what did you do to your micra today ?

Got this back :)

282kzRj.jpg

Y5x7QA3.jpg

dialing the cams adam :) (setting full lift angles/open @ tdc measurements)
offset dowels dave ?

Yup, preferred option to squeezing in adjustable sprockets. Just a small ream and easily available old skool Ford dowels do just nicely :)

Hopefully it won't be a Fix Or Repair Daily motor though ;)

Entertaining day with @JoeK11 and @SirChris playing with a certain polo.
1 nut ruined its chances of a next day mot pass... never mind
Xbox it was... gets dark too quick :( but went for a short trip in H701. It still impresses me

gapped my plugs, checked my ht leads, found one broken fixed, and still have a miss when cold :/,

anyone help?
it only misses when cold?

gapped my plugs, checked my ht leads, found one broken fixed, and still have a miss when cold :/,

anyone help?
it only misses when cold?

Think id have the dizzy apart and give it a look over :)
Coils normally start to fail when they get warm eh, so doubt its that. Do you know which cylinder is missing when its warm? or is it just a general lumpiness?

Think id have the dizzy apart and give it a look over :)
Coils normally start to fail when they get warm eh, so doubt its that. Do you know which cylinder is missing when its warm? or is it just a general lumpiness?

general lumpiness, the dizzy cap is fairly new but never checked the rotor arm new leads and plugs

Lots is the answer

Changed the oil and filter
Set up the shift light
Fitted the rubber gaiter around the gear stick
Fitted sump guard and improved front mounts
Fitted foam between sump and sump guard
Fitted splash guarding around sump guard
Increased in front ride height by a lot!
Fitted new front bumper
Fitted wiper blades and rain-x ed the windscreen

Off for a bit of gravel testing tomorrow :)

WDIDT ? fitted another rear cylinder (long overdue :rolleyes:)
these crowsfoot spanner thingy,s are a lifesaver when it comes to removing rusted/seized brakepipes :cool:

PB030011.JPG

I think I started off with police story too and then the english dubbed project A then operation condor.
thunderbolt wasn't very well known here. I only caught it on telly 1/4 way through and recorded on tape.

Pretty sure i've got operation condor on tape from one of the Jackie Chan TV marathons...Project A also sounds like i've probably got it recorded somewhere, amongst others (The Protector and Drunken Master spring to mind).

WDIDT - nothing, pouring with rain. Did plan a photo shoot in the field at the end of the road I grew up in, but, no chance.
I planned it because in the background would be the super yacht M5 which has the tallest single mast in the world (295 ft )
If she stays all next week, I'll try to do it again, if anybody wants ??? Just thought it would be interesting

Replaced rear fog light bulb, and two front wipers for MOT on Wednesday!

'Sent from my bed using paper planes'

WDIDT - nothing, pouring with rain. Did plan a photo shoot in the field at the end of the road I grew up in, but, no chance.
I planned it because in the background would be the super yacht M5 which has the tallest single mast in the world (295 ft )
If she stays all next week, I'll try to do it again, if anybody wants ??? Just thought it would be interesting

Sound good. But dude, you grew up in a field?!

3rd times a charm lol
Note1_zps1eeb10f1.jpg

That's better...

They are nice wheels, would really suit a white k12 :)
I know, I already did a mock up lol

Edit: ...and before I forget, again, when I went for an interview back in March I saw an interesting k10
It was back again the other day.

DSC00711_zps5722cdbc.jpg

It has the little spoiler too.

well i today i lost a fight against my hand-break cover as trying to remove it to fit a new hand-break case and luck today the micra wins any advice for tmorrow?

Here she is, in the field above the harbour, the yacht is to the right of the piccie, might be a bit to small to see. Went down to the terrace below the field for a better picture
I used to live 50 yds from this field, played football here for years. And if I wasn't playing footie, I used to go swimming in the last piccie.
029_zpsaf5b4b64.jpg
032_zps1370347e.jpg
033_zps60b0804f.jpg
037_zps5d960fbb.jpg

WDIDT? Looked puzzled at all the carbon coming out of my exhaust... Hmmm

There was less with the dizzy advanced. Can anyone explain this to me? Guessing it's something to do with air fuel ratios...

WDIDT? Looked puzzled at all the carbon coming out of my exhaust... Hmmm

There was less with the dizzy advanced. Can anyone explain this to me? Guessing it's something to do with air fuel ratios...
I have this problem too... a very sooty exhaust be interesting to find out if it is spark timing.

Did a lot of service jobs to the MGZR (my road car) which i will be using this weekend at the Targa rally, i i dont want to risk the micra just before Wales Rally GB.

On the micra, i have fitted new front pads and bedded them in.
Fitted the Yoko A035's and scrubbed them in
Fitted and tested the lamp pod, good job i did as at first it didnt want to work, but traced it down to a dodgy earth connector.

I've just changed the oil and the air filter. God, the guy designing the placement of the bloody oil filter should deserve some new A-hole tearing. Even on my friends Alfa Romeo, which I find very stupidly built, the oil filter is at more convenient place.

BTW any advice on how to remove the fuel lines from the fuel filter? I removed those clamps but I couldn't even move with them. Even tried gripping them with pliers (through a cloth to prevent any damage to the fuel line) but still no luck.

Also there is one screw on the airfilter box that won't move - what's the best remedy for that? WD40? Brake fluid?

Back