what did you do to your micra today ?

Finally bought a remote central locking kit,and booked in for 15th April for the toad alarm system :)

Nice, had a Toad powerkey on the car for donkey's years and never let me down. I use a different kind of immobilizer now though, that isn't strictly Cat rated but m'eh :rolleyes:

Been warned off Clifford by loads of people so toad it was, the system I'm getting has second immobiliser, and when the alarm goes off it alerts the keyring :) 360 fitted so hoping its good

Got my new wing and spoiler painted :)
paint 2 001.JPG
paint 2 003.JPG

Family mechanic bought mine back just now, on 30mm lowered springs and with new gearbox, Will tax it tomorrow and finally start using it, will take six months driving it till its paid for itself!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Will sand down drums and paint satin black with hammerite spray :)

found a 4inch long hole in the drivers side floor near to sill :( dont think its worth repairing considering what the rest looks like under there

found a 4inch long hole in the drivers side floor near to sill :( dont think its worth repairing considering what the rest looks like under there
extensive floor rot/rust? :S
WDID: drained a nasty rust coloured liquid from my radiator (think I may need a replacement soon) rinsed (very very gently) and refilled w/reservoir then rang le insurance people told them about new alloys got a tyre fixed an then took them home to be fitted much happier now =D

extensive floor rot/rust? :S
WDID: drained a nasty rust coloured liquid from my radiator (think I may need a replacement soon) rinsed (very very gently) and refilled w/reservoir then rang le insurance people told them about new alloys got a tyre fixed an then took them home to be fitted much happier now =D
the rad is alloy al, so i think any rust will be from the liners (lack of coolant additive)

Cars coming up for a service soon so i was just wondering what is the best spark plugs to use on a 1.0 k11 :)

Most people recommend keeping to the original spec plugs which are NGK. Part number BKR5E-11. I did service mine a while back and originally bought bosch plugs but having read reviews of them not been 'suited'' to the engine properly i exchanged them for the NGK ones and never had a problem.they even came with a pre set gap.

Trial fitted allycats off hoopdub with chrome arch trims to cure the front end pokeage, mega busy atm so currently back on original wheels but until then...

IMAG0274.jpg

:D

Spent ages doing battle with the wishbone on the other micra (spanner and socketed, hammered, bigger hammered, set it on fire, angle grinded)...and some days later, it was off. So thats that replaced, new tyres all round, new pads and discs and its got its new MOT.

Time to have a rest. haha.

best bet if a nut or bolt is seized. give it a decent bit ofweld on a part that won't be in the way of a socket. it'll heat the bolt up and crack the rust. read about this months ago, and finally tried it a few days ago on my vectra. it works a treat. i struggled for 25 mins with 2X 2ft breakers before giving up. 2 mins later i undid it with small spanners!

[Yesterday] Drove back from wycombe to hull on just over half a tank :) on a solid half tank i was 190 miles into the trip, not bad for a little 1L on the big scary motorways heheh
Still cant believe how high in the revs 70mph is though...
Either way cant complain at 41mpg eh?

[Yesterday] Drove back from wycombe to hull on just over half a tank :) on a solid half tank i was 190 miles into the trip, not bad for a little 1L on the big scary motorways heheh
Still cant believe how high in the revs 70mph is though...
Either way cant complain at 41mpg eh?

When micra shows half tank, it's not actually half a tank, it will go down very quickly after that. Every single micra/march was like this

When micra shows half tank, it's not actually half a tank, it will go down very quickly after that. Every single micra/march was like this

Yeah, it was just under half when i got home then dropped quite sharply when i went out today, still not too far under though so im happy enough, other times when ive done the trip faster its been over 3/4 tank for the 220 mile trip!

mine,s pretty uniform, tho it creeps upwards halfway through my commute, then drops again when turned off :)
and its drinking a lot less since i lowered the fuelreg pressure !

My fuel gauge has always sucked on the K11, something I intend on sorting on the rebuild. We ran the car down until we dared no longer and it still had 15L in it when it was drained and removed. No wonder it would only take 28L despite sorting a decent breather pipe on it earlier last year :(

As for fuel economy, that will be interesting on the new engine. Probably not too bad on a cruise with lambda feedback this time, but once WOT I think I can forget any kind of economy :rolleyes:

My fuel gauge has always sucked on the K11, something I intend on sorting on the rebuild. We ran the car down until we dared no longer and it still had 15L in it when it was drained and removed. No wonder it would only take 28L despite sorting a decent breather pipe on it earlier last year :(

That is very wierd, but might be similar to mine as sometimes it takes a lot more or less to fill than usual, and like i said sometimes the last 8th lasts forever

Took the K11 for its 1st work run today which is a Mway and A road journey. Lots of road noise, no bluetooth for the iphone and no volume controls is what i missed from being in my Navara. Sluggish up hills but can keep up with the faster flow of traffic quite well for a 1L full of my tools as well. One thing im not too happy with;

I have it lowered 30mm and have a good firm ride, but the steering seems a bit vague at 80 mph upwards. Is this just because im used to a big Mway cruiser, or could something in the steering be a bit worn, maybe bushes? Overall im happy, engine sounds sweet as a nut, and ill be interested how long the 50 quid it cost to fill up lasts, still better than 130 quid to fill the nav up!:eek:

Gave her a good wash down and went over everything, nothing seems loose or gone so fingers crossed it passes her mot at 8:45am tomorow. :) wish her luck

Been driving round on the petrol light for about a week, needle buried in the red, figured I would take the top off the tank see how much fuel was in there..... Nothing absolutely nothing it never stuttered or hesitated once.... What's it running on!

Been driving round on the petrol light for about a week, needle buried in the red, figured I would take the top off the tank see how much fuel was in there..... Nothing absolutely nothing it never stuttered or hesitated once.... What's it running on!

I bet the engine And the filters loved it. Lol

As soon as mine touches the red it dies lol.

ever looked in a tank? the myth that its just #### and silt at the bottom is just that... a myth
Not entirely a myth.. as I found out the hard way with my 84 Celica. Apparently the tanks at my local petrol station were about 40 years old and were in pretty sorry shape. After 2 years of this stuff I had about a half cm of orangish brown sludge in the tank, which killed the fuel pump and clogged the injectors.

1.6 K12s don't... Might fit one now, is it safe to just slice the pipe and fit with Jubilee clips?

Back