• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Tim's Super S

TimmyB

Club Member (Trial)
As I've said before in my intro post, I have been given a '95 Super S. The car is in a real state. Got some pics, and will get them up as soon as I can host them.

I've bought a new battery and she fired 1st time. :grinning: Now for the work to be done.

Both front seats are out, and I´ve only got four bolts.
Handbrake disconnected. (Done today and working great)
Rear indicators and reverse light not working.
Touch of rust on boot.
Boot stays missing.
Wipers not working in front and missing arms (Got arms today)
Battery clamps need replacing
Rear wiper and motor missing (May just get a grommit)
Front crossmember needs replacing.
And loads of little things that need connecting!!! :suspect:

I went to a scrappy today here in Germany and found a UK micra so was chuffed. Got a few bits off it but will be raiding it soon. LOL

Thats it as far as I can remember, but I will get her back to her former glory!

Tim
DSC00034.jpg

DSC00033.jpg

DSC00031.jpg

DSC00028.jpg

Sorted the battery clamps today (Got some from a place called Marktkauf (German Supermarket))
Rear right indicator wasn't working (Fixed now - Had to bend contact up)
Wipers in the front need a motor (It's missing - Scrappy)
Sorted fuse problem for the front headlights as well
Drivers window is needed (It shattered)

I think someone started stripping the car, and took out the speakers and head unit, and somehow disturbed the window when they had the door card.

Anyone got any ideas for a larger battery tray. The battery I got here is too wide!?!

I spoke to a place yesterday about the front cross member and they said it would cost me about 100 euros which ain't bad when you consider that i can get the tax back cause I'm in the army here in Germany so it'll only cost me 81 euros! :laugh:

Thats it for now
Tim

BTW this should really be in the k11 blog section

ooh hang on to those seats mate that trim is rare as fudge cake! its the same stuff as in Ciscos beast :D

ah wait i have just noticed you are in Germany, i think that makes this car an Sr, basically in some countries instead of getting the Sr model, they got a second addition super s (the super s badge at the back will have a red S on it) it has the air bag and that blue trim which gives it away

I know it should be in the blog section, just trying to get some money into my english bank account then will sort out membership and get it moved.

This Super S is actually an english version. We all here buy our cars in the UK cause we get them tax free (classed as export. I got my Zafira in Nov for £9500 brand spankers) I know the original owner of the Micra when he first got it, and it has had another owner since. I was keeping the trim cause I quite like it, which is the best reason LOL I was thinking of painting the center of the dash and a few other bits the same green as the car?

Tim

ooh hang on to those seats mate that trim is rare as fudge cake! its the same stuff as in Ciscos beast :D

are they? ive got that colour trim in mine :D ...i personally prefer it to the red/purple combo.

car dont look to bad, just little things really judging from your list.

I know it should be in the blog section, just trying to get some money into my english bank account then will sort out membership and get it moved.

I've moved the thread anyway but you have to sign up now :p

are they? ive got that colour trim in mine :D ...i personally prefer it to the red/purple combo.

car dont look to bad, just little things really judging from your list.

ooh you have that trim? i think i have some door cards in the red and purple, and MM has some seats he may be shifting ;)

when your video game console is broken, do you want to save money? Repairing it on your own is a great way to save lots of money not only on the cost of the replacement, but the cost of labor as well. It’s easy to repair it with the guideline, so you just need a screwdrive and a new replacement which you can get cheaply from GainGame.

i hope you enjoyed all the spam i sent you on your website

Things have been a bit hectic at work over the last week so not to much has been done on all fronts. Plus got a hockey tournement for my Sqn tomorrow!

I managed to get the drivers window from a scrappy and fit it just to stop any rain getting into the car. I also found that the plastic lugs on the regulator were damaged. I went back to the scrappy at lunch today only to find he had crushed the only car he had with electric windows :glance:

I got the boots stays and seat bolts I needed and other various screw that I will be needing to finish off most of the inside with.

Now just need to sort out my memebership quickly which will be done in the next 48 hrs!!!

Tim

Things been hectic this side. Wife had a our son yesterday, so first time in a lil while that I can relax a bit.

Sorted out a few things. New crossmember and panel arrived earlier this week so just going to take my time replacing it. An hour a day worth of work. I bought a wiper motor off ebay uk so that should be arriving soon. Once thats all done it's just finding the oil leak under the car and sorting it, hopefully it's not the main oil seal and just the sump. I have loads of gasket paper and cork as well to make a new one if it is!

So looking soon to get it through it's BFG test (same as MOT but stricter).

Will post more pics up soon

Tim

Thanks for the congrats!

Wiper motor arrived yesterday and it is working perfectly!! So that's one more thing done.

Took an hour earlier to go and strip down the front of the car. Found a big hole on the drivers side of the crossmember, and there is no metal at the back anymore.

DSC00063.jpg

DSC00064.jpg

But got my replacement already!!
DSC00065.jpg

One last thing, anyone know how I can change my main title to Tim's Super S??

Another quick update. Took my 3 and a half year old girl with me to camp today to do some more work. She's a real lil spanner monkey. Just had to ask and the correct tools were passed. lol

Managed to get everything stripped out that needed to be ie radiator, horn etc. just grinding left now because I didn't want to do it with her around. So hopefully will have my new front panel in the next day or so!!

What I did discover was a hole in the drivers footwell so going to clean it up and weld a plate over it. Hopefully no more surprises!!

Tim

That is some nasty rust you have there, I took the front bumper off my car and found a large rust spot but it's easily changed. That new front looks the business.

Another quick update. Managed to get the front panel and cross member off eventually. Some of the tack welded nuts broke loose thanks to the rust, so a bit of a struggle, some blood (literally) its off. Just to show the back of the crossmember and I'm sure it'll be understood why I needed to change it.
DSC00070.jpg

I know its a bit blurry. Thats the back btw.

And the new one fits a treat!! Just got to weld it in now and get some new radiator mounts for the bottom!!
DSC00069.jpg

More when i get the welding done and the rad back on.

Back