what did you do to your micra today ?

WDID: finally found all my brake caliper parts so I could finish putting my bigger brakes bake together, 2 minutes later..... Done and ready for the weekend :D

after removing the rear (back) window seal yesterday because it had shrunk and gone brittle i decided to t-cut the area that was under it and my god the filth that was in there! also cleaned all in my filler cap today too.that was also very dirty!!!and fitted a new fuel filter while i was out there lol.

wow that looks great,youve got the same setup (bar Nismo rear springs) as what im going to do and it looks great! i like the steelies too :cool:

Thanks mate. ;)

I had to grind one coil off the front Matiz springs, so the springs fits nice on the top cups. Frank steeelies FTW. :D

Hows that sensor working for you mate? Whats it hooked up to?
just hooked to an avo meter atm ed (reading millivolts)
its the 2 wire untuned type (from one of those corsa blocks) and steadily rises with rpm, so picks up all engine noise.
gonna attach a mike to it too and listen/observe for det :)

Spent ages doing battle with the wishbone on the other micra (spanner and socketed, hammered, bigger hammered, set it on fire, angle grinded)...and some days later, it was off. So thats that replaced, new tyres all round, new pads and discs and its got its new MOT.

Time to have a rest. haha.

aye, lacking traction in 2nd gear tho eh (i left some lovely black lines)
CG+small t really makes the perfect daily imo, no intercooler to slow the airflow or cause lag, just 3.0L diesel grunt between 2k and 5k :cool:

You have to take it to a Dyno. ;)

Fitted new bulbs on the tailgate ready for mot and bought some stone chip for the arches and sills :) :) also bought some auto glym goodies as was sunny and going to give her a real good rub down ready for the Belfast car meet next Wednesday but decided to chick it down after the pressure washer was set up :(

seriously want franks car....

Today came home to find the council had put bollards blocking the pavement between the road and my house... where i park... thanks guys.
However they failed to notice the big gap the other side over the grass so my car is back home anyway. Bloomin hull...

On my grey Micra i changed the front suspension top mounts and rear shocks. And discovered that there are different stock injectors, normal ones (from pre-facelifts) and ones with black dots (from facelifts). Normal ones seems to deliver more fuel than dotted ones, dont know why tho...

b4
4599a4d6.jpg

and after
d87c972a.jpg

Refitted sidelights properly after visit to scrapyard for the loom:) went to pick the girlfriend up and saw a red 160sr in corner of my eye so went in and booked a test drive for Saturday :) £3699 05 plate, 45k on the clock and 6 month warranty from dealer :)

i.ll probably get the low comp corsa piston engine dyno,d armando, after i,ve checked its not "det-ing", but the block for that engine is still at tamworth engines (being rebored to 72.5mm)
hows that thing coming along frank??

And today well yesterday ive ripped the bumpers off ready for paint in "calsonic blue" xP grills painted looks pretty cool imo made a start prepping the car.

Got some cheap K11 13" steels and they are 2kg lighter each! than K10 steels ;)
I also got a 14" K11 spare 105/70/14 in the boot this also saves 3kg over a K10 steel spare.

The shed had a diet and is now 11kg lighter (15kg with other stuff).

It goes better now...... 40mph hills are now 45+ weeeeee :D

I spoke to the Micra today not to be offended if I trade her in for the 160 sr, so just been test drove it and omg when you need the power it's there loved every minute :) did a 10 mile motorway trip and some city driving, left me on my own so raked it a bit and now im in love with it :) speak to the bank Monday for a loan :)

let a friend carry on unscrewing my spark plugs while I made a much needed brew, came back and there was one in half in his hand... gutted! the whole ceramic part came out, its the metal screw with spark bit that's stuck 6inch inside my block! =(

let a friend carry on unscrewing my spark plugs while I made a much needed brew, came back and there was one in half in his hand... gutted! the whole ceramic part came out, its the metal screw with spark bit that's stuck 6inch inside my block! =(
i have a spare head..........or 2 :)

took out the clutch pedal and put in an almera one I had tinkered with, its put the pedal in a slightly better position and feels great now I have adjusted where it sits, also stripped apart the clutch cable and changed the end fixing so I have a little more adjustment.

I think it must have been really badly adjusted before as the gear changes feel alot better now its back together.

Other day put on k11 13" steels bargain with tyres cheap and lighter than k10 steels. (see a few posts up for weights)
One went flat yesterday miles from home, bugger. :confused: swapped it for the spare then a k10 steel when i got home
Then......................guess what....
i drove off today and heard some click click click that went faster with speed :rolleyes:
pulled over found a nice screw sticking out of ANOTHER k11 steel tyre......... wtf! hows my luck two out of four dead!
went home and swapped it out for another k10 steel. PITA :rolleyes:

So i need to get two tyres swapped over next week to the lighter k11 steels to get them back on and enjoy the lighter weight. :)

i have a spare head..........or 2 :)

Ooooo this sounds a bit more hopeful than an engine transplant... :p
is it a pretty straight forward job? Was looking on google searching broken spark plug removal, and if it wasn't for the sparks being 6inch down it's quite an easy job to get out, well realtive to how it is now... :p
what would it take to get you to part with such loved possesions? I have a few golden nuggets but last I heard gold was down in the old international market =D

Ooooo this sounds a bit more hopeful than an engine transplant... :p
is it a pretty straight forward job? Was looking on google searching broken spark plug removal, and if it wasn't for the sparks being 6inch down it's quite an easy job to get out, well realtive to how it is now... :p
what would it take to get you to part with such loved possesions? I have a few golden nuggets but last I heard gold was down in the old international market =D
if he,s only broken the crock piece off the top then you should be able to unscrew the steel bit out still ?
if not then £25, but its a humdinger job if you have little experience tho

Replaced my rear shocks:

shocker.png

Just got to nip to Halfrauds to get a 1/2" drive 16mm socket to torque the lower bolts :).

Put my size 12 on my rear spoiler while moving a hefty go kart :(

and lowered the micra

I ordered that kind of spoiler from someone of the forum years ago (mickeyandme) the spoiler arrived cracked like yours. With fiber glass from the inside it was barely invisible and never broke again,; especially with filler + new paint as I assume you're going to paint it.

Drove it back to hull :) this weekend has seen 12+ hours and over 700 miles in the car, luckily bloke at the garage said the transmission leak was minimal and i'd only lost less than 1mm of oil from the top mark, not gonna fix it though as the seal is £20 but to get it you have to rebuild the whole box with labour heading towards the price i paid for the whole car! guess its a top up every few thousand miles then... till it totally dies.

Drove it back to hull :) this weekend has seen 12+ hours and over 700 miles in the car, luckily bloke at the garage said the transmission leak was minimal and i'd only lost less than 1mm of oil from the top mark, not gonna fix it though as the seal is £20 but to get it you have to rebuild the whole box with labour heading towards the price i paid for the whole car! guess its a top up every few thousand miles then... till it totally dies.

Guessing its the input shaft oil seal ?

I ran mine with a leak as a daily driver, til the oil was pouring out the bottom at tick over...only downside is it knacked the clutch.

Mine didnt take too long to go from little drips to full on leak though. Rebuilding the box to replace the oil seal yourself is imo really easy.. A weekend would probably see it done with time to spare. :)

Back