what did you do to your micra today ?

roadstermatt said:
Im running Almera gti 15's on original tyres (way too big) they catch on full lock etc would that size be the best ones to fit if so i thing i be buyong too

195/45 maybe?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

Today, I bought my micra!
photo5_zps56d235d4.jpg

photo2_zpsed53acab.jpg

photo1_zps607a59bd.jpg

you realy should be botherd cause the better rubber gives more grip

i am bothered about grip but not noise had these tyres on a 9N Polo & my V6 Toyota Camry 3.0 gx 24v with no grip issues
didnt have any issues as a parts manager in a toyota main agent with them when we sold them (lots of them)
also alot of my mates who still work in the tyre sales business still say there a damn good tyre if a bit noisy (down to the tread patterns on certain ones in there range)

i am bothered about grip but not noise had these tyres on a 9N Polo & my V6 Toyota Camry 3.0 gx 24v with no grip issues
didnt have any issues as a parts manager in a toyota main agent with them when we sold them (lots of them)
also alot of my mates who still work in the tyre sales business still say there a damn good tyre if a bit noisy (down to the tread patterns on certain ones in there range)

you sound very botherd by this,,,,,me too :) nothing less than 185's now days for me

I stared at pictures of her, waiting for her to be delivered.. I won't see her again till Saturday. Just trying to think of a name.

Wdid? Got rid of the bloody incessant annoying rattles from the rear of the car. First job was to drill the internal rear hatch cover and secure with self tappers and then I adjusted the boot latch to pull boot lid down tighter.......result, no more rattles :D

Wdid? Well over the last 2 days drove to Norwich twice (about 540 miles total) blew up my lights, changed bulb and fuse for the busted one and re-bodged the connections (direct contact now as the plug disintegrated) and this evening at 11:30 i stopped for a maccy d's by RAF Duxford and a guy with a Slammed golf ran across the car park to admire nigel and invite me to join his car club! Apparently he used to have a micra and loves them, especially with my PL exhaust noise going on! :D EPICNIGEL

Wdid? Got rid of the bloody incessant annoying rattles from the rear of the car. First job was to drill the internal rear hatch cover and secure with self tappers and then I adjusted the boot latch to pull boot lid down tighter.......result, no more rattles :D

I need to this, my boot rattle is getting louder & louder! Don't suppose you'll be putting a guide or pics or anything up will you?

WDIDT ? checked the timing, still running like a swiss watch :cool: over 5 months now, on this stock CGA and Ed,s basemap, intercoolers/catchcans/watercooled tubby,s/turbo timers etc...... pffhht, who needs all that crap :p

I need to this, my boot rattle is getting louder & louder! Don't suppose you'll be putting a guide or pics or anything up will you?
Didn't really think a guide would be necessary to be honest but have some pics odd ball :D
Here you can see the useless plastic clips have been binned and cover is now secured with self tapping screws......
IMAG0322_zps0c3584df.jpg

And below shows the striker in the boot, loosen the two 10mm bolts and gently tap striker towards boot floor, tighten up and try bootlid. If you tap striker down too far you will have to really bang boot down hard to get it to latch, or it may not even latch at all so you may have to adjust a few times to get the best compromise.
766c9209-7e42-4567-b34d-3c78d1705766_zpseb689173.jpg

Hope thats some help to you odd ball ;)

i reckon parcel shelf spare wheel isnt in spare wheel well wont fit could just be junk in the trunk tried the tailgate cause some times ive looked in my rear view mirror chattering on the back window in time with the rattle

Some goodies arrived today!

My long awaited K10 style grill!
Quickly painted black to bung in the car tomorrow morning.
And my decat pipe, cheers Jay!
8A9lsrm.jpg

Quick spray of black, run out of paint so the coat is thin. Will test fit before work tomorrow :)
LDIcCr9.jpg

Didn't really think a guide would be necessary to be honest but have some pics odd ball :D
Here you can see the useless plastic clips have been binned and cover is now secured with self tapping screws......
IMAG0322_zps0c3584df.jpg

And below shows the striker in the boot, loosen the two 10mm bolts and gently tap striker towards boot floor, tighten up and try bootlid. If you tap striker down too far you will have to really bang boot down hard to get it to latch, or it may not even latch at all so you may have to adjust a few times to get the best compromise.
766c9209-7e42-4567-b34d-3c78d1705766_zpseb689173.jpg

Hope thats some help to you odd ball ;)

Cheers for that, it was the bit about using self tappers I didn't understand... Didn't realise you were on about that access panel... Mine came off long ago so I can skip that!

Will have a go at the latch in the week...

Wdid? Went to the mechanics for a play :) pulled the plugs out and everythings dry and oil free which is good for when i make it 1.3L. Also got some wierd noises diagnosed as the gearbox front end bearing being a bit shagged but apparently its expensive to fix and not really an issue so i'll just run it til it goes bang i guess, anyone know how to shut up a whiny gearbox? I guess now my plans are to fix the light properly and then get a head kit and plan out the rebuild :)

Back