what did you do to your micra today ?

oh i see i agree the k11 clamps are easier to do :)

When I did my K11's battery it had been in storage for 3 years, and I managed to drop the clamp through the engine bay, went to look underneath to see where it had come out, and was greeted by the entire underside being completely coated in a thick net of spiders webs, it was disgusting, and I had to break through it all to get the bloody clamp back out.

id be greeted by the sight of a rotten cross member lol

Being regularly garaged for 17 years of it's 18 year life, my Micra was pretty solid rust wise, only bits I found whilst pulling it apart where on the inside of the sills, and even then it was a tiny bit of surface rust I spotted whilst putting my hacksaw through.

Went searching again for the right size socket to undo the panhard, ive got the bushes but cant get the bloomin bolt off! wouldnt mind but MOT is coming up and as it is the springs are j shaped and would be deemed unsafe :(

Went searching again for the right size socket to undo the panhard, ive got the bushes but cant get the bloomin bolt off! wouldnt mind but MOT is coming up and as it is the springs are j shaped and would be deemed unsafe :(
Can you not tell them it was an aesthetic modification?

Haha :) like "j-shaped springs are the new craze guys"! I dunno, i think i could get away with it depending who MOT's the car but if i know my dad he'll insist on the guy he goes to who is pretty thorough, has its ups and downs...

yeah suppose nothing gets missed, but means you get more on the bill to get it passed. I do prefer the through method. at least i know my engine isn't going to overtake me on the motorway.

Managed to pull out my front panel and mildly align the bonnet and what not! YAY
jady8i.jpg

2d2d3cw.jpg

Yeah, thorough is usually best :) as far as i can tell the springs are the only issue so should be ok! Nice fixing method btw haha, very top gear!

Indeed it is! bugger about the rod issue, can you not get an impact wrench on it? If i get any obnoxious bolts I have a mechanic go for it. Well I do like to be resourceful, was hoping I could get it done without replacing the cross member.

what did i do if this was scraping the k11 shell everyday.

20120707_163517.jpg

clap this on top of the whole leg

20120707_153121.jpg

.1 cm raise----boing---feels slightly smoother ? id know if i didnt do the stilts effect with wrong camber setting.
20120707_171838.jpg

20120707_163453.jpg

20120707_171826.jpg

Yeah, i found a 19mm the other day but its too shallow and the handle on the wrench was tiny so no leverage, brute force just popped the socket off :( tried a bit with an adjustable thingy but that was even worse! After all this fuss it had better work when i finally do it!

JoeK11 said:
Yeah, i found a 19mm the other day but its too shallow and the handle on the wrench was tiny so no leverage, brute force just popped the socket off :( tried a bit with an adjustable thingy but that was even worse! After all this fuss it had better work when i finally do it!

In that case you need one of these

One of the best tool buys I've made and I'm not the only one who rates it, just don't use it to tighten 400nm isn't good for any bolt on a car

SirChris said:
karl say that again? sorry I am fresh on mechanics, didnt under stand that.

It's great for undoing stubborn bolts BUT I wouldn't use it to do them back up again

SirChris said:
ever time I took a car of mine to get cleaner round here more scratches appear, I assumed they are all like it

Second time I used them and I can't really moan, my paint work isn't brilliant anyway

Finally got around to finishing the intake pipe work, minus a few welds and some wiring. Means its nearly ready to run the 1.8 TB, SR20 Maf and larger IC....I'll save the cheers until its all working though lol.

WDIDT ?
blew the headgasket on the donny dyno :( it recorded 129.4 hp and 123 lbft tho :D
the a/f,rs were bumping along the bottom of the graph (sub 10:1 !) you could see the black smoke (till the white smoke appeared lol)
i,ll post the printouts when i get the chance

Was gutted when I heard Frank - presumably you manages to limp it back home then?

WDIDT ?
blew the headgasket on the donny dyno :( it recorded 129.4 hp and 123 lbft tho :D
the a/f,rs were bumping along the bottom of the graph (sub 10:1 !) you could see the black smoke (till the white smoke appeared lol)
i,ll post the printouts when i get the chance

You got back ok then mate?
Do you know what caused it? It was a very sad site to see:(

It was sad to hear about but like I said to Karl, in the long run it'll probably turn into a good thing when General Franko works out what went wrong and improves the next incarnation. It'll change from a 'pain in the 'arris' to a 'development step' :D.

aye, back home guy,s :) daughter towed me back lol, and i,ll whip the head off later (after i,ve removed this other gasket )

Frank are you not now at least tempted to do it properly? Especially considering that the CG13 stock engine will do 150hp without any need to open it up at all if setup right.

P7080006.JPG
Frank are you not now at least tempted to do it properly? Especially considering that the CG13 stock engine will do 150hp without any need to open it up at all if setup right.
it was probably the compression tho ed (1.0 pistons and 2 h/g,s) the guy said 130hp @ .5bar was pretty good :)
full boost @ 4.5k eh

Not really frank, its below average tbh.

IMG_7363.JPG

Thats one I did, totally stock CG13 with 370cc injectors. Full boost 0.7 bar at 4000. 163hp @ 6500 RPM

IMG_7364.JPG

And for torque, 160lb/ft @ 4700 rpm.

Again STOCK ECU (Remapped), STOCK ENGINE 0.7 bar peak boost. It didn't keep blowing up either, just had ££ on what where it needed it.

I see your point Ed but where's the scrapheap challenge fun of spending a fortune on it? Frank reminds of the dudes in Cuba I saw on a documentary once who can cut a square section out of an old 55 gallon chemical drum and beat it into a perfect new wing for an old Americal classic in an afternoon. As an aside, in Cuba they make brake fluid by mixing alcohol, shampoo and sugar because they can't import the proper stuff :confused:.

Back