what did you do to your micra today ?

1/4mile offers nothing in the way of added value over a dyno. You can't compare times from different 1/4mile venues anyway and unless you live right next to one a dyno is probably going to prove more convenient, cheaper, offer greater repeatability and less wear & tear on the vehicle.

It's all pub talk imo. People should lighten up :D

ideal measurement for comparing between machinery is obviously via an officially configured engine dyno for most accuracy but that's really impractical & expensive for most ppl.
rolling dyno's are the next best thing with a nice controlled environment for comparing a relative measure between vehicles. best practice is to run on the same dyno, same dyno temp, same environmental conditions for consistant meaningful results.
comparing between different rolling dynos is pretty vague cos if various configurations, maintenance, conditions etc.

yes 1/4 mile runs out in the open air gives real-world readings but away from any lab-controlled environment it induces a huge amount more variables that will affect the results throughout the launch & acceleration including:
wind speed & direction, track temp, air temp, amount & consistancy of track CoF, track roughness, air pressure, tyre temp, tyre depth, tyre age & stiffness, engine & gear oil temp, radiator condition, driver stress, driver alertness, driver reaction, driver & fuel weight, suspension setup & condition, clutch setup & condition, synchro condition, shift speed, and a million more factors.

engine dynos gr8 for comparing "absolute" power unit output of the machine,
rolling dynos gr8 for comparing "relative" vehicle output of the machine,
little indications of actual individual drivers performance out there,
driving outside on tarmac gr8 for comparing relative performance of driver with vehicle at that time & place.

slow driver + fast car = slow,
fast driver + slow car = slow,
fast driver with fast car = fast.

to ensure the whole car/driver/team performs 100% ftw, u need to manage a perfect balance of synchronising the most superior vehicle within the reg coupled with the best performing driver and the best supporting team.

basically for those outside of paid competitive motorsport, the figures are for simply pub talk shouting "i was superior than you" bird display.
for those inside of paid organised motorsport, the figures are a business tool for obtaining the best car/driver/asset and rewarding whoever is actually most superior.

Also, shocked me a little, this is now this cars third gearbox o_O the one I changed was off a y reg 1l that said it had done 20k found that out after wiping some of the dirt off the top, still had a genuine clutch on it though :confused:

done mirrors, got wheels and have a flat tyre so got them off for smaller profile, lows soon... and quick photoshop

Attachments

• 3.png
    3.png
    364.1 KB · Views: 257
  • 12299224_10207004345720781_993499463844131318_n.jpg
    12299224_10207004345720781_993499463844131318_n.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 231
  • 12348097_10206985963181229_7003392160144425765_n.jpg
    12348097_10206985963181229_7003392160144425765_n.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 234
  • 12359848_10207004346800808_2756155220259327353_n.jpg
    12359848_10207004346800808_2756155220259327353_n.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 245
Went to a little pick-a-part yard and found only five Micras...
Good news is I stole the cams off a 1.3! I also took some little interior trim bits out of some others, I'll be going back there soon to get more bits. I was really pleased, It was very cheap, I only paid £20 for both cams and various little trim pieces.

I'm debating weither to put the 1.3 cams in on Monday or buy these guys on eBay;
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131668697157
Asking price is a bit sharp though.

Oh and I had a little blast against some Mercedes the other night, dunno what it was but it went like stink, he went around a corner and put his foot down to which the back flew out, he very nearly lost it. He got scared of the corners after that one and the Micra managed to slip by haha :)

Last edited:
Went to a little pick-a-part yard and found only five Micras...
Good news is I stole the cams off a 1.3! I also took some little interior trim bits out of some others, I'll be going back there soon to get more bits. I was really pleased, It was very cheap, I only paid £20 for both cams and various little trim pieces.

I'm debating weither to put the 1.3 cams in on Monday or buy these guys on eBay;
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131668697157
Asking price is a bit sharp though.

Oh and I had a little blast against some Mercedes the other night, dunno what it was but it went like stink, he went around a corner and put his foot down to which the back flew out, he very nearly lost it. He got scared of the corners after that one and the Micra managed to slip by haha :)

Those cams, the pipers, are reprofiled and as such will need shimming to make them fit which will bump the cost up a fair wack

Got my engine out. Now i gotta try and test fit the CG13 in tomorrow so i get some measurements for a drivers side mount :)

Attachments

• 12380231_929018403811908_256962840_n.jpg
    12380231_929018403811908_256962840_n.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 235
Right, so, This is the problem I had Saturday night
12387765_10208179053944675_429659221_n.jpg
Not the best result, around a round about but accidents happen :oops:
refitted it today after taking the rear slam bar off to fit the bumper onto it properly, should be good not, plus, apart from the number plate wires snapping :( there was no real damage, while it was off I fixed my number plate lights, put my old bulky LED clusters on, no flashing now

Got this far fitting the MA10 gearbox to the CG13. Found out the bolts are M10 on a CG13 vs M8 on the MA10, just need new bolts though, which is nice :)

Attachments

• IMAG1282.jpg
    IMAG1282.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 233
Those cams, the pipers, are reprofiled and as such will need shimming to make them fit which will bump the cost up a fair wack
Ah thanks for the insight, I was wondering about that when I took the cams out the 1.3 engine.
Should I take all the shims out too, is there anything else I need to do the cam swap?
I've heard a few people mention flatspots in the midrange and I figured I'd just give them a go and see how I get on.

Ah thanks for the insight, I was wondering about that when I took the cams out the 1.3 engine.
Should I take all the shims out too, is there anything else I need to do the cam swap?
I've heard a few people mention flatspots in the midrange and I figured I'd just give them a go and see how I get on.

As far as I know with the 1.3 cams they should fit straight in - may be wrong though, I've never done it myself

As far as I know with the 1.3 cams they should fit straight in - may be wrong though, I've never done it myself
Alrighty thanks :D

I did a bit of looking about and found that the timing just needs to be adjusted for it, which is probably why some people complain of flatspots, hopefully I'll get some time off work over christmas to pop the cams in!

Anyone ever fitted the aftermarket headlights from euro car parts? Was looking at them to see if they are worth it but there pics don't look to different from stock?

Question - why are you using the MA box? :)

Mainly to make the swap a little easier. Using the MA10 box means i only have to change one engine mount and as a bonus i get some maaaad acceleration :L

I do have to use a 160mm clutch though and i am unsure how much power an MA10 box can take before it goes bang.
I am hoping to have around 90HP when im done :)

1.0 with a 1.4 gearbox is pretty fun, little bit sluggish uphill but going round a corner in second and putting my foot flat out on the accelerator brings the back end out instantly, or it may have just been where my old gearbox was f**ked :oops:

Won a present in the shape of an exhaust Sunday, picked it up today, lookout for pictures, may get it fitted tomorrow :D

1.0 with a 1.4 gearbox is pretty fun, little bit sluggish uphill but going round a corner in second and putting my foot flat out on the accelerator brings the back end out instantly, or it may have just been where my old gearbox was f**ked :oops:

Won a present in the shape of an exhaust Sunday, picked it up today, lookout for pictures, may get it fitted tomorrow :D

Eh?
Booting it mid corner would cause understeer not oversteer in a fwd micra

Back