what did you do to your micra today ?

if you think its warm doing not alot wana come do my jobe for a day or two?

....nah... :p
....clearing the end of the garden tomorrow in preparation for removing the old fence and pushing back the old Dutton shell
...so we can then move my brothers dead Audi onto the patch of concrete behind my baby on Saturday ;)
...probably gonna drink about 4 litres of water too...already had nearly 3 today...

....nah... :p
....clearing the end of the garden tomorrow in preparation for removing the old fence and pushing back the old Dutton shell
...so we can then move my brothers dead Audi onto the patch of concrete behind my baby on Saturday ;)
...probably gonna drink about 4 litres of water too...already had nearly 3 today...

tell him ill give him £10 for the audi :p lol

tell him ill give him £10 for the audi :p lol

I'd better not...he'd probably take it <_<
...even though he's still paying it off for another year *facepalm*

He's bent the pistons and scraped the inside of the valves...looking like we're gonna have to buy a whole engine :rolleyes:
luckily we can get one (1.8 turbo) from either an A4, A3, VW Passat or possibly a Skoda octavia or Seat Leon... ^_^ ...in theory at least
unfortunately, still not exactly cheap...
dads gonna see if we can get away with just replacing the cylinder head, gasket and pistons
...but if you've gotta change that lot?
...surely we may as well just get a whole new engine?

I'd better not...he'd probably take it <_<
...even though he's still paying it off for another year *facepalm*

He's bent the pistons and scraped the inside of the valves...looking like we're gonna have to buy a whole engine :rolleyes:
luckily we can get one (1.8 turbo) from either an A4, A3, VW Passat or possibly a Skoda octavia or Seat Leon... ^_^ ...in theory at least
unfortunately, still not exactly cheap...
dads gonna see if we can get away with just replacing the cylinder head, gasket and pistons
...but if you've gotta change that lot?
...surely we may as well just get a whole new engine?

more cost efffective to replace an engine than strip and rebuild if the engines are easy enough to come by :)

Dont forget they come in golfs too
More likely to find em in everything but where you'd expect. Easy swaps and dubbers are... well "simple" people

my brother should be saving up for this too
...he got paid a couple of weeks ago, first time from this new job.
...had spent £500 in just 3 days <_<
...got a 1980's Raleigh burner BMX! :rolleyes:
..only just had enough left for the payment on his Audi to come out the bank...

He's currently borrowing the "Beast" to get to and from work (Dad's Almera 2.2dci SXE)
...I'm not a fan of my brother...could you tell? :p

He's currently borrowing the "Beast" to get to and from work (Dad's Almera 2.2dci SXE)

i know that feeling too well with 2 sisters a lil brother and my gf's brother 19 mentally 5 -__- attitude has getting his a slap a couple of times, well that and tryin to throw this at people,

i have no time for a holes lol

Had to re-do the arches as some primer lines were showing through.
62n4.jpg

into this....
iqgo.jpg

Yay lots better

Uhm, kinda simple to do but easy to get very wrong.... Wee tutorial...

Need:
Fabric of your choice (Thicker the better, why I used fire resistant vinyl from ebay)
Spray glue
Card/Balsa wood (To fill speaker holes etc)
Staple gun
Knives, scissors etc
Can use 3mm foam behind the vinyl for softness

How:
Take your doorcard off and seperate all plastics of it
Rip of the old foam and fabric (All the foam), leaving just a blank wood frame
Fill in the holes, can be done several ways (Leave window winder and door release)
Cut the fabric leaving 2cm border all the way around
Lay the fabric on the door board, then fold half of it back on itself....
Spray glue on the wood board and back of the fabric (leave for 1min)
Then lay the fabric down and smooth out any wrinkles (Hardest bit to get done perfectly)
Repeat for other half
Wrap vinyl around the side making sure it's kept very taught
Staple around the edges (Use small staples to ensure the staples don't go through the board and fabric)
Cut holes -like an 'x' - for the screws needed to secure the plastic strip at the top of the card
Attach the plastic strip
Reattach the doorcard with the poppers.

Can possibly update this mini tutorial with pictures if needed

would be funny if he'd bought the burner from my work :L

Uhm, kinda simple to do but easy to get very wrong.... Wee tutorial...

Need:
Fabric of your choice (Thicker the better, why I used fire resistant vinyl from ebay)
Spray glue
Card/Balsa wood (To fill speaker holes etc)
Staple gun
Knives, scissors etc
Can use 3mm foam behind the vinyl for softness

How:
Take your doorcard off and seperate all plastics of it
Rip of the old foam and fabric (All the foam), leaving just a blank wood frame
Fill in the holes, can be done several ways (Leave window winder and door release)
Cut the fabric leaving 2cm border all the way around
Lay the fabric on the door board, then fold half of it back on itself....
Spray glue on the wood board and back of the fabric (leave for 1min)
Then lay the fabric down and smooth out any wrinkles (Hardest bit to get done perfectly)
Repeat for other half
Wrap vinyl around the side making sure it's kept very taught
Staple around the edges (Use small staples to ensure the staples don't go through the board and fabric)
Cut holes -like an 'x' - for the screws needed to secure the plastic strip at the top of the card
Attach the plastic strip
Reattach the doorcard with the poppers.

Can possibly update this mini tutorial with pictures if needed
I gather you're not a fan of speakers or door handles then? I'd rather keep them in mine :p

Left mine on the driveway and took our disgusting horrible yaris to norwich... Really wish I hadnt! It sucks!
And thanks skinner, I'm much better now, skin has grown back :)

Wdidt?... gave up on my k10 running into problem after problem after problem, every time I so much as mention it, is starting to get the better of me. So it can now go sit in a corner and rot its way out of my life :)

Moving onto the scooby powered k10 instead fella?
My welder bust today so I cant. Only needs a new torch but its more money that I didn't wanna spend :( but if I do go onto the nissanubaru they'll be no jae for me
not the one six?
Yup the 1.6 so called rally car :) its gone from me happily enjoying spending money on it to it now demanding money on parts and tools.... last car that did that tried to kill me... therefore I've given up on it
Not like me to give up on something but when your met with either problems or failure it gets boring
Gonna by a saxo and put a 17inxh backbox on it take my rear suspension out and drive like tit everywhere... at least I'll be on the road

My welder bust today so I cant. Only needs a new torch but its more money that I didn't wanna spend :( but if I do go onto the nissanubaru they'll be no jae for me

Yup the 1.6 so called rally car :) its gone from me happily enjoying spending money on it to it now demanding money on parts and tools.... last car that did that tried to kill me... therefore I've given up on it
Not like me to give up on something but when your met with either problems or failure it gets boring
Gonna by a saxo and put a 17inxh backbox on it take my rear suspension out and drive like tit everywhere... at least I'll be on the road
all I hear is " bitch bitch bitch". Get your whiney ass back in the workshop and fix it like a man :p

I hear them saxo's are good for 1000000bhp!

all I hear is " bitch bitch bitch". Get your whiney ass back in the workshop and fix it like a man :p
I'll look back on it tonight wish I could borrow the delorean and go back and slap myself except I have a fellow Andy already doing it :p
I need a de-stress
I hear them saxo's are good for 1000000bhp!
On a serious note I was offered a VTR for 150 yesterday only modification was alloys... turned it down

Anyone fancy helping me see the trees through the woods?

On a serious note I was offered a VTR for 150 yesterday only modification was alloys... turned it down

Should have bought the VTR and stuck it on autotrader for £400 and thrown the profit at the nissanbaru.

Also, remember car modification is your hobby, if it's starting to stress you out take a day to do something fun and then come back to it with renewed spirit.

I'll look back on it tonight wish I could borrow the delorean and go back and slap myself except I have a fellow Andy already doing it :p
I need a de-stress

School mate had a VTR, only thing i didnt like was the lack of metalwork up front! alot of plastic!

If it helps mate my blue micra was rotten as well! (bought with rose tinted glasses as there's not much selection over here) EVERY nut on the suspension front & rear had to be cut off! The front cross member was non existent & i ground the entire under of the car & bay back to metal by hand.

Step away from it for a few days until you mojo comes back for it! :)

School mate had a VTR, only thing i didnt like was the lack of metalwork up front! alot of plastic!

If it helps mate my blue micra was rotten as well! (bought with rose tinted glasses as there's not much selection over here) EVERY nut on the suspension front & rear had to be cut off! The front cross member was non existent & i ground the entire under of the car & bay back to metal by hand.

Step away from it for a few days until you mojo comes back for it! :)
Ha I can so feel that.

We are all in that same boat mate. I know how it feels son

Back