what did you do to your micra today ?

I have to agree, my Micra had been garaged most of it's 18 year life and from what I could see there was 0 rust, like, everything was completely solid. And when we cut it open, sure enough, there was some of the orange devil on the surface of the steel inside of the rear sills. Very minor considering it's age though and wouldn't have been a problem for a couple years atleast.

EDIT: However, if there's so little rust that you can't see it, I'd not worry about an MOT, I'd just keep it in mind that you might need some preventative efforts one day.
prevention is key, no 10+ year motor consumer car has no rust. it is natural for rust to occur.

Well unless mines developed massive gaping holes in the past 2 months from nothing then idk :D, was up on the ramp last week and it still looked perfect :)
just realised you are in scotland... good luck keeping it that way.. If it is that good mate I would hurry up and under seal that bad boi

New discs and pads fitted :) No more brake judder :rolleyes:
IMAG0316_zps6891e561.jpg

IMAG0315_zpse3ffa5f4.jpg

Before any smartarse says owt, I know the old one is the wrong way up but it was pi$$ing it down so think yourselves lucky you got pics at all ;) and just so you know the old one is the one on the left :D

Got my new wing mirror cover after procrastinating from buying it for far too long, and, it's the wrong one. It looks like it's for some kind of Nissan as the neck is correct, but not the 2003 - 2010 micra they advertised it as!

Got my new wing mirror cover after procrastinating from buying it for far too long, and, it's the wrong one. It looks like it's for some kind of Nissan as the neck is correct, but not the 2003 - 2010 micra they advertised it as!
I'm pretty sure the wing/door mirror changed with the K12's 2007 facelift Tchaaa :(
it's probably for a K12...just newer than ours :oops:

Well if we exclude tyres and the insurance jump i can afford lots... but i cant, so no fun for me :(

Final look at the 1l next week though to decide on whether to rebuild or swap. If its still oily it'll be a swap and then a loooong rebuild before a swap back as high comp with new rings and seals all round.

JoeK11 said:
Well if we exclude tyres and the insurance jump i can afford lots... but i cant, so no fun for me :(

Final look at the 1l next week though to decide on whether to rebuild or swap. If its still oily it'll be a swap and then a loooong rebuild before a swap back as high comp with new rings and seals all round.

Its true man :(

Huggy444 said:
Will have some front seats for sale soon after stripping out for rally car prep, let me know if you want them

With door cards and full interior?

Only if it's good condition

Please message me with pics if you got time. I got time so please let me know. Thanks jk

Removed the noisy side exit exhaust and fitted my invidia n1 in the proper position. Sounds nice and deep. Pics when its light/not blo0dy snowing.

Wdid? Cursed the headlight connectors and pooed myself when I went to fullbeams and the lights turned off! Pitch black at 70 on a snowy unfamiliar road is not nice!

Finally gotta properly do bulbs etc with all new parts, probably ceramic plugs and also new bulbs as just drove 130 miles at night with snow and rain with no fullbeams working, only left dipped beam and right sidelight! Connectors fell apart finally this afternoon and the bodged fix left me half blind!

Back