what did you do to your micra today ?

To close so took out for a grinder skurfing session :)

20120630_210527.jpg

Ran lowered 150mm which was too low. Almost snapped a driveshaft :O

Wound up 20mm ish so only 130mm lowered...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

Drove a nice 200 mile round trip taking my nan places an home again :) she likes the car.

Realised again how much i dislike the clutch though... it slips all over the place! pulled away a bit hard in a jam on the m25 and smoke came out of the engine bay, no wheelspin at all!

Oh yeah got my clear side indicators fitted too, not all plain sailing, but with the help of Araldite and 2 of my daughters megablocks, they fit

IMG_20120703_154705.jpg

The bulb holders are not glued in to the extended tubes i had to make up, they are held in with oversized o rings and then copious amounts of electrical tape wrapped round the bulb holder and extended tube. They wont be going anywhere for a while, but they can be replaced easy.

WDIDT ?
scoured the yards for some slightly bigger injectors (to up the boost for donny/sunday ;) )
could only find some white 208cc, blue 176cc and green 227cc ones tho :(
here,s the blue CG 159,s red QG 199,s and current grey SR 282,s

P7040261.JPG

Reversed. Into a lampost so goin to have to try and pop the bumper back out :/ it would happen when in due to go away

Repaired fan speed control resistor card.
Mounted rev counter into a pod.
Fitted and wired an Avanti map light.
Installed my homebuilt led super interior light.
Discovered a split driveshft gaiter and a bent wishbone!

fitted an actuator to my boot and wired it up to the rear wiper switch as i was sick of having to take the key out :/

CV Boots Change and Undercoating. Put some seat covers in too! This afternoon I am going to put in my extra dashboard cup holder and compartment unit in; stole it from an imported march down the scrap yard!

renewd insurance at £745 for the year
and took the car to mot and it failed on
rusty sill
bent panhard rod
and cv gaiter needs replaceing
=[
better get to work =]=]

i think theres a point where they have to lol
when is shaped like - J
i think they have to iv fixed it now just a bit of heat and bent it back its off for retest in the morning everythin they failed is now done

no but my lower front cross member has two holes in it where the bumper attatches to it so i need it fixed before mot time :) so glad i bought it with a years mot

i dont think ill scrap it over a cross member when i can get one for £20 the rest of its solid ive had it on the ramp at work :)

Yeah I wouldnt for the cross. I had a few quotes for the sills all around 500 mark, I though piss it. New 35k micra for 200, couldnt say no! Wish I had access to a ramp, would be perfect.

What did I do to my Micra today? Went to do some jobs and was greeted by a flat battery, for the third day running. Got my mum to give me a lift to Halfrauds and shelled out £45 for a new one, now poor for the rest of the month, but it was necessary as it's got it's MOT this week, and it actually starting will probably help it pass.

is there not a drain causing it to go flat tho?

I left the lights and fogs on with the engine off the other night to do some photos, and it struggled to start but went after a few heart stopping moments (was in the middle of nowhere, wouldn't have been found for ages!) and since then it's not been very easy to start if it's not been run within the last hour. So I assume the drain put on by the lights must have killed the battery's ability to hold charge properly. Never had a problem with it before that (even though I'd done a similar setup for much longer before). Got a couple alright photos, but nothing worth £45! Probably would have been better if I'd had use of my favourite lens.

Screen%20shot%202012-07-06%20at%2021.00.36.png

have you done long journeys since or just short ones?

My usual daily driving is around 12 - 20 miles. But like I said if it had been run within the last hour or so it worked completely fine, it was the original battery from the factory though so must be about 6 years old now, last owner didn't drive it very much either, 25,000 miles in 5 years. New battery is in now (despite a fight with a stupid design that could probably be traced back to renault), works a treat.

didnt think k12 batteries wer hard to fit?

Wasn't enough room to get a spanner onto the terminals so had to dig out a socket set. And unlike the K11 they have the clamps right at the bottom, held in by a 13mm bolt. Not only was our socket wrench not long enough to reach but I completely stripped the 13mm socket dismantling my K11, so had to do it with a ratchet spanner, with only enough room for one click's turn each time. Took several times as long as it did in my K11, where the clamp was on top and easily accessible.

Back