what did you do to your micra today ?

strip'd the sr loom out for a slx one, same year roughly
sr loom had to much crap attached,and a fault thats gone now with the slx loom
bell'd up now movement/glass sensor ,keyless door ent, just indicators and current sensor to attach

Changed the complete steering rack/steering arm/drop links without even going under the car :)

Play in that is gone now, just need to resolve the clunk. TO FRANK

ran out of petrol lol :rolleyes:

well done :p im not sure how ive not managed that myself actually.

Was amazed today to look at the fuel gauge and it seems nissan made my car run on nothing :D drove up from wycombe on monday with a full tank, had about a third left when i got to hull, and been driving around all week and as far as i can tell i now have just OVER a third of a tank! Magic Micra :D

well mine seems to hit the red and it just splutters and farts till it cuts out.no real warning,no lights or buzzers to warn you its low,no nothing lol.as soon as it touches the red it just dies lol.

really gonna have to keep a eye on it.fortunately petrol station was just down the road so rolled down the hill to and built up enough momentum on the way down to get up the slope into the forecourt and JUST enough momentum left over to pull up smack outside the fuel pumps.haha.

I doubt it, the Navara ECU has not been properly broken into yet, the Micra has been out year and not live mapables. Not sure if its the same software, but Nissan live mapping to my knowledge is not out there yet. Get any other make and its all over the web for a proper live map, not some generic boost of fuel and turbo (navara)

And will solve the ECU mapping soon:

IMG_0493.jpg
[/quote]

Liking the look, rear lights look better with some colour on a silver (same as mine) thought yours was a 2000 model untill i saw the exhaust.

WDID: decided to retire Charlie, whilst she's been my trusty steed (on and off) for last year or so, I need something bigger for the family. She won't be for sale and I'm not going to break her, she'll sit in the garage so I can give her the tlc that she deserves :)

I doubt it, the Navara ECU has not been properly broken into yet, the Micra has been out year and not live mapables. Not sure if its the same software, but Nissan live mapping to my knowledge is not out there yet. Get any other make and its all over the web for a proper live map, not some generic boost of fuel and turbo (navara)

Liking the look, rear lights look better with some colour on a silver (same as mine) thought yours was a 2000 model untill i saw the exhaust.

Its a 1999 model, with a 1997 stock backbox.

And this daughterboard is not for live mapping, just normal one. But i have a NIStune board for more than 2 years and has live mapping. Some other members are using it also...

Its a 1999 model, with a 1997 stock backbox.

And this daughterboard is not for live mapping, just normal one. But i have a NIStune board for more than 2 years and has live mapping. Some other members are using it also...

Back in the day when Nistune was first released we used a daughterboard from GRID with live mapping done using emulators. The roms were then burned over to the eproms when done. Not as nice as the Nistune boards available now, where you can tweak and save easily :cool:

Back in the day when Nistune was first released we used a daughterboard from GRID with live mapping done using emulators. The roms were then burned over to the eproms when done. Not as nice as the Nistune boards available now, where you can tweak and save easily :cool:

Great thing with electronics, they are always getting upgrades. ;)

Attempted to keep my boot shut properly :mad::

bolt.png

bungee.png

Think I need a shorter bungee as it's not very tight.

It's common with K12s apparently. The boot sounds slightly open as you drive. I've had a look and all the wiring's in perfect nick and dry so dunno why they do it :confused:.

I'm allegedly the forum K12 expert on here so it doesn't reflect well on me - oh well :D.

Haha, thats a bit of a fail. Google it maybe? someone must know how to fix it! even so much as just modifying the mechanism to be a tighter fit or something..

sell a load of k12 boot locks at my work :D

WDID

ran out of fuel this morning, collected my new wheels, ordered new tyres ordered new wheel nuts

Cursed the rust and corrosion caused by all the salt used on the roads here.. broke a bolt that holds the front suspension arm on.. half of it came out, the other half is bonded to the rubber, so anytime I turn it, it turns right back the way it was :( Nissan people had to order a new one, so there's a couple days waiting again... still have to figure out how to remove it. Any ideas?

Found 2 sources of rattling and a leak in the boot, removed the reg plate and filled the holes with sealant, tightened it up good this time.. removed the inner panel, as I wanted to do the horizontal wiper mod but have the riveted type of motor :( ...added some soundproofing mat to the back of the panel and reinstalled.... now it sounds very solid when closing :)

Replaced 3 lights that have been out for some time.

Found lots of rust that I hadn't noticed before.. including along the roof where the spoiler is... thinking of a full respray one day.

Had a breif look at a K13.. I like it much better than the K12, but not so much as my K11... Dealer said it's only available in 4 door though :(

thought all rear wiper motors were rivited, they need drilling out, easier to just get a k11c one

will check the lock price when im in tomorow matey :D

It's common with K12s apparently. The boot sounds slightly open as you drive. I've had a look and all the wiring's in perfect nick and dry so dunno why they do it :confused:.

My X's micra did this, she blamed me for the way i drove it! I would sit in the back while she drove trying to find what it was, prodding things with a screw driver etc...never did find the cause:confused:

Well WDID? I went to 5 scrappies in search of a central locking but no luck and I came across the grilles I was after don't know if like it colour coded or not what do you think?
571679d7.jpg

ecf1e5e6.jpg

35017e2e.jpg

9a9e5ece.jpg

Well WDID? I went to 5 scrappies in search of a central locking but no luck and I came across the grilles I was after don't know if like it colour coded or not what do you think?
571679d7.jpg

ecf1e5e6.jpg

35017e2e.jpg

9a9e5ece.jpg

looks pretty cool colour coded, then again if you did a bit of colour matching to the gray bits and did them all in a slightly different shade it would look good too, bring out some character instead of the plain colour blending in. Just my thoughts tho, wanna get round to doing some spraying on mine soon as i have the full black bumpers and wanna use that as a base for a kinda red'n'black theme all over

Think I'm going to sand it all back down Im not keen on it tbh keep looking at before and after pics, I can live with bumper as it is till I sourced the bumper with fogs i want :)

Fair, i think i prefer it painted to chrome, just dunno what colour would suit. IM looking for some bumpers with fogs too! hard to find for cheap tho

yesteday not today ( to early ) replaced pas side door glass because it kept coming off that bit of plastic thing or whatever its made of that bolts to the runner...

also popped in my local parts shop to price up some rear shocks :) happy times he had 2 kyb shocks that he had for a few years and let me have them for £25 each :p

you would have to order longer bolts then. what for? got new wheels?

Ye bolts are easy though, its the hassle of fitting the studs thats the ball ache :D takes 2 mins to swap longer bolts, more like 2 hours to do the studs lol.

ye new wheels, again, 14" bbs ra

120320121667.jpg

just been offered a set of 15" RAs though, very tempted

Ye bolts are easy though, its the hassle of fitting the studs thats the ball ache :D takes 2 mins to swap longer bolts, more like 2 hours to do the studs lol.

ye new wheels, again, 14" bbs ra

just been offered a set of 15" RAs though, very tempted

i see, fronts are easy, its just the rear if you got drums,

does anyone know where i can get some exhaust manifold studs from ? are they a metric fine or just m10?
i just use m8 bolts if the studs have screwed out :)
WDIDT ?
got the bike communicator for listening for DET, just a battery powered audio amp basically, and very effective :cool:
and definately found the sweet spot of the fueling now, using the combination of my old 5th injector and the modded fuel reg

SDC13527.JPG

Crazy day today, Red wheel nuts turned up yesterday, then another set turned up today haha, along with an unexpected hefty tax rebate :D also got another set of wheels :D

Not just today but over a few days on and off, i've been building the new throttle body...will be running larger diam and the micras idle control / aux air. Best of both worlds hopefully.

As a bonus, got enough alu pipe left over to make a small oil catch tank (decided against using the power steering bottle as its not as air tight as i first thought it would be).

Spent half hour rubbing peanut butter into the black trim parts as an alternative to buying some back to black - brought it up pretty good.....will have to see how long it lasts :)

Finished taking apart (hacksawing) the cg throttle body. In quite a few pieces now lol...but i've got everything i need off it.

Btw i've got a possibly working maf (from early k11 micra), unfortunatly i didnt think to test it properly before i removed everything :rolleyes:...It does give within spec readings at ignition on and looks very clean.

Gotta be worth the gamble before you go and buy a while throttle body. Only needs the maf socket and maybe three wires (where i clipped them to pinch the maf socket) swapping over. If anyones interested gimme a pm. :D

Just fit my brand new battery as having to bump start on my own everywhere was killing me ><, then took a little cruise calmly through the country side.

Back