what did you do to your micra today ?

Got the block fixed, actually fixed! =D wasn't too difficult in the end, drill the centre of the spark out, tap in a bolt remover, unscrew broken spark, magenet on a stick to get out all those little filing from said drilling, blast it with a hoover, start it without spark or coil jus to blow it out a bit make sure theres no bits, re-fit sparks an coilpacks, jobs a guddun! and the cost for said procedure, 60quid, considering the cost I was lookin at otherwise fair deal I say =D
and the best thing?
I get to stop driving the missus' 1.2clio campus horrible little thing lol

just about finished installing all the alarm/remote central locking today.:)

just got a couple of electrical addons/accessories to put to it now and its all done.

Hello everybody, I thought I would come by and visit with you all.... I was last on here in I believe around Christmas last year. I worked so hard on the '94 Micra K11 for my daughter and it was a wonderful X-mas gift. She got 2 great months out of it, last Friday she had her 1st wreck. The car isn't hurt to bad and I have bought almost all the parts to repair her. I was hopeing you could tell me how to fix just one part... here goes, the front bumper, both fenders, grill, headlights and the hood have been purchased BUT my problem is the "mask"(I guess this is what it is called), the metal piece that goes from left to rigth, with the hood latch, radiator and where the headlights hold on to is damaged on the RIGHT side ONLY. My question is, can I just purchase the RIGHT side or do I have to replace the whole thing? AND how hard is it to do? Sorry I couldn't just come online to say hello and happy new year.. lol. Thanks in advance

ps.. I don't know how to upload pics, wanted to show everyone how she looks! sorry

the 2 headlamp panels and slam panel is availiable on ebay as a complete assy which includes the lower cross member, and the headlamp panel that you need is easily unpicked

Hello everybody, I thought I would come by and visit with you all.... I was last on here in I believe around Christmas last year. I worked so hard on the '94 Micra K11 for my daughter and it was a wonderful X-mas gift. She got 2 great months out of it, last Friday she had her 1st wreck. The car isn't hurt to bad and I have bought almost all the parts to repair her. I was hopeing you could tell me how to fix just one part... here goes, the front bumper, both fenders, grill, headlights and the hood have been purchased BUT my problem is the "mask"(I guess this is what it is called), the metal piece that goes from left to rigth, with the hood latch, radiator and where the headlights hold on to is damaged on the RIGHT side ONLY. My question is, can I just purchase the RIGHT side or do I have to replace the whole thing? AND how hard is it to do? Sorry I couldn't just come online to say hello and happy new year.. lol. Thanks in advance

do you mean this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-MI...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19cdd2a2d9

ive not done one of these before but i have done the lower cross member, i had to drill the old spot welds to get it off then weld the new one in .

i found this on google m8 http://www.nagara.co.uk/Handy-repairs and service.htm
dont know whether its any use to you

Yes that is it, the only part of mine that is damaged is the passengers side headlight. I have already drilled out the weld spots and removed the part on the RIGHT side. I just don't want to have to do the whole thing unless I have to. Plus I don't know how to remove the WHOLE thing..

C:\Users\Buddha\Pictures\Nikon pics\DSC_1964.jpg

Thanks for the link to the repair. Yes, this is the part but I only need to repair the part where the headlight is(upper right side, when sitting in the car). The rest is perfectly straight... I have got the feeling I am going to have to replace the whole part and it is going to be a pain. We will see... I will go to the shop tomorrow and remove the left front fender and start removing the complete crossmember. I guess I will order the new one tomorrow evening when I have all the parts removed from the car. I appreciate everyones responses... really I do. I will see how I can upload the pics as I do the repair for everyone else to see.

Well not today but monday with the help of a good mate of mine completely rebuilt the front coilys with new heavy duty anti roll links an curiosity got the better of us so decided to put on a tad of negative camber result the horrible knocking noise i had been getting is gone an a lot nicer to drive with a little negative pics as soon as i get good weather to take them an am able to upload them :)

Can anyone tell me where to get an anti roll bar to fit my car? its 1995, not sure if that affects fittings much compared to later models.. im just getting really fed up with the body roll in corners, wider tyres have stopped any sliding or understeer but now i just feel like im gonna go over in the bends!

My next option is fitting castors on the door handles...

Can anyone tell me where to get an anti roll bar to fit my car? its 1995, not sure if that affects fittings much compared to later models.. im just getting really fed up with the body roll in corners, wider tyres have stopped any sliding or understeer but now i just feel like im gonna go over in the bends!

My next option is fitting castors on the door handles...
if yours were,nt factory fitted joe, there wont be any brackets welded to the axle or chassis for the rear one

Noo there's a graphics company over here who did it for me joe, he can do aload for us members but would be £30 posted if I did big order for all members who wanted one, mine is the demo hoody, he has the templates ready if I order 10 or more, yeah 2 micras humping love it :p

if yours were,nt factory fitted joe, there wont be any brackets welded to the axle or chassis for the rear one

I dont think it has any... leastways it rolls like a flippin boat so if it ever did have them they failed. 1995 matinee model ive got, looks like i'm gonna be living with this for a while, cant exactly go welding bits onto it here.

I dont think it has any... leastways it rolls like a flippin boat so if it ever did have them they failed. 1995 matinee model ive got, looks like i'm gonna be living with this for a while, cant exactly go welding bits onto it here.

why not try a front/rear strut brace instead? direct bolt on fitment so no welding needed :)

Delboy84 said:
why not try a front/rear strut brace instead? direct bolt on fitment so no welding needed :)

Strut braces reduce chassis flex not body roll, if you want to stop body roll without arb's you're best off using stiffer shocks and springs

mine rolls like a jelly on a plate.im really going to have to lower it and fit some strut braces and arbs,even if i have to make the arbs fit.oh and i need wider wheels too lol.

Yeah therein lies my problem, arb's i can fit with no insurance fuss, but shocks and lowering i'd have to declare, definitely lowering, nd they dont allow lowering on my policy atm so was hoping arb's would be an option.

Yeah therein lies my problem, arb's i can fit with no insurance fuss, but shocks and lowering i'd have to declare, definitely lowering, nd they dont allow lowering on my policy atm so was hoping arb's would be an option.
stronger springs on the front would make a big difference eh joe, and the a/r/b boltholes are probably there on the front

stronger springs on the front would make a big difference eh joe, and the a/r/b boltholes are probably there on the front

And there wont be too much height change to get pulled up on? How much difference will a front arb make? i always feel its the back that rolls more, especially if i have passengers, which i do a lot as not many ppl at uni have a car obviously

dont hold me to this but i remember reading somewhere that on fwd cars you need to upgrade the rear arb, rwd the front and on 4wd/awd cars you do front and back :)

paul (polly) has posted a few track vids eh, you,ll probably find that his outside front corner dips down very low

yeah ive seen a few of his, made me smile when his back wheel kicked up on the handling course too as mine has been known to do that when we're doing cone dodging back home. So you reckon some stiffer front springs may help? and ideas where to get some that wont be too obvious to insurance people?

i would actually have to go buy those lol, i dont have anything here with me at uni and i dont think i'd trust myself to cut springs anyway. May have to wait till i go home at easter maybe. Unless i can buy some stiffer springs off someone? Frank u got anything? you always seem to have 99% of a micra in spare parts!

looks good, do the k12 not have a recess for the exhaust then? or is it just some like urs? if i change mine i gotta check it fits to the gap first!

it has a slight recess. i think the facelift bumpers, the recess is more noticeable but then those bumpers not as smooth as pre-facelift.

Fitted a "fiddly as f***k" performance exhaust manifold this arvo. It has made a noticeable difference to the performance :)

Ive got both front and rear ARB's from my micra if you want them...

assume aimed at me?
It seems from what ive heard that getting an arb is the least of my problems, its the attaching them. Cheers tho :) if i can get under the car sometime soon and see if theres any mounts present i'll give u a shout :)

washed and polished paintwork and hoover'd out the interior,spare wheel well,parcel shelf and also removed front arch liners and cleaned all crud out from inside inner wings. (must have gained atleast 5bhp now lol) :)

Just received a pic from a friend who's been fixing the hole in my door :)

Just needs sanding and painting

Attachments

• image-2121457258.jpg
    image-2121457258.jpg
    466.4 KB · Views: 222
poked more holes in it than a tetley tea bag....:mad: a know its not going back on the road but by the time a cut the rot out of it there will be nawt left of it.... well sickend off.....looking for a rolling shell thats not hundreds of miles away....and not silly money....:mad:

Back