what did you do to your micra today ?

All I ever do is DIY spray ive got a 16 year old micra why would I get a full respray before im completely happy with it...

I've gotta re-do pretty much every panel on my baby :rolleyes:
...I think I will still be happy with the job I did on my rear bumper

.....until I've sorted out all the other panels to a higher standard LOL

I have got better at it with each go...still, at about £15/£20 a panel instead of £100...can't go wrong :p

WDIDT ?
fitted a "ball and spring" manual boost controller, they work far better than the crappy boostleak method
the ball holds back the pressure till it reaches the w/g psi setting, a bit like a pressure relief valve on a compressor
so we ran a bit more boost today, while the heatwave has abated :)

P7210232.JPG

Not so much what did I do to my micra today, but what did somebody else do to my micra on Thursday... I should've put this up sooner but the last few days have been a nightmare as you can imagine...

DSC_2205.jpg

DSC_2206.jpg

Cars a write off, boot floor creased... Absolutely devastated like. More details and pics will be in my blog, but I was stationary at a round-a-bout when this happened, the stupid young... girl that hit me didn't even brake...

Bloody hell odd ball, gutted mate. You ok though?

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I'm not too bad... Got whiplash which didn't set in until the next day and obviously got no Micra anymore. Insurance have offered a grand for it, which I suppose is pretty reasonable? Just waiting for a valuation back on the demon to see if I can buy it back, doubt she'll get repaired, I'll just harvest her for parts. Just trying to find a new one in similar condition and milage that isn't too far away is proving harder than I thought.

Absolutely gutted, I didn't even see it coming...

No major injuries then and a nice whiplash claim for mods ;)
Sounds like you've been offered a really good price tbh, wish I could get that for mine! Lol
I'm sure you'll find something else, sticking with micras yeah?

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

In a bit of pain... Well, quite a bit to be honest. But the worst bit really is not having the Micra. I've been provided with a courtesy car, a brand new 1.2 Corsa... and its poo! First off, considering it is classed as a small car, its massive, it's the size of a Ford Focus or bigger!? It is also just so gutless though, much slower than my 1L Micra, and just so cumbersome to drive, feel really detatched from everything.

Only good points to that car are...

Air Con - which I've never had before and is fuppin awesome!
That new car smell which I think every man is programmed to love...
And as it is a new car, everything is so smooth and sleek, like the gearbox...

Honestly though, If I was offered this brand new Corsa to keep for free (What do they cost, about £15K) or 15 x £1K Micras... I'd take the micras everytime!...

But the accident has had a massive effect on me, everytime I drive now I am worried about being rear ended again, constantly watching my mirrors and waiting for that noise again. Even start on the brakes like 3 times sooner than I normally would just to be sure people know I'm braking. In my head I just constantly hear the noise it made when I was hit over and over again. I don't even remember feeling the crash, it was the noise... I don't know if this is just me being really over careful because I'm driving a courtesy car, or whether I am in some way like mentally damaged nowwhich seems so weird to say butthere is something in my brain now and I can't relax or enjoy driving at all now...

But the accident has had a massive effect on me, everytime I drive now I am worried about being rear ended again, constantly watching my mirrors and waiting for that noise again. Even start on the brakes like 3 times sooner than I normally would just to be sure people know I'm braking. In my head I just constantly hear the noise it made when I was hit over and over again. I don't even remember feeling the crash, it was the noise... I don't know if this is just me being really over careful because I'm driving a courtesy car, or whether I am in some way like mentally damaged now which seems so weird to say but there is something in my brain now and I can't relax or enjoy driving at all now...

I was like this after the almera, even now I find myself watching the car behind me and my accident was almost 2 years ago now.

What you're going through is perfectly normal so don't worry about it, you've done the best thing of getting back behind the wheel

I was T-boned on a ring road, drivers side at 50mph back in February the thought of going back down that road or even in busy / rush hour traffic makes me physically sick to the stomach I had nightmares for weeks and still do to this day if I have a near miss so it's not just you

X

I'm not too bad... Got whiplash which didn't set in until the next day and obviously got no Micra anymore. Insurance have offered a grand for it, which I suppose is pretty reasonable? Just waiting for a valuation back on the demon to see if I can buy it back, doubt she'll get repaired, I'll just harvest her for parts. Just trying to find a new one in similar condition and milage that isn't too far away is proving harder than I thought.

Absolutely gutted, I didn't even see it coming...
I got 1.4k for mine when she got shunted and it was no where near as bad as yours, I know how it feels bro hope your ok.

In a bit of pain... Well, quite a bit to be honest. But the worst bit really is not having the Micra. I've been provided with a courtesy car, a brand new 1.2 Corsa... and its poo! First off, considering it is classed as a small car, its massive, it's the size of a Ford Focus or bigger!? It is also just so gutless though, much slower than my 1L Micra, and just so cumbersome to drive, feel really detatched from everything.

Only good points to that car are...

Air Con - which I've never had before and is fuppin awesome!
That new car smell which I think every man is programmed to love...
And as it is a new car, everything is so smooth and sleek, like the gearbox...

Honestly though, If I was offered this brand new Corsa to keep for free (What do they cost, about £15K) or 15 x £1K Micras... I'd take the micras everytime!...

But the accident has had a massive effect on me, everytime I drive now I am worried about being rear ended again, constantly watching my mirrors and waiting for that noise again. Even start on the brakes like 3 times sooner than I normally would just to be sure people know I'm braking. In my head I just constantly hear the noise it made when I was hit over and over again. I don't even remember feeling the crash, it was the noise... I don't know if this is just me being really over careful because I'm driving a courtesy car, or whether I am in some way like mentally damaged nowwhich seems so weird to say butthere is something in my brain now and I can't relax or enjoy driving at all now...
I'm still a bit shell shocked from my roundabout crash (my fault going too fast). Braking miles in advance, creeping round corners, and the thud... haunting...

Finished the A/C install. All up and running thanks to Ed at Fusion for supplying the additional ECU pins and lead to enable a proper OEM install.

Also had a ride out in a customers Pulsar packing 540bhp. All I can say is :eek:

Contemplating take this engine apart so i can try and track down the oil leak...anyone know / remember how much valve stem oil seals, head gaskets cost? (as i remember a couple of people buying these recently). Or any other ideas on where the leak maybe coming from. :)

Take inlet off and look for oil on top of the valve. Saves pulling the whole lot apart

Aye, removing the inlet isn't much easier :D. Ive actually had a crazy idea of making my own duct tape type endoscope from random laptop bits lol. The leaks only gonna be from a couple of possible places.

Aye, removing the inlet isn't much easier :D. Ive actually had a crazy idea of making my own duct tape type endoscope from random laptop bits lol. The leaks only gonna be from a couple of possible places.
Are they that bad?
Let us know how the endoscopw idea turns out :p

Contemplating take this engine apart so i can try and track down the oil leak...anyone know / remember how much valve stem oil seals, head gaskets cost? (as i remember a couple of people buying these recently). Or any other ideas on where the leak maybe coming from. :)
pm jamier for a genuine gasket kris :) and does it chuff a bit of smoke in 1st + 2nd gear on startup in the morning ?

pm jamier for a genuine gasket kris :) and does it chuff a bit of smoke in 1st + 2nd gear on startup in the morning ?

nah that's the odd thing it seems ok. I ran her for a bit yesterday and apart from a very slight misfire i didn't notice anything else.

Back