what did you do to your micra today ?

Also, I don't take kindly to your calling me a knob, all I am doing is highlighting the fact that you have illegally made your vehicle dangerous to other road users. Have you considered that it's maybe not us who are the knobs, rather the issue is with yourself?

if you say so. couldnt care less anyways. i get blinded by legal ones anyways. i have projector lenses. fitted. couldnt really care what you all think anyways, bunch of ****ing know it alls idiots

wtf is wrong with this poxy site!!!! they are not illegal they are retrofit. #### off with this ####, its always the same knobs aswell
Your attitude is not appreciated. We're trying to save you a pull from the police.

The below was taken from the dept for transports website:

"In summary it is not permitted to convert a halogen headlamp unit for use with hid bulbs..... The entire headlamp unit must be replaced with one designed and approved for use with HID bubs"

if you say so. couldnt care less anyways. i get blinded by legal ones anyways. i have projector lenses. fitted. couldnt really care what you all think anyways, bunch of ####ing know it alls idiots
Continue onto a different forum where they accept this kind of language and attitude because I for one do not appreciate it.

Change of plans with regards to my GA swap. Not gunna chassis notch now, just gunna man up and pay for an electric water pump from demon tweeks. Gunna fit a flow gauge on the cabin so I can see if it randomly stops working like some people have complained about. I realised that although I'm competent to do the welding etc, I really can't be bothered and it's been making me put off doing it (amongst other things). Hopefully there'll be a progress update of some description in the new year, lets see how much money gran stuffs in my Christmas card eh? :D

aye, like a (pumpless) ford model T etc
or hillman imp pump maybe ?

930pump_00.jpg

There will always be people complaining about things going wrong......it happens to the best of us. I wouldn't let that put you off using an EWP over a mechanical pump. Instead of a flowmeter you could always wire in an ammeter instead, which may be a bit nicer than piping water into the cabin to measure flow.

Still a fair bit of money to lash out, especially if you go for an electronic controller too.

There will always be people complaining about things going wrong......it happens to the best of us. I wouldn't let that put you off using an EWP over a mechanical pump. Instead of a flowmeter you could always wire in an ammeter instead, which may be a bit nicer than piping water into the cabin to measure flow.

Still a fair bit of money to lash out, especially if you go for an electronic controller too.
I'll make my own electronic controller probably. I like the ameter idea, but if the impellors bust it won't be as clear as a flow meter. Was thinking an electric flow meter with an electric flow gauge of some description... I've got to see what I can get a hold of first. Might end up doing both, makes sense to go belt and braces for something as critical as cooling :)

What about a water pressure sensor... I'd assume the pump would put the coolant under pressure to pump it round?
Electronic controller I'd be looking at the a variable resistor attached to the throttle/rpm somehow

What about a water pressure sensor... I'd assume the pump would put the coolant under pressure to pump it round?
Electronic controller I'd be looking at the a variable resistor atrached to the throttle/rpm somehow
Good thinking batman :) Except up to temperature the whole system will be at ptessure as the coolant tries to evaporat :/

Good thinking batman :) Except up to temperature the whole system will be at ptessure as the coolant tries to evaporat :/
Pressure relief valves?... and keep the pressure sensor close to the pump output not the engine
Pump being post rad where pressure levels out?

the coolant pressure is there to raise the boiling point innit, and the pump controller is temperature controlled only

I'll prpbably go ammeter actually, I should see a drop in the amps drawn if it's free spinning and the impellors are knackered.
As far as temperature control is concerned, the thermostat housing for a K-series engine is remote isn't it, Polly looked at them on his blog to see if raising the engine temp would cure his oily pistons? Could just plumb one of those inline :) MUCH cheaper than an electric controller :)

Pressure should be consistent though around the engine but will be higher by the pump?
marginally maybe :) an electric pump needs to full-time coast to feed the heater and maintain heat transfer/flow, and then increase at a certain temperature threshold i guess

I'm thinking purely in terms of being noticeable if the pump stopped
Temperature fluctuations based on how hard the engine is used would affect the pressure reading, might be hard to distinguish, though I guess not THAT much more than amps...

Back