what did you do to your micra today ?

nice clip frank :)
been meaning to video mine too but have to figure how/where to mount the cam cos my WG rod is hidden in between the turbo, block & manifold
i,ll try another vid with the BOV refitted tomorrow paul :) you can see the compressor surge backflowing to the actuator eh (and jerking the W/G further open on lift), and the boost creep seems to be worse when you run a light spring/low boost

What did I do to my micra today ??? nothing, to bloody hot. Took my dogs down the beach for a couple hours to cool em down.
I. Know.
Too hot for polish, so that was my original plan gone :(. Instead I took advantage of the heat using degreaser I cleaned the underside of my bonnet, looks brand new. Also cleaned my air box and re-blacked all the black pipes and stuff in the engine bay. Pics when I'm not on my phone :p

Browsing E bay tonight noticed a couple of these resistor cards....£16/18 respectively. My heater only works on high ( everybody elses ????) Where is it in the car ?? so I can pull it out and look at it, the two cards seem slightly different in the pictures. Advice appreciated.

I. Know.
Too hot for polish, so that was my original plan gone :(. Instead I took advantage of the heat using degreaser I cleaned the underside of my bonnet, looks brand new. Also cleaned my air box and re-blacked all the black pipes and stuff in the engine bay. Pics when I'm not on my phone :p
Sod that... should've gone beach....lovely.;)

Browsing E bay tonight noticed a couple of these resistor cards....£16/18 respectively. My heater only works on high ( everybody elses ????) Where is it in the car ?? so I can pull it out and look at it, the two cards seem slightly different in the pictures. Advice appreciated.
You could try repairing yours? There is a guide in the K11 section :)

Wdidt.... Well yesterday...completely cooked my self sitting in the back of Mildred re-upholstering my back seats and stabbing my hand repeatedly with a needle listening to bob Marley :D

Chloe
X

Wdidt.... Well yesterday...completely cooked my self sitting in the back of Mildred re-upholstering my back seats and stabbing my hand repeatedly with a needle listening to bob Marley :D

Chloe
X
Yay music and micra'ing :D
You can re-upholster my seat for me cant you ;)

Wdid? Drove to a car show and found I can't properly use power in 4th or 5th cause the clutch slips and it bounced off the limiter at 80 in 5th :/. Then started the engine while parked and it dropped into gear and drove off! With the handbrake on! New gearbox and clutch are definitely first on my to do list now :(
And a new/tightened handbrake!

Drove it to the FRUK meet at cribbs, met a new Micra owner! His name is John and it's technically his missus car. Its a '91 gls:
1373830360492.jpg

1373830375991.jpg

1373830404112.jpg

I liked this as well, trim fell off at beach in hot wether so he stuck pebbles in its place
1373830424743.jpg

He'd never heard of the MSC, so I pointed him in the right direction, hopefully a new recruit :D

Attachments

• 1373830509852.jpg
    1373830509852.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 234
i,ll try another vid with the BOV refitted tomorrow paul :) you can see the compressor surge backflowing to the actuator eh (and jerking the W/G further open on lift), and the boost creep seems to be worse when you run a light spring/low boost
this one is with the BOV re-fitted :)

WDID? Nowt but MOT day tomorrow,,, crapping it haha, should pass with flying colours though

Insurance change over soon as well! Going to test fit the almera box tomorrow after the MOT

WHOOPS !!!!!! My MOT ran out 5 weeks ago !!!!! will book it in tomorrow ....straight through I reckon. Mmmmm .....maybe a bit " iffy" on one tyre, must remain positive - we'll see.

Car insurance is up -- currently not renewed. MOT will be due and road tax in a month....uuurgh. Seriously deciding if to keep or start looking for a couple of cars i wouldn't mind owning.

You do care about 6 points for no insurance though .

Thats if he has no insurance, he has no mot. Its only a fine, and even with a car that has a valid mot it doesnt necessarily mean its roadworthy therefore it would be far too much hassle for insurance companies.

Raided Maplin and continued with retrofitting a K11E aircon system to the GX.

Switched inputs from the cabin, dual pressure switch, thermo control amp and ECS to tackle next ;)

Yeah me and Joe popped over to low rider Saturday i think to pick up my bits and bobs. Saw the air con install and never knew you could gas it so simply... might have to man its sooooo hot. But i did say at the time I cannot justify the 40 quid when the turbo project needs to be complete.

Nearly debated getting the thing gassed yesterday :D

I have a small leak on the suction line to the compressor on mine, otherwise ok. Just needs a look-see and probably a fresh o-ring seal. Will get it up and running properly and then get it off for a service and proper gas.

It was mildly amuzing on the way back to watch people cooking in their convertibles while sat next to them in a £'00 K11 all cool and comfy ;)

Went to the beach at weekend and the sun distorted my numberplate light fitting, to such an extent it broke two of the fixing brackets. Went to the scrapyard this morning and got another. It was off an older car than mine so had to remove the Nissan badge to fit it.
null_zps7ad6f96a.jpg

No mate.

No MOT voids your insurance. So you get done for that too.

That just doesnt happen, police dont report you to insurance and they dont give you penalty points for it. Ive had insurance void because of an acciden and the i surers dont report you to police. The police will normally let you drive on your way with a producer (if the car isnt obviously u safe) in which you must prove within 7-14 days that the car has been newly mot'd

I believe it will invalidate the insurance if you have an accident without a valid mot

I have a small leak on the suction line to the compressor on mine, otherwise ok. Just needs a look-see and probably a fresh o-ring seal. Will get it up and running properly and then get it off for a service and proper gas.

It was mildly amuzing on the way back to watch people cooking in their convertibles while sat next to them in a £'00 K11 all cool and comfy ;)
I have heard professional places have a gun do dad which can tell you where the leaks are and what not! So may have to go see if this is true. If so I wouldnt mind doing it. I just do not want to spend 49 quid only for the car to leak it all out :(

Man that day was boiling, standing outside with you talking was just killer, i am now black! well tanned on the arms and face. Was nice seeing you again btw.

you running the wire through the firewall or just trailing it out side past the wind and in through the door seals as I last saw it.

I have heard professional places have a gun do dad which can tell you where the leaks are and what not! So may have to go see if this is true. If so I wouldnt mind doing it. I just do not want to spend 49 quid only for the car to leak it all out :(

Man that day was boiling, standing outside with you talking was just killer, i am now black! well tanned on the arms and face. Was nice seeing you again btw.

you running the wire through the firewall or just trailing it out side past the wind and in through the door seals as I last saw it.

That was just to run it on the way back up, (no chance of the evaporator freezing in these temps). Besides it was way too hot to do anything more involving.

It's being wired in properly now, so through the firewall. I wired in the power side last night, interior stuff next.

Systems eventually loose coolant anyway but it's best to get them serviced if they have been sat unused for a long time, as you can spend £35 on 400g of coolant and not know about an underlying issue. Either way, it's going to cost...

In my case, the system was totally dead, so it's getting the pros to look it over once it's properly functional as they shove a vac pump on it to vacate it properly, (unboubtedly air in my system), before adding coolant.

Not bad, ermmm! naughty maybe ...genuine oversight on my part. But I really can't be assed with the boys in blue, give me a ticket and b .....ger off in my world.
Always insured, they remind you, the mot people don't...that's why I forgot!!!! and that's not a crime in my world, just a bad memory.

Back