what did you do to your micra today ?

Keen indeed :p
Well...this one on ebay/trojan cars Portsmouth (a K10) is a bit...expensive <_<... but i've had a look at it in person she just needs a new front bumper and the wheels could do with a lick of paint...29,000 miles since 1987 ^_^

Looks like its been de-bump stripped (iirc).

For what its worth, those seat are awesome. Sooooo comfy. Had them in my K10 years ago...it also rocked the brown interior. :D

2 x TD05 eh stani :cool:

You're certainly liking the boost then eh lol.

I think it was a spare so i bought it from him. I can doodle a rough idea of what it looked like if your handy yourself?

Might take you up on that, its not going on for a while though as im really busy with all sorts of family faff at the mo and over christmas. also a mechanic friend said hes gonna ask an engine builders he knows how much theyd do it for, if its not too bad itll save me some time and worrying (in case i cock it up)

Wdid? not too much, just sorted out the rail fitment for my passenger seat and then decided a cuppa was preferable to fitting it as i dont have many passengers til the weekend anyway :) and i like being the only one with a comfy recaro seat... makes me feel special :p

That looks AWESOME :D so you gonna build that into half of an old turbo and blank off the back or something?
yeh, i,ve cut the flange off, and i,m using 2 belt idler cartridge bearings joe (1 is a k10 timing belt idler :)).
the balance has to be very very good for 50k rpm tho !

sc1.JPG

the balance has to be very very good for 50k rpm tho !

You're right there Frank, with the G forces involved at those speeds, the words 'explosive' and 'shrapnel' spring to mind :D.

Pull it off though and you'll be a legend in the car forum world :) (you already are to us lot :p) .

You're right there Frank, with the G forces involved at those speeds, the words 'explosive' and 'shrapnel' spring to mind :D.

Pull it off though and you'll be a legend in the car forum world :) (you already are to us lot :p) .
fingers crossed eh guy :) alternators are fine @ 20k+, it should be do-able if finely balanced

painted my calipers!

Wow...That looks ace!, good job...love the colour ;)

Thinkin' I might re-touch mine when I get a good day for it
...did them a couple of years ago now...mine are still a gorgeous red, when i've cleaned them :p, but got some nasty chips that i'd like to sort out ^_^

Wow...That looks ace!, good job...love the colour ;)

Thinkin' I might re-touch mine when I get a good day for it
...did them a couple of years ago now...mine are still a gorgeous red, when i've cleaned them :p, but got some nasty chips that i'd like to sort out ^_^
thanks man! it adds a touch off class : P got a blog ?

thanks man! it adds a touch off class : P got a blog ?
You're welcome ;)
..Nah, I've no blog...the only "mod" i have is my painted calipers and my aftermarket aerial, not sure anyone would want to read about my playing the miles per gallon game with my trip computer and yelling at silly bussiness types in their porches and the local yobbo in thier saxo VTR every week LOL
I'm a bit dull really, but i like to look :p

Is that gold? or Yellow...? either way looks lush against the dark green ;)

You're welcome ;)
..Nah, I've no blog...the only "mod" i have is my painted calipers and my aftermarket aerial, not sure anyone would want to read about my playing the miles per gallon game with my trip computer and yelling at silly bussiness types in their porches and the local yobbo in thier saxo VTR every week LOL
I'm a bit dull really, but i like to look :p

Is that gold? or Yellow...? either way looks lush against the dark green ;)
haha madness :p and nope, its 'FORD ELECTRIC ORANGE' :)

Ooo I like that Frank. What are your plans for the housing?

Edit, you're just going to use the compressor half of the turbo that that compressor wheel came from aren't you.

Wdid? actually fitted the seat i fixed yesterday :) annoyingly the seatbelt clasp is dying it seems after 17 years existence, better order a new one before it just stops working and clamps people into the car!

Spent all day trying to get car to start, only for my neighbour mechanic to come home and point out one wire was wrong. So now it's ALIVE.
But problem with petrol pissing out of carbs, regulator or float bowls issue.
Tomorrow I will have it running properly and try and set up carbs as best I can.

Actually excited ! Can't wait to have a blast, it's gunna be a bit noisy as there's no turbo on it and exhaust won't be connected, but still. Be first time off the drive since I dismantled it and bolted all the new head and carbs n crap on.

Wdid? actually fitted the seat i fixed yesterday :) annoyingly the seatbelt clasp is dying it seems after 17 years existence, better order a new one before it just stops working and clamps people into the car!
bear in mind there are at least 2 different types of clasp joe :)

Spent all day trying to get car to start, only for my neighbour mechanic to come home and point out one wire was wrong. So now it's ALIVE.
But problem with petrol pissing out of carbs, regulator or float bowls issue.
Tomorrow I will have it running properly and try and set up carbs as best I can.

Actually excited ! Can't wait to have a blast, it's gunna be a bit noisy as there's no turbo on it and exhaust won't be connected, but still. Be first time off the drive since I dismantled it and bolted all the new head and carbs n crap on.
Awesome. :) you will have to go shows next year. so I can see it... Only seen one other modded k10 and that was flipping cool!

yeah im gonna have a look around i think, may even scour some scrappies and get a selection from similar aged cars (hopefully in better nick)
it used to be the drivers seatbelt clasp and is now passenger side but that shouldnt make a difference to it working

yeah im gonna have a look around i think, may even scour some scrappies and get a selection from similar aged cars (hopefully in better nick)
it used to be the drivers seatbelt clasp and is now passenger side but that shouldnt make a difference to it working
the metal fitting looks the similar on both types joe, but they dont lock

Rocker cover painted :D
IMAG0124_zps6c67494c.jpg

Just needs lacquering now. Also picked up headset, oil and filter etc and ordered headbolts. Fingers tightly crossed on headbolts cos everyone seems to be struggling to get them :mad:

When I went to my local motor factors, I gave them my reg, ordered them and when they arrived they were for k11, took them back and the man was convinced he was right, even when I had original bolts I with me!

When I went to my local motor factors, I gave them my reg, ordered them and when they arrived they were for k11, took them back and the man was convinced he was right, even when I had original bolts I with me!
Funnily enough I ended up with K11 bolts too :mad: Apparently FAI head bolts aren't available, found some on The Bay, gives specifications which are all correct, just hope they turn up alright.

I had this when I was getting new brake pads for the yaris, the bloke was adamant I needed pads for an abs model when I was telling him it never had abs, even took the old pads with me. 3 motor factors later and I finally had the pads I needed

I had this when I was getting new brake pads for the yaris, the bloke was adamant I needed pads for an abs model when I was telling him it never had abs, even took the old pads with me. 3 motor factors later and I finally had the pads I needed
I'm sure some people are convinced that the incorrect part will fit, just because THEY SAY its the right part!! :confused:

When i do searches for parts for my mums K12 (52 plate) the results are often for a K11 <_< ...if i put my reg in and look for tyres it tells me i have "15 wheels...when it came standard (Sport +) with the "16's but that's no biggie i guess <_<

Halfords are useless when you refuse to tell them your reg, cracks me up every time ^_^

"What's your registration madam..."
" you don't need that, It's a 2005, K12 micra 1.5 dci 82, 1461 cc's "16 alloys...HOF balh de blah de blah... "
"....urrrrrh....but what's the reg again?"

*facepalm*

ETA: MicrAde, your rocker cover looks beautiful ;)

Back