Although a mate of mine owns a standard Starlet with "snow tyres" as the Japanese guy at one of our local tuning shops put it. He's running 145/50/R15s - and with stock suspension, it feels like you're going to fall out of the door when he takes a corner too fast (which is a rare occurence for him :glare:). Anyway, he is adamant that his plates are Jap plates, even though I've been trying to tell him they're not. They are simply square plates, and a lot smaller than standard motorbike plates. And, judging by the way they'v been made (badly), they won't last very long, and I can see him getting pulled by the local rozzers because the font is illegal.

And yet he still says "Nah, they're Jap plates man, I like them, and even if they're not, they still look cool."

No, they're not, and they don't. You won't think they're cool when you get a fine, points on your licence, your personalised registration taken away, and the orders to re-register it on a Q-plate.

Surely pressed plates are legal, as long as they're still standard sized and the font is correct? I'm told my Jap plates are legal as well, so no worries there. Although a mate of mine owns a standard Starlet with "snow tyres" as the Japanese guy at one of our local tuning shops put it. He's running 145/50/R15s - and with stock suspension, it feels like you're going to fall out of the door when he takes a corner too fast (which is a rare occurence for him :glare:). Anyway, he is adamant that his plates are Jap plates, even though I've been trying to tell him they're not. They are simply square plates, and a lot smaller than standard motorbike plates. And, judging by the way they'v been made (badly), they won't last very long, and I can see him getting pulled by the local rozzers because the font is illegal.

And yet he still says "Nah, they're Jap plates man, I like them, and even if they're not, they still look cool."

No, they're not, and they don't. You won't think they're cool when you get a fine, points on your licence, your personalised registration taken away, and the orders to re-register it on a Q-plate.

They have to have the name and address of the company that produced them on show or they're not legal! I had to change many plates for cars that came in with no address on them at work had the police come in to inform us of the number of cars that people were buying from us that they had pulled over

They have to have the name and address of the company that produced them on show or they're not legal! I had to change many plates for cars that came in with no address on them at work

For real? I had to chop down mine to make them fit - which meant cutting the name and postcode of the company off at the bottom. But they still have BSE written on them, so does that not make them legal? My mates plates haven't even got that on them.......

i think you can have the BSE mark and there is normally a little code to show you were it was made... like a registered charity number
my plates don't have any names on them and it didn't come up in the mot?

For real? I had to chop down mine to make them fit - which meant cutting the name and postcode of the company off at the bottom. But they still have BSE written on them, so does that not make them legal? My mates plates haven't even got that on them.......

The police man said it has to display post code and business name or it's not legal! I quickly ran out side with a sticker I printed of works reg machine with an address on
The bs code is nothing to do with the company that printed the reg on the plate, that is the british standard number

The colours and reflectivity of number plates are also specified in the regulations, and there is a British Standard (BS AU 145d) which describes the physical characteristics of number plates, including: visibility, strength and reflectivity. Front plates must have black characters on a white background, while rear plates must have black characters on a yellow background. The British Standard also requires that a number plate must be marked with the following information: the British Standard Number, the name, trade mark, or other means of identification of the manufacturer or component supplier, the name and postcode of the supplying outlet. A non-reflective border is optional. There may be no other markings or material contained on the number plate.

SUMMARY: What is required and permitted on UK road-legal number plates

Required:
White front plate (to British Standard BS AU 145d)
Yellow rear plate (to British Standard BS AU 145d)
The registration number of the bearer vehicle in the mandatory font (black ‘Charles Wright 2001’)
Spacing of characters and character groups in accordance with the measurements specified in the regulations. Variation is not permitted

Permitted but not required:
3D variation of the mandatory ‘Charles Wright 2001’ font
Coloured, non-reflective border
National emblem: English St George Cross with “ENG” legend, Scottish St Andrew Cross with “SCO” legend, Welsh Dragon with “WALES” and “CYMRU” legend, British Union Flag with “GB” legend) or Euro Stars symbol with “GB” legend.

No additions or variations are permitted. Common illegal variations are:
Fancy or decorative typefaces
Bolts placed in such a way as to alter the appearance of characters
Adjusted spacing between characters or character groups
Altered characters
Additional logos or symbols, such as sporting emblems and religious symbols.

There are concessions for older and vintage cars. “Historic vehicles”, i.e. those built prior to 1973, are permitted to bear the old-style black plates of either plastic or traditional metal construction.

To quote the DVLA: "Vehicles constructed before 1.1.73 may display traditional style ‘black and white’ plates i.e. white, silver or grey characters on a black plate."

i think you can have the BSE mark and there is normally a little code to show you were it was made... like a registered charity number
my plates don't have any names on them and it didn't come up in the mot?

Well sounds like mine will be ok then, it's got the code and BSE mark on it (Y)

it only applies to new plate...
the law changed in 2007 (where you had to use your v5 to get a plate) but before that, any tom **** or harry could make one as long as the size and spacing was correct.

as for the address at the bottom. again, only for new plates. i can guarantee that the 19 year old plates on my mr2 dont have the makers details on them, and they have been through 16 mot's. its all about newly made plates. its simply not viable to police this on all cars.

it only applies to new plate...
the law changed in 2007 (where you had to use your v5 to get a plate) but before that, any tom **** or harry could make one as long as the size and spacing was correct.

as for the address at the bottom. again, only for new plates. i can guarantee that the 19 year old plates on my mr2 dont have the makers details on them, and they have been through 16 mot's. its all about newly made plates. its simply not viable to police this on all cars.

You don't live in my town mate, the police here are so bored they'll do you for polluting if you fart with your window open

Lol then they might decide I need a cavity search :s
well if they scratch your back maybe you could scratch theirs? lol thats filth...
one thing police absolutely hate and that is a know it all... they are power mad crazy men.
however i have met some nice coppers before just gotta watch out for the odd knob.

Next time check their car over see if you can spot anything 'illegal' possibly worn tyres etc lol

I remember doing that once :laugh:. I was so angry for them pulling me over for taking a roundabout "too quick" in their words, at 3 in the morning, with no traffic on the road. I pointed out that their left hand indicator was flashing quickly so it meant one was out somewhere, one of their brake lights was out, and the rear tyres were nearly worn to the wear bar :laugh:. Hypocrites. Other than that, most of the local bobbies round here are pretty sound and don't give us any grief (Y)

You don't live in my town mate, the police here are so bored they'll do you for polluting if you fart with your window open

but thats the law. tell them to take you to court if you dont have a post code on your plate and they will just tell you to be on your way as its not worth the hassle. it is un police-able to say its illegal to not have a makers name on your plate.

oh and the police will only stop you if they genuinely believe there is "something not right" like gut feelings, and unfortunately most young men in any car are considered "not right" to most of the police.
but as long as you keep your nose clean and play ball, try and have a laugh with them, have a propper conversation, they will usualy forget what they stopped you for in the first place..

saying that, i do have 9 points and all of them from Traffic stops..lolfwnfwn

but thats the law. tell them to take you to court if you dont have a post code on your plate and they will just tell you to be on your way as its not worth the hassle. it is un police-able to say its illegal to not have a makers name on your plate.

oh and the police will only stop you if they genuinely believe there is "something not right" like gut feelings, and unfortunately most young men in any car are considered "not right" to most of the police.
but as long as you keep your nose clean and play ball, try and have a laugh with them, have a propper conversation, they will usualy forget what they stopped you for in the first place..

saying that, i do have 9 points and all of them from Traffic stops..lolfwnfwn

I've yet to meet a nice male cop, there's a couple of female cops that have been to my house 3 times now either they fancy me or they disagree to my exhaust and drifting lol but god they're hot!!

I've yet to meet a nice male cop, there's a couple of female cops that have been to my house 3 times now either they fancy me or they disagree to my exhaust and drifting lol but god they're hot!!

Pahaha, sounds like you're intentionally giving them a reason to call in at your house :laugh:

Most male cops are ####ers, and as Antony says, all young men in cars raise suspisions :glare:

Pahaha, sounds like you're intentionally giving them a reason to call in at your house :laugh:

Most male cops are ####ers, and as Antony says, all young men in cars raise suspisions :glare:

I'm not that young 25 lol and my cars are mainly group 18-20 insurance so not many young uns can insure them! But then again I did make the silly mistake of sliding my r33 round a round about while the two police ladies stood at the side of the road watching me! Once I saw them it was too late to stop so i thought best make it a good one as their probably gonna take it off me :)

I'm not that young 25 lol and my cars are mainly group 18-20 insurance so not many young uns can insure them! But then again I did make the silly mistake of sliding my r33 round a round about while the two police ladies stood at the side of the road watching me! Once I saw them it was too late to stop so i thought best make it a good one as their probably gonna take it off me :)

25 is still young to them. I get pulled all the time, but am told I look older than 21. I guess I do drive a bit quick though, and my car is a typical boy racer sort of car :laugh:. Sounds like they must have enjoyed watching if they didn't take the car off you. We don't really get much hassle when people drag race or drift at our local cruise, even with a police station nearby and police driving by all the time

When I first started driving 10 months ago I worked in a hotel so was driving 45 mins home in the early hours and got pulled at least once a month. Luckily nothing wrong. Now I work up a Glen so no police up there!

I seem to get pulled every night I either go to the local cruise, or on my way back from the cruise. So at least once a week :laugh:. But there's nothing illegal on my car, which I think disappoints them slightly as they expect me to be either drink driving or have something wrong with my car :glare:. Stereotyping much?

They look pretty good John (Y). I was going to buy a set myself, but decided to go for the JDM look instead :grinning:. Also, aren't the air fresheners supposed to be on the inside of the car? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

They look pretty good John (Y). I was going to buy a set myself, but decided to go for the JDM look instead :grinning:. Also, aren't the air fresheners supposed to be on the inside of the car? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

cheers! i did so i did yellow fogs etc. i just didnt want pulling up every 5 mins so i bought these (not off ebay, avoid if im honest) and lol, its different ;) same with the sticker on the window, custom made. pics of plates?

They look smart. Where from?

Cheers, dubmeister mate.

Back