what did you do to your micra today ?

cheers! i did so i did yellow fogs etc. i just didnt want pulling up every 5 mins so i bought these (not off ebay, avoid if im honest) and lol, its different ;) same with the sticker on the window, custom made. pics of plates?

Yeah, I would go for fogs, but can't with my open mouth lower grill (unless I made up my own complicated bracketry). Guess I'll just have to go for yellow headlights instead :grinning:. But yeah, definitely don't want to get pulled all the time, but I don't really have any problems with my plates. Loving the sticker as well (Y).

I'll upload some pics of my plates on my blog a bit later :grinning:

any pics? prefacelift one though. i think ive only seen one micra one here with yellow fogs and that was a sr? i didnt do it because of him though, only see the thread with the pic in last week.

any pics? prefacelift one though. i think ive only seen one micra one here with yellow fogs and that was a sr? i didnt do it because of him though, only see the thread with the pic in last week.

I didn't get any pics of it when I saw it, probably should have done as I don't see it around and about that much :(. But it was a pre-facelift one though, a black SR that was completely slammed to the floor on similar deep dish alloys to mine, de-badged, de-bumpstripped, de-mudguarded, open-mouth upper and lower grill filled in with mesh, tinyed rear lights, tinted side repeaters, same spray job on the headlights as mine, and tinted windows. Looked pukka with all that black and then the really bright yellow lights :grinning:.

By the way, I've put up pics of mine with the Jap plates (Y)

Fitted my new lambda sensor as well, and set up my fuel pressure regulator so it's running just right. Doesn't feel sluggish anymore, yay :grinning:

bought another £50 engine lol :grinning:
japspec march G# CG13 auto :cool:

Attachments

• SDC12351.JPG
    SDC12351.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 464
Whats the plan for it frank? Is it for the red car or your missus?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dunno yet karl :) only wanted the exh mani lol, we,ll see if they really are a different spec eh fwn, and i removed a GA14 clutch today to compare it with a CG13 one btw (re your aoc post) .... same clutch but heavier f/w

they,re the most sought after ones dan :) (closed deck block)

I'm not a huge fan of autos though. I've driven one, and didn't feel comfortable at all. Plus I prefer being able to hit the redline and get the perfect gear change

You do know that you can convert an auto to manual?

Oh don't get me wrong, I know it can be done, but surely there's a lot of work involved in converting them?

link? as your thread hasnt shown up when i refreshed

Just go onto my page, and look it up under "Started threads". Should be there though, I'm surprised it isn't fwn

I'm not a huge fan of autos though. I've driven one, and didn't feel comfortable at all. Plus I prefer being able to hit the redline and get the perfect gear change

frank is on about the fact it's a closed block

Oh don't get me wrong, I know it can be done, but surely there's a lot of work involved in converting them?

pedal box, gearbox and associated linkage ect

frank is on about the fact it's a closed block

pedal box, gearbox and associated linkage ect

You'll have to pardon my ignorance, but what's the difference? And I just think it would be easier to get a manual gearbox, as surely an auto box is normally going to be more expensive?

they,re the same engine dan :p you unbolt the auto flywheel and fit the normal f/w

Is that it? I thought it would be a bit more complicated than that, like Karl was saying. Gear linkage, box, pedals, etc. But what's this "closed block" business? It's not something I've heard of before :wasntme:

Washed and cleaned it in preperation for Japfest 2 tomorrow, but decided it looked better with the dirt. Too many dints, chips and bodged paint fixes:doh:

Also made some custom badges for the wheels, undicided whether to fit or not yet.

Washed and cleaned it in preperation for Japfest 2 tomorrow, but decided it looked better with the dirt. Too many dints, chips and bodged paint fixes:doh:

Also made some custom badges for the wheels, undicided whether to fit or not yet.

Well these cars are the best part of 15 years old, so they can't be perfect. The dirt on mine covers up the rust and a long scratch on the driver side rear arch :laugh:.

Pics of the badges? Curious to see what they look like now :grinning:

Well these cars are the best part of 15 years old, so they can't be perfect. The dirt on mine covers up the rust and a long scratch on the driver side rear arch :laugh::

Yep, filler/paint reaction on wiper hole, laquer too thin on tailgate and drivers door, which I've redone but now has runs and then had 7 dings put in the door from other peoples doors, dint in upper wing from some womans handbag she dropped on the car, couple of scratches on passengers side from girls with chains on their handbags grr and I could go on. It's a shame 'cos the paint is actually a brilliant colour in places that's ok.

Pics of the badges? Curious to see what they look like now :grinning:

None yet, but lets just say that you might love them or hate them, but I like them:wasntme:

Yep, filler/paint reaction on wiper hole, laquer too thin on tailgate and drivers door, which I've redone but now has runs and then had 7 dings put in the door from other peoples doors, dint in upper wing from some womans handbag she dropped on the car, couple of scratches on passengers side from girls with chains on their handbags grr and I could go on. It's a shame 'cos the paint is actually a brilliant colour in places that's ok.

None yet, but lets just say that you might love them or hate them, but I like them:wasntme:

Mine's just got some bubble rust on the driver side front wing, and the passenger side rear wing. There's also a sizeable dent on the rear passenger side wing, which I need to hammer out, and numerous scratches and scrapes. Once I've got my money sorted and a new job, I'm going to sort it all out, and make it look like new (or newer :laugh:). I've even got a few dings on the roof, and tiny little dents on the doors that you can only see from the right angles.

And get photos up soon, I want to see them (Y)(Y)(Y)

Took my spark plugs out, all coked up but not as bad as I thought they would be. Gave them a good clean (Y). Filled up the holes in my grommets left over from when I removed the aircon with silicone sealant

managed to get the tires changed again and then balanced however the computer said it was fine on both fronts but it still vibrates!!!! ffs i hate balancing wheels

also cleaned the car throughly for tomorrow and removed the mopping compound mess id left everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!

and im just about to leave lol

Grrr, I'm on-call and can't come for a pub meal - sounds well nice. Got to get up at some ungodly hour to meet a bloke at 8:30 at Wickes opposite the racecourse to pick up the alloy I bought off him on eBay.

I feel ashamed to say I started out with cut springs. But then I saw the light, and bought Apexi lowering springs and uprated dampers :grinning:

My k10 has cut springs on it I bought it like that, it's horrid to drive bounces all over the road! I'm probably going for coil overs when my new van arrives! And I can take it off the road

My k10 has cut springs on it I bought it like that, it's horrid to drive bounces all over the road! I'm probably going for coil overs when my new van arrives! And I can take it off the road

Yeah, I must say the bounce was fairly horrible. At least with proper lowering springs and uprated dampers, the ride is stiff (unless that can be seen as bad thing? Amplifying every bump in the road, rather than absorbing them? :laugh:). But I've chopped a coil off each lowering spring, because I decided it just wasn't as low as I wanted. Thankfully, the dampers can cope with it, and it's still a stiff ride, along with the OMP front and rear strut braces and wide low profile tyres.

I think I'll definitely go for coilovers when I get an SR though. I hear Corsa Bs and Cs will fit the pre-facelift K11s? I'm told that the front ones bolt straight in, but a bit more work is required to make the rear ones fit, instead of having springs and dampers. If so, how much work is involved in making rear coilies fit? I want to go even lower than I am now :grinning:

dan corsa coilovers have been explained countless times, myself and at least half a dozen people have them and no they do not bolt straight in and no the rears are not harder to fit than the fronts also you cant get rear coilovers for the corsa unless you want to spend silly money

Springs are made from spring steel. And when you cut them you heat them up alot. And introducing heat to spring steel makes it just steel wich isnt good. Same applies for welding them :glare:. Not to mention that instead of a whole coil in the spring seat you end up having maybe 2 inches of coil in the seat.

dan corsa coilovers have been explained countless times, myself and at least half a dozen people have them and no they do not bolt straight in and no the rears are not harder to fit than the fronts also you cant get rear coilovers for the corsa unless you want to spend silly money

I haven't really been keeping an eye out on the coilover threads Karl, it's not something I'm going to be doing until I get a 1.3, so I was going to find out about them nearer to actually getting one. Are there any full coilover kits that fit the K11s, without spending ridiculous money? And how much work are we talking about to make them fit? Modified wishbones, drilling, cutting, welding, etc etc? I don't want to be trying to fit some if it's just going to be a waste of time

Springs are made from spring steel. And when you cut them you heat them up alot. And introducing heat to spring steel makes it just steel wich isnt good. Same applies for welding them :glare:. Not to mention that instead of a whole coil in the spring seat you end up having maybe 2 inches of coil in the seat.

I want to get another set of springs anyway, I want to find some 80/90mm lowering springs, as my tyres scrub against the arches way too much with the amount I've lowered her :doh:

And the spring is designed with a set oscillation map (obviously changes with wear) cutting it shorter means the damper and spring don't work together so the spring which is the shock absorber can't absorb shocks and unless properly clamped down comes out of it's seat so when your wheel make contact with the road after a bump the ####er bounces onto the other side of the road!

And the spring is designed with a set oscillation map (obviously changes with wear) cutting it shorter means the damper and spring don't work together so the spring which is the shock absorber can't absorb shocks and unless properly clamped down comes out of it's seat so when your wheel make contact with the road after a bump the ####er bounces onto the other side of the road!

I've solved that problem, the axle is strapped down, and I don't drive about everywhere at 1000mph, so bumps and potholes have never really been an issue for me. And I take it slowly over speedbumps as well. But I am planning on getting another set of rear springs and dampers that are already as low as I've chopped mine to

not like that ,,,,,,,,,,like this - Double parking space siezure ftw

Last night decided to play the posh b#####ds at their own game

DSC01978.jpg

and leave door open like a police bait car :grinning: bait for rats
DSC01979.jpg

see it is realy only one cars space:grinning:

Not posted here for a while but not done anything to the cars lol Both Vipple and Jonc passed there MOT's with no advisories so happy days :D Got a nice spoiler for Jonc, just need to get the stuff to fit it and get it painted :D Also got some nice badges comming too ;);)

As for Vipple not sure what hubsters plans are but hes defo keeping it as they both look great side by side at the car shows :laugh:

Both cars will be in the garage for there prep befor there next show in Dumfries at the end of July :D

@dan

No there ain't, if you want proper k11 coilies your talking £600 or more, the corsa ones I bought were £160 iirc but for rears as well theyre about £160 and that's just the rears and the only real modding is a little drilling and grinding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No there ain't, if you want proper k11 coilies your talking £600 or more, the corsa ones I bought were £160 iirc but for rears as well theyre about £160 and that's just the rears and the only real modding is a little drilling and grinding

Yeah, I was looking up proper kits for the K11, and couldn't find any under £600. A bit beyond my meagre budget. Don't mind a bit of modding to get rears to fit though, a bit of hard work never hurt anyone :grinning:. I'll look into it nearer the time. Cheers for the advice though (Y)

Back