what did you do to your micra today ?

A car was donated to me... Here she is
zu8yteby.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I think I have a addiction... Hopefully I am doing NEX proud :D Yeah guy very jammy, so happy. its a 1 litre and it has had one owner... 40k on the clock and a 2001... not a spot of rust.

Well today I'm emptied my boot. Still had tent, sleeping bag, mcoys crisps, peanuts cup, cutlery etc.... It's only been 3months since going jae haha. All that added weight = More fuel I guess :p

WDID? Fitted 2 new front calipers, in less than 2 hours, not bad seeing as it was on my gravel driveway and on my own, all with the nasty scissor jack that come as standard. Now my car doesnt try to set fire to its pads when i drive it, and it seems to get along the road alot quicker, happy days

Wdid?
Took 2 coils off the rear springs to relieve the epic preload i had! 2 coils off on standard shocks ~ 1 inch drop maybe.... 2 coils on my corsa shock ~3mm ish but had relieved most of the preload and is still definitely captive :) maybe have some comfort returning to my car! Still only got one seat though...

I have done a lot over the past week give me a few days and I working a lot and I will start a blog with all the lil bits and bobs I've done, new springs, air filter and banded rims coming in the new year :)

Came off a rounderbout and some super keen twat tried to get away first behind me and almost side swiped the shed!! :confused:

felt a small "bump" as we kissed bumpers at speed.........my rear left and their front left.........lol..........misses shouted WTF!!! lol

all ok....... just another bump on the sheds bumpy exterior :confused:

i thought this might of cleared but it got worse and the garage confirmed head gasket and not to drive it anymore until its done. so its being looked at today stripped down etc. Cylinder Head will be sent off to a engine workshop and get it skimmed and a new uprated head gasket will be fitted!

Removed the knackered old standard fan for a mega blow slimline fan :)

Changed/tidied up the boost hoses.

Started to knock up a new exhaust.

Turned the boost up another 2 psi and ran it to adjust the fueling, now running 9psi and fueling within safe AFR. Hoping for a bar of boost with the SR20DET injectors and MAF.

Well, yesterday actually I stripped head off car to ascertain damage prior to making a decision on whether to repair or scrap
IMAG0102.jpg

Loving the rear fitment ;)
IMAG0103.jpg

How my living room looks now! :rolleyes:

you can fix it ade ;) is the gasket bad ?
Thanks for the vote of confidence Frank :) . Didn't look too bad on first inspection but when removed it left a couple of fire rings behind :oops:. Tbh I think the problem was:-
a: Not renewing head bolts, which I knew were suspect last time
b: Not thread chasing/tapping head bolt holes
These things WILL be done if I decide to repair it
Need to test head for trueness(??) when I get a decent straight edge and some feeler gauges before deciding which way things are gonna go

Back