what did you do to your micra today ?

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Marshall matrac mh11's
They're a new version of the tyres that came on my k12 4 years ago...in fact 3 of the 4 tyres i changed were the old marshalls ^_^
Online price (asda tyres) £62.34,
called them directly £59.16
...saving £3 per tyre, just from a phone call ;)

The guy did try to get me to go with the matrix(?) ones at first, he had them in stock but they were £65.45 each and rated F for fuel economy and C in the wet. ?.the Marshalls were rated C for both, he just had to order them from a different supplier

Edit:
The Continental one's in that size are about £90-£110 each! :eek:
Although I think they have B ratings?
Edit2: http://www.asdatyres.co.uk/?gclid=CMCX0bzXiLsCFSKWtAodpUwA9w

Continentals ratings for 2 of 4 kinds are worse than the Marshalls.
I guess it just depends how much of a brand you want, I never had a problem with the old Marshalls so sticking with them worked for me
Continental are good, but the way you drive might be pointless lol. My mate swears by marshalls...

MaxK11C

Micraless
Social Brand Manager
Way i drive?...sensibly? :p

Wdidt?
...just dropped her off at the mot station...don't think she'll pass with a blank advisories page...again...but fingers crossed eh? ^_^
Good luck mate :)
Nothing that can't be sorted on an advisory, nothing to worry about :D

'Sent from my bed using paper planes'

Good luck mate :)
Nothing that can't be sorted on an advisory, nothing to worry about :D'
I'm pretty sure that my off side track rod end rubber bush is cracking...but not leading to excessive play...I think that will be on the list <_<
Never getting "Qdrive" parts again...they've only been on the car for 18months...if that.
And I don't do a whole lot of miles... o_O

I'm pretty sure that my off side track rod end rubber bush is cracking...but not leading to excessive play...I think that will be on the list <_<
Never getting "Qdrive" parts again...they've only been on the car for 18months...if that.
And I don't do a whole lot of miles... o_O

Mines been on 12 month, done 300 miles and is split right round Jen, guess you get what you pay for :(

Ps not saying you a cheapskate! :) i got them as they looked a bargain!

Mines been on 12 month, done 300 miles and is split right round Jen, guess you get what you pay for :(

Ps not saying you a cheapskate! :) i got them as they looked a bargain!
No I am a cheapskate, im a micra owner 4 life...blud :p
Seriously though I think they were a bad call :(
But as you say, when you think you're onto a bargain... <_<

Mot update...

Fail :(

Off side (Qdrive) wishbone arm...1 bush deteriorated the other end cap missing :eek:

Also headlamp loose?...connectors broken?...I swear it was fine this morning <_<

All in £200 (test, part, labour, tracking) ...

Other advisories
rear N/S tyre deteriorating
Rear O/S wheel rim bead distorted (not picked up last year, but was the year before)

I'm just gonna go cry now...

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Mot update...

Fail :(

Off side (Qdrive) wishbone arm...1 bush deteriorated the other end cap missing :eek:

Also headlamp loose?...connectors broken?...I swear it was fine this morning <_<

All in £200 (test, part, labour, tracking) ...

Other advisories
rear N/S tyre deteriorating
Rear O/S wheel rim bead distorted (not picked up last year, but was the year before)

I'm just gonna go cry now...
Still no welding though, just your standard lifed items :)

Still no welding though, just your standard lifed items :)
This is true...just, I spent £236 on tyres Wednesday, now £200 for mot stuff.
..at least I get paid on the 13th...and now I've passed my probationary period at work I have my discount card...swings and roundabouts ^_^

And I figured out what I want for Christmas. A new phone, mine is shhh...rubbish :p
Oh, and the starfleet stellar cartography book...I always wondered how to get to farenginar...

Got my MOT done the other day, apart form a small rust hole that needs attention but sailed thru no problem!!, turbo still working well.. needs a rolling session.. still have the nistune ecu and injectors sitting on my desk right now looking at me begging to be fitted!!! ..... now for the bloooody car insurance on the 1st December, £220 fully comp so that's next on my list...... money comes..... money goes.....

J

Belly93

to turbo or new lump :/ hmmm
more painting :)

2 down 2 to go
temporary_zps9afe23da.jpg

Clodo

Club Member
Wdidt.... With the wonderful micrapro, changed my rocker cover bolts, Re-fitted mildreds front splitter as I ripped it of completely in my gravel trap of a drive :rolleyes: fixed my horn, then collapsed a wardrobe, watched lonely bones then had to go to work... This was the outcome of this evenings work...
1385767785444.jpg

Yes..... I was busy! X

Put the induction on half done. Air feed to put on. Went to work finishd n met up wa the micra mate n took pics of our cars like proud micra owners we are haha

Attachments

• 1385775050193.jpg
    1385775050193.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 270
  • 1385775064794.jpg
    1385775064794.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 283
  • 1385775207168.jpg
    1385775207168.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 281
  • 1385775225469.jpg
    1385775225469.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 303
..at least I get paid on the 13th...and now I've passed my probationary period at work I have my discount card...swings and roundabouts ^_^

And I figured out what I want for Christmas. A new phone, mine is shhh...rubbish :p
Oh, and the starfleet stellar cartography book...I always wondered how to get to farenginar...
Getting there is one thing, getting back with clothes still on your back is another...
New phones are always nice though :) pick a nice one with some future proofing and adaptability so it lasts a while.
And how on earth was your tyre deteriorated if you just bought new ones?

skymera

Brutal Honesty

Nexus 5 :)

Belly93

to turbo or new lump :/ hmmm
WDID: not to my car, looked at my mams as it decided to **** it self quite literally

temporary_zps9d8daf88.jpg
next to the wheel to see how much came out,
started as a lil bit and just kept going lol

Getting there is one thing, getting back with clothes still on your back is another...
New phones are always nice though :) pick a nice one with some future proofing and adaptability so it lasts a while.
And how on earth was your tyre deteriorated if you just bought new ones?
Don't worry, if I make it to farenginar I'll wear false lobes so they think I'm male :p

I don't think phones bother with future proofing these days, I swear my old nokia n73 is still beter than 80% of what on the market at the moment <_<

It was the rear tyre, not one of the shiny new ones I've on the front
;)

skymera said:
Blimey, may as well put my tablet in my bag, that thing's massive! :eek:

Bosch super 4's and a new fuel filter, running like a dream.

There must have been some restriction in the fuel filter, as it idled higher than before to begin with. Seems to have levelled out at 650 rpm now. :D

Just need to change GB oil, what's best for aggressive driving? 75w-90 or 80w-90

I know 80w-90 is what's on the manual but.. I dunno.

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Bosch super 4's and a new fuel filter, running like a dream.

There must have been some restriction in the fuel filter, as it idled higher than before to begin with. Seems to have levelled out at 650 rpm now. :D

Just need to change GB oil, what's best for aggressive driving? 75w-90 or 80w-90

I know 80w-90 is what's on the manual but.. I dunno.
Thinner oil = less viscous loss but increased wear (decreased lubricabt film strength)

Went for 80-90 as my mech already had some. Plugs and filter seem to have made a nice difference too. No lumpyness in low revs and it seem to pull better. All in all a happy chappie.
By the looks of the GB mag plug too it look like it had never been changed.

It was thick with steel shards, and when I say thick I mean thick. Like a CM ish layer on all sides.

Wdidt?
Well...she's current more than 50 shades of white, more 5 shades of beige right now...she's filthy dirty :p
So I thought I'd have a car cleaning session.
Got out a couple of leather wipes and the vacuum cleaner and got busy.
Didn't actually wash the outside because we thought, my dad and I, as we had the vacuum out, we'd sort out the interior of the almera...
My brother's gone away for a job in France, so he can't make it dirty again.
We spent about an hour just with the Dyson, the interior was literally leaping *shudder*

Still need to scrub all the unknown stains out of the seats <_<
But as it's cold and damp at the moment it would be ages before it dried...and besides, it was getting dark ^_^

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Drive ways about 20m, garage is another 6m, so maybe about 35m/45? Sounds about right to me anyhow
Sounds right to me too matey :)
You have different lenses too? For a widet spread beam on tighter courses?
Mine have a range of 100m+... but I like overkill :D
I still remember @enuo pointing out I'd lit the trees up a few fields away at JAE... that was just after the 'anti-lagging' antics and the smoke grenade :p

MaxK11C

Micraless
Social Brand Manager
I gave my little Layla a nice bath, much needed after all the bird muck she's had on her after being parked under a tree at my house.
Went for a drive, at about 35mph the L plate came flying off the front.. That gave me a nice shock. Pulled into the Co-op car park near the road, and went for a run to try and find it. Got it back. Masking tape needed next time methinks.