turbo build

Status
Not open for further replies.
No chance mate. Your options are cheap and limited to 120hp or ridiculously expensive. That said, get a quote from a machine shop for redrilling for GA16 clutch, as that will take about 140hp (good for roughly 12-13psi boost)
What will it cost for this set up do u think ? that's the 3 PC clutch plus drilling ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cost of a stock GA16 clutch is much same as stock CG clutch, the cost of machining will decide wether its in your budget or not

Cost of a stock GA16 clutch is much same as stock CG clutch, the cost of machining will decide wether its in your budget or not
So all I need is ga16 clutch and my 1.3 flywheel with me only ?

Yeah, you'd take the 1.3 flywheel and 1.6 clutch with you, show to machine shop and ask for quote...

It should fit no problem, and GA16 clutch even uses same release bearing as the CG clutch eh

right that's unique ? I never heard of that going in easy by only drilling

It's for the clutch cover plate which has a different bolt pattern, but the fw will need skimming aswell...

Right so it will need skimming on fly while I drill the cover on ?

Noooooo no no no. You don't redrill it, machine shop redrills it. If it's drilled even a fraction of a mm out it'll shake the clutch to pieces. It's not a DIY job inless you have a milling machine or a jig borer.

Noooooo no no no. You don't redrill it, machine shop redrills it. If it's drilled even a fraction of a mm out it'll shake the clutch to pieces. It's not a DIY job inless you have a milling machine or a jig borer.
No I didn't mean my self ? The machine shop will drill while they skim the flywheel ?

Oh, yeah they will skim it to give the correct friction face (and to flatten etc) and then redrill and dowel for the new clutch cover. One machine shop should be able to do the lot, but get a quote for the work ofc

Oh, yeah they will skim it to give the correct friction face (and to flatten etc) and then redrill and dowel for the new clutch cover. One machine shop should be able to do the lot, but get a quote for the work ofc
yes I can try asking Tommow and check prices

sorted got gti maf and gti fuel pump with all the wirings, my top feed rail fuel reg is standerd is that ok for my set up ?

I have tryed new Sparks, checked all the main fuses and changed a starter motor over, and my engine on the tick over turns the crank over and moves belt , but no start? what esle can it be?

I have tryed new Sparks, checked all the main fuses and changed a starter motor over, and my engine on the tick over turns the crank over and moves belt , but no start? what esle can it be?

Are the sparks sparking?

Fresh fuel in the car?

Any lights on the dashboard?

Sounds very similar to the issue @MicraPro and @Clodo are having...
We have dash lights... fuel, spark and air... ive given up with it.
I cleaned throttle body to see if that would help but nothing it just cranks and cranks and cranks...

We have dash lights... fuel, spark and air... ive given up with it.
I cleaned throttle body to see if that would help but nothing it just cranks and cranks and cranks...
Am having same problem with mines and it is same said tryed everything I can just cranks and turns but no starting really

Am having same problem with mines and it is same said tryed everything I can just cranks and turns but no starting really

Ive tried jumping it for more power and re gapping the plugs and cleaning the dizzy...
Fuel is being injected as normal... but it keeps flooding its self because it wont fire.
Were going to try a push start when were both off to see if that will get her going short of that I dont know.

Ive tried jumping it for more power and re gapping the plugs and cleaning the dizzy...
Fuel is being injected as normal... but it keeps flooding its self because it wont fire.
Were going to try a push start when were both off to see if that will get her going short of that I dont know.
I haved tryed bump Starting it but nothing, don't no wat it can be Ecu ?

Call mr mr obvious but..... have you checked all the fuses and fusible links, coz if you can crank the engine but have no dash lights thats likely the problem.

Call mr mr obvious but..... have you checked all the fuses and fusible links, coz if you can crank the engine but have no dash lights thats likely the problem.
No on the key tick the dash comes on with battery light and other lights working, no engine management light tho, so thinking the timing belt got loose ? Can it cause it that problem ?

No on the key tick the dash comes on with battery light and other lights working, no engine management light tho, so thinking the timing belt got loose ? Can it cause it that problem ?

Belt?

y5azezuq.jpg
pajeruqa.jpg
can u all guess

Looks like a gti maf... ill check the part number if u post it up. Have you checked all the fuses, sound like something on the ignition circuit aint working.

Looks like a gti maf... ill check the part number if u post it up. Have you checked all the fuses, sound like something on the ignition circuit aint working.
I have checked the number and it is a gti maf but chopped off the adaptor bit to make it round am guessing, thanks my flywheel came today, and am gona check by taking the sparks out on a dizzy and start it up see if any spark comes out of each one

resa3uqa.jpg
right so the maf is 3inch both sides I have got 3inch to 2 inch silicone, does the maf work like @stani set up or @pollyp after the throttle or on the turbo side ?

but then it will go 2.7inch Thottle silicon 90degree into 3inch maf then 2inch silicon for the rest of pipe work? Will it be ok still ?

yep
try keep bends gentle n smooth to reduce turbulence n drag especially near the maf

yep
try keep bends gentle n smooth to reduce turbulence n drag especially near the maf
vanu6a7a.jpg
uqu2yvut.jpg
6any7esu.jpg
pu9u9ave.jpg
I have placed the maf on the throttle to see how it will look and fit but guessing I will go with Polly's maf set up design and make it neat, @pollyp what is the size of your gtir maf inches ? And pipe work ? got brand new flywheel and it looks really nice on the engine, am selling the 1.3 engine what's in the car now really cheap

Is it just me or is there meant to be a centre piece to that flywheel?

dsc05414-jpg.27003

yea missing the middle bit. why on earth did nissan do that?
or could shorten the flywheel/crank bolts?
imo I'd prefer the more solid 1-piece 8kg fly which can be lightened

dsc05414-jpg.27003

I have a idea when I take my old engine out I can use the middle off that fly and use it in this ?

dsc05414-jpg.27003

I can use the bolts off my auto engine ? Meanings it's short

I have a idea when I take my old engine out I can use the middle off that fly and use it in this ?

is the old one a 3-piece too?
or if its a 1-piece, u mean cutting the mid piece out? seems alot of work

is the old one a 3-piece too?
or if its a 1-piece, u mean cutting the mid piece out? seems alot of work
there is the flywheel on my car now which can't see it, or my auto flywheel bolts can use as they shorter ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back