• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

The 1.3 Turbo Battle####

Mmm, maybe it's just my love of guns showing through. If I could move to America and mount a Dillon mini-gun on my my Micra, I probably would :D.

I just don't know guys. The issue with white its never clean and it sticks me in the same category which I am never going to compete with. Milk. Solarice. Stani. Beautiful cars! And owners. ;) And for those of you that know me I am the king of wing it with some things. Cable tie engineer :D I dont want something precious, I want something angry, hard wearing and not for the faint hearted. Plus do you know what... I want to get random people taking photos of the car and throwing it up on Facebook / instagram. I think I will always tread on someone's style ideas on this one because it's been done so much but hey ho... Given hood reapers popularity with his car I should copy him lol... Might even make a blog :D

Micra turbo... init

Stick with it you great lettuce, it's gonna be awesome :D.
Lol. U da man guy. Love ya dude.

I think my biggest urke with white cars they look best when perfect and clean... I like leaving grubby oily hand marks everywhere ... All over the body work... Like it's her life blood, I like rocking the worked look

Micra turbo... init

tebe3y5u.jpg

Yay royal mail presents... Thank you frank
Micra turbo... init

Going to get her nice and high tonight i think. Remove front hubs and wishbones(are they called that?) Rear axle and the fuel tank and exhaust.

Micra turbo... init

Anyone know when masking to paint... do you tape the masking materials off whilst wet? I also found rust hols going straight through the roof today :(

3eqage5e.jpg
asesu7av.jpg

Will be grinding down and painted. Will consider getting something made up to adjust camber.

Rear disk conversion and 100nx callipers with vented disks.

signature...please ignore anything I say...when using my phone it is either bad grammar or rubbish spelling.

Will be grinding down and painted. Will consider getting something made up to adjust camber.

Rear disk conversion and 100nx callipers with vented disks.

signature...please ignore anything I say...when using my phone it is either bad grammar or rubbish spelling.

Adjustable camber on the rear is pretty dam hard to achieve (without making lots of parts). Frank did achieve fixed negative camber by cutting and welding at the back of the hub.

Ed

Adjustable camber on the rear is pretty dam hard to achieve (without making lots of parts). Frank did achieve fixed negative camber by cutting and welding at the back of the hub.
Ed

Yes, but it can be done! I was a very clever plate system on the ray gimbert tuned 1.3 250 bhp monster. Clever but very simple when you think about it. Cut it and had two plates which pivoted at the top. Used bolts for creating the distance at the bottom end and another set to fix. Seen something like that? If it is silly work I will cut and weld.

Yes, but it can be done! I was a very clever plate system on the ray gimbert tuned 1.3 250 bhp monster. Clever but very simple when you think about it. Cut it and had two plates which pivoted at the top. Used bolts for creating the distance at the bottom end and another set to fix. Seen something like that? If it is silly work I will cut and weld.
I remember someone on here did a wedge shape bolted in the middle of the axle. (not sure if it passed an MOT though).
Do you have a link to the method above? would be interested to see it :)

I remember someone on here did a wedge shape bolted in the middle of the axle. (not sure if it passed an MOT though).

No, I dont, I am pissed off I didnt get a photo as my phone was broken at the time :(

No, I dont, I am
Yes I remember the wedge in the center of the axle. The bloke dropped a cg13de in a k10. Also Drifted.

This method had adjustment plates either end of the axle, after the suspension recesses and before the drum/disk. /|---------|\

machisan ?

anyway do the mod on the drum axle :)

Yes I remember the wedge in the center of the axle. The bloke dropped a cg13de in a k10. Also Drifted.

This method had adjustment plates either end of the axle, after the suspension recesses and before the drum/disk. /|---------|\ Sorry it was getting confusing.. Thats the view from the rear... awesome asci use there

Is it possible to do what some of the dub guys do and sit washers between the axle end and the hub(something like that anyway)? big job to adjust it but saves cutting and welding etc...

Is it possible to do what some of the dub guys do and sit washers between the axle end and the hub(something like that anyway)? big job to adjust it but saves cutting and welding etc...
nah, the hub shaft is welded into the axle, adding washers will just tilt the backplate (brake-rub, and zero camber change) :)

nah, the hub shaft is welded into the axle, adding washers will just tilt the backplate (brake-rub, and zero camber change) :)
What is it I have worked on where you can do that? was it a golf? actually it was something rear wheel drive and the hub was attached to a plate..

Right, so, the car is up on axle stands. The rear axle is on its way to be removed and I have only had one bolt stick to the bushing. I had to go eat dinner at my ladies rents house so had to stop. will get photos tonight and show you what is happening. The rust is quite bad, and the seems to have been some quite serious damage to her underside. the floor pan and the side under bars on the shell are crumpled. that will explain the odd chassis flex when cornering? The door is very eager to pop out when cornering right if i remember correctly. Otherwise, still eager to press on. going to buy some paint and rust converter soon. Braided brake hoses and what not need to be on the list.

every used car has a hidden past and now u found hers eh
dunni bother me lol, me and noddie were both shocked by the massive lump in the cab, he didnt even know it was there. the carpet hides it very well, I took up the carpet without knowing and boob. cracks and everything. Now she is up I can see how bad it is. I rekon sump lump hammer work will help :D

Back