what did you do to your micra today ?

What is the difference in racks ?
From what I understand, Most racks with removable tie rods have an m12x1.25 thread on the screw, mine has m14x1.5, and nobody sells replacements in my thread size, my replacements came off another rack I got (quite fortunately I might add). Other rods are sealed and cannot be unscrewed. Unless mine was the sealed type and I broke broke the seal that is.

Took the 15" alloys and tyres off !!!! and put my 14" back on. Just could not handle the way it changed the driving dynamics anymore. Too much rolling resistance, reduced acceleration, stuttery ride over traffic calming mountains, tyre whine etc.
Drove back home on the 14"s .....AHHH !!! That's better.
I'll have a look for 14" alloys now. You boys and girls will know .... what wheels from other cars will sit on the micra??????

uploadfromtaptalk1373485706946.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1373485721509.jpg
its joes fault...

WDIDT?

Got a tax disc and drove to the other side of Manchester. It felt really nice to have rescued a cat c with no experience but plenty of help from.

Thanks everyone helped specially frank.

Things still to do:

1 tracking
2 polish (if I some spare cash or some one with know how to do it cheap)
3 fix the caliper
4 rust treatment of rust parts underneath

regards

Davyboy... You'll still have to put spigot rings on the wheels for them to fit (easy thing to do, just letting you know)
You dont have to as such. Wheels are lugcentric not hubcentric but spigot rings help centralise the wheel when you bolt em up and help weight bare should a nut come loose.
For the sake of £10 they're highly recommended :)

Drove car to work (If police ask I'm going to have split pins fitted to the track rod ends), and there we worked out I have about 8 degrees toe in! Need to get it to protyre sharpish!

Davy makes you wonder why anyone would ever put 16" on a micra never mind 15"

You could always go oem and do a refurb, started doing my girlfriends set which were badly scuffed. Not looking too bad for a couple hours work.

CD85EF86-5FDA-497F-A794-8F6EE47B6C37-1473-000001EDFA3D742F_zps517605c0.jpg

Tyres are being changed on the rears, hence the over spray.

I've never had a problem with 15s on mine, grips loads better actually cause I've got wider tyres :) kept the rolling radius the same though so still drives perfect

I've never had a problem with 15s on mine, grips loads better actually cause I've got wider tyres :) kept the rolling radius the same though so still drives perfect

Handles best with 15's, better acceleration with 13's but best compromise is 14's if you can get decent tyres

The only difference( assuming correct and same width tyres) would be wheel weight though yes? So light 15s would be just as good. Mine are only slightly heavier than my old wheels :)

The only difference( assuming correct and same width tyres) would be wheel weight though yes? So light 15s would be just as good. Mine are only slightly heavier than my old wheels :)

Yes weight plays a massive part in it, most go for looks so don't pay attention to what they're buying in that regard unless it looks good

Not on mine Joe, the radius looked the same but obviously was not. Also 195x45x15s were well over sized and altered the car to much for me.

Cheap is the way of the micra owner ;)
What's your max boost frank? 5psi? And is that your cut and shut actuator at work
yes and yes mate :) i,ll go back to half a bar or more when this weather cools down a bit (there,s no I/C with this TD05 eh)
and the hybrid head gasket is holding up well so far :) (coolant has,nt budged)

yes and yes mate :) i,ll go back to half a bar or more when this weather cools down a bit (there,s no I/C with this TD05 eh)
and the hybrid head gasket is holding up well so far :) (coolant has,nt budged)
This is good news :)
Why no intercooler? Purely down to lag I'm guessing?
I might try this hybrid gasket on the ga. They are afterall a similar engine :)

This is good news :)
Why no intercooler? Purely down to lag I'm guessing?
I might try this hybrid gasket on the ga. They are afterall a similar engine :)
not lag really andy, just simplicity tbh, you lose a bit of response when you blip the throttle with such a short chargepipe tho, its trying to suck the intake through a compressor wheel that is,nt spinning eh.
this big turbo is probably only achieving half its design speed on a little 1.3 engine, so i dont think it creates much heat in the charge anyway :)

P7120184.JPG

and i dunno if you can get a multi layer steel gasket for the GA mate ?

84946.jpg

not lag really andy, just simplicity tbh, you lose a bit of response when you blip the throttle with such a short chargepipe tho, its trying to suck the intake through a compressor wheel that is,nt spinning eh.
this big turbo is probably only achieving half its design speed on a little 1.3 engine, so i dont think it creates much heat in the charge anyway :)

View attachment 24036

and i dunno if you can get a multi layer steel gasket for the GA mate ?

View attachment 24037
Fair enough it does make logical sense :)
I know of a small intercooler with well positioned inlet and outlet that would suit the micras. Means 'clocking' the turbo mind
I used a small pump to push air into the turbo on a y pipe (the original setup was retained and pump was pretty much t'd in). It was just simply to keep the compressor spinning slightly and aid the turbo in drawing air at low rpm :)

Dont know if its something you've tried, tested and binned?

Good point I've no idea if they do I'll look into it. Could do with having one :)

i did clock the little GT1549 and ran a small upright I/C andy, but even that was probably running below design speed tho (the 2.2D mera,s that it came off run 1.25bar)
the purpose of that vid today was also to record the sound of the open-air W/G when it opens, the screamer pipe that i fitted a while back sounded crap ! (like a moped with the silencer removed)
yet this W/G just sounds like a mad boost leak to me :confused: FFFFSHSHSHSH

84184.jpg

It does sound like your charge pipes come off :p
I think we'd struggle with a turbo that was designed for sub 10psi. I cant think of any at the mo :)

Touched up some kerb scuffs on my new / secondhand wheels. Really like the look of of these Almera ones. I know they won't be everybody's taste. Just waiting for springs and panhard rod to arrive next. Get rid of some of that arch gap. Wonder why Nissan made such a large arch gap compared to most other cars. Hmmm.
null_zps5cde8e54.jpg

me too :D
WDIDT ? a vid of the W/G actuator, no bov, open air W/G (ie, divorced and no screamer pipe) @ 5psi

nice clip frank :)
been meaning to video mine too but have to figure how/where to mount the cam cos my WG rod is hidden in between the turbo, block & manifold

Back