what did you do to your micra today ?

Fitted a 90degree bend (From a Zafira GSi airbox) for cold air feed and repositioned behind the gearbox

Wires from every colour of the rainbow :D
3VLQ9.jpg

yeP2w.jpg

I did move it up off the ground slightly and point it forward.

Doubt there'll be any improvement but it just looks nicer

Another Zafira GSi part? Who's Zafira you stealing parts off of ? :p

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

beware of puddles scott ! (and add some toe-in ;))
I had it like this before, I'll move it up in the event of heavy rain.

I know it def has a decent suction effect as when I removed my airbox lid I found a bunch of crispy leaves behind the filter :D

wdidt?

i seen this micra for long time since about 5years now. i didnt notice that micra was march import! before i tho it was normal micra. today, i came closer to this march import. damn it, this owner never move this march import for years now. i do really want to get this march import so i am planning to see this owner soon.

tax and mot must be gone now
i know this march will get mot errors cos it been on driveway for years now. hopefully i will save and rescue this march if i see this owner.......

Yet again fought with the OS engine mount, took F**king ages to get the new polybush fitted/alined and all bolted up. Finally finished, although it seems my torque wrench is knackered as i stripped the threads on the engine mount nut....

Modded the brand new tb a bit, femoving the wax stat and smoothed the throttle spindle a little. Fitted the tb and called it a night.

Another night in the cold garage tomorrow night...... All prep for next weekends Rockingham Stages.

Plenty of non-work jobs to be fitted in around work tmorrow including getting the new tyres fitted, and a trip to Halfords

Yet again fought with the OS engine mount, took F**king ages to get the new polybush fitted/alined and all bolted up. Finally finished, although it seems my torque wrench is knackered as i stripped the threads on the engine mount nut....

Modded the brand new tb a bit, femoving the wax stat and smoothed the throttle spindle a little. Fitted the tb and called it a night.

Another night in the cold garage tomorrow night...... All prep for next weekends Rockingham Stages.

Plenty of non-work jobs to be fitted in around work tmorrow including getting the new tyres fitted, and a trip to Halfords

Those mounts are bit of a pig to get in eh! Ended up moving the mount open with a scissor jack :) how are you finding the vibration Matt? I get a resonance at about 2k where everything seems to buzz all at once, rear view mirror is useless as well!

Chassis mount was fine, just getting a) the old inner part of the mount out and b) when fitting and trying to get it all lined up. Haven't tried it yet with the engine running to see how harsh it seems.

Started swapping over left/right seats in the front, passenger rail for the Recaros is muffed up though, evidently the guy who modded it to fit practiced his technique on that one... it only fits one of the seats! Drivers seat is back in with the tilt handle on the right side now :) passenger seat has been abandoned in the dining room til i can be bothered to sort out the rail with some drilling/filing tomorrow.

Fitted the new white wheels fitted with snow tyres to scrub in for the weekends rally at Rockingham, also took her old for a test drive. All fine but i had set the idle too high after removing the wax-stat system, a bit of adjustment and its fine. Although with the new engine mount it is noisier inside the car.....

All set now for rockingham stages, car jobs wise, just got to loads the cars up on Friday night ready to be off early in Saturday. Anyone in the area, may want to pop along as spectators as allowed at this event :)

Only downer is although finally after lots of messing around today i collected a pair of spare driveshafts, the wishbones i was meant to be buying were useless. So i am still after a pair of cheap used wishbones, to carry in the spares kit. Anyone got any ? Ideally close'ish to either Aylesbury or Uxbridge or I am in Wokingham on Friday.... Or can bring to Rockingham. Would be nice to have the reassurance of a spare set of wishbones in the spares kit. Cash waiting.......

removed the parcel shelf and climbed through the boot to unlock the doors at 7.30 this morning due to the locks being frozen solid on the front doors
I used to have some lock deicer. It has a nozzle which you poke into the lock then push and it sprays.

I never actually got to use it as I left it in my glovebox in my old car and my locks froze so I couldn't get it :rolleyes:

micra 2000 said:
removed the parcel shelf and climbed through the boot to unlock the doors at 7.30 this morning due to the locks being frozen solid on the front doors

You should buy car winter kit. I got ice key :) so I can poke in before I put my car key in :p

Phoned up about my alloys and there STILL not done, last Wednesday they said 2 we're machined out and 2 weren't then yesterday I phoned and they said that the calipers had been adjusted so they didn't know what size they needed machined out to and once I told them the size they said "we'll get them done today" then I phoned again today and they've only got 1 done. The place is full of bull****!

You're getting the centres milled out?

It's a 60minute job if that and that includes setting up the lathe.

My wheels were trial and error, bit by bit till the wheel fit. Once one fit the other 3 were done in a few minutes. :rolleyes:

Sounds like they're fobbing you off, I'd go there and pick all 4 wheels up and go elsewhere.

EDIT: my 1337 post :p

You're getting the centres milled out?

It's a 60minute job if that and that includes setting up the lathe.

My wheels were trial and error, bit by bit till the wheel fit. Once one fit the other 3 were done in a few minutes. :rolleyes:

Sounds like they're fobbing you off, I'd go there and pick all 4 wheels up and go elsewhere.

EDIT: my 1337 post :p

I thought it would only be a 60 minute job but they are taking the piss haha

I wont be giving them any money until I fit them on the car and make sure they fit right!

Im very close to just picking them up tbh

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

WDIDT ?
stripped the high comp corsa piston 1367 engine to check its all honky dory inside still :) in my new engine building facility (you cant beat a greenhouse for natural daylight detail working) :D

PC060403.JPG

wdidt?

i seen this micra for long time since about 5years now. i didnt notice that micra was march import! before i tho it was normal micra. today, i came closer to this march import. damn it, this owner never move this march import for years now. i do really want to get this march import so i am planning to see this owner soon.

tax and mot must be gone now
i know this march will get mot errors cos it been on driveway for years now. hopefully i will save and rescue this march if i see this owner.......
~Update, did you get it?

Back