what did you do to your micra today ?

k11_whore

Steve :)
Wdidt? Washed and polished her so lookin all nice and shiny, come back 20 minutes later and birds **** on it :( happend 3 times now, think they do it on purpose.

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
Finally got the alloys and had 'em fitted:

car_alloys.png

OP
OP
frank

frank

Club Member
got 6 various model suzuki rear springs :)
and rigged up a jig to test the strength of them compared to the stock springs, and cut stock, and matiz
the alto ones are proving to be the lowest, still with plenty of preload (ie, 3 handed job to get the topnut started, without compressors)
arch to floor measurement of 555mm with a 155/70/13

P6270242.JPG

OP
OP
frank

frank

Club Member
Is that with the matiz or micra strut?
k11 leg karl (thats why i,ve had to test them on caz,s car)
hers turned out to have cut stockies on, with the end reworked with oxy/acetylene torch (must have sold the matiz ones lol :rolleyes: )
here,s
alto
ignis (10mm higher than alto)
hks
cut stock (15+mm higher)

P6270243.JPG

OP
OP
frank

frank

Club Member
Ahh cool what's the drive like with the alto springs, they look like they're going to be quite soft
you usually get a harder ride with less coils karl, it felt quite firm to bounce (i did,nt roadtest)
i,ve left the ignis ones on for now, and will commute/roadtest them tomorrow (i,ll get my ear bent if she sees it too low lol o_O)

Lol yeah celina wasn't to happy when I lowered the car a little more, her only problem with the car was "it's too low" and that was when it was 50mm

lee k0011

I hate rust :(
the alto ones are proving to be the lowest, still with plenty of preload (ie, 3 handed job to get the topnut started, without compressors)
arch to floor measurement of 555mm with a 155/70/13

View attachment 20517
Are they reversed/banded vw steels frank?look awesome:) Also is there some very subtitle side skirts you got on there to?? never noticed them before!

Always working on it. Managed to snapped yet another stud while undoing the nut. Seems really dodgy.
Test fitted 10mm spacer and found out it would be rather dangerous to drive with only 5 turns. Also there must have been two lengths of stock studs. Micras with alloys and without. also tided up the inner arch plastics after the rolling
5bc021b7.jpg

OP
OP
frank

frank

Club Member
i asssume the QG15 Fly and clutch fits straight in the 1.3 box?
the spline is the same as 1.3/facelift1.0, but the pressure plate pcd clips the ring gear, and the thrustrace face is too big, so a 190mm p/p would be needed (and chamfered friction material on 1 side)
and the QG flywheel is the same type as the heavy coilpack CG one,s, with the starter ring on the inboard side and the crank sensor ring next to it.
luckily i had a suitable 195mm p/p in my tat :)

P6300255.JPG

Rob

Cosworth turbo'd 1.3
I suppose its unlikely you know numbers or vehicles the bits all come off? Only need a few bits now to complete my list and clutch/flyhweel is one thing i havent sorted.

OP
OP
frank

frank

Club Member
I suppose its unlikely you know numbers or vehicles the bits all come off? Only need a few bits now to complete my list and clutch/flyhweel is one thing i havent sorted.
that p/p is only suitable for the smaller 1.0 thrust bearing rob, the 1.3 bearing size is in between the two pictured, you would have to check the GA16 190mm one i guess.
paul (polly) had his f/w drilled and tapped for a bigger p/p iirc :)

Belly93

to turbo or new lump :/ hmmm
fitted a TRS tow strap as my front tow hook looked crap, unlike alot ive seen my tow strap isnt cable tied on its actualy bolted on lol

Rob

Cosworth turbo'd 1.3
that p/p is only suitable for the smaller 1.0 thrust bearing rob, the 1.3 bearing size is in between the two pictured, you would have to check the GA16 190mm one i guess.
paul (polly) had his f/w drilled and tapped for a bigger p/p iirc :)

I have actually got a complete ga16 with box and everything in the garage for a future conversion. Will have to have a play around.

Rob

Cosworth turbo'd 1.3
Got him down from 660 to 550 as well :)

Needs a couple of bits... needs the roof aerial replacing as someone has wedged a beesting on it and needs a new key and key fob and another as a spare.

Rob

Cosworth turbo'd 1.3
sills are perfect which was a very plesant suprise. Bit of rust on the crossmember which im going to weld a new one in there.

Thats it. I over exagerated the rust on the crossmember and that helped me knock him down. They tyres are old and perished so will need some new wide ones i think.

What size can be fitted on the Si wheels for a bit of stretch?