• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

The 1.3 Turbo Battle####

Chris dude, you need to email the full size original of pic 3837 to guyrwood at hotmail dot com. It's going on my website :).

This one you doosh but I need the original :p:

chriss_motor.jpg

Bloody hell Chris, I wish I was as mental as you when it comes to mechanical work. They say the best way to learn is by doing, keep this up and you'll be a fully qualified mechanic by the new year :D
lol just read over this again... think you were near the dot... not qualified lol :D

So... I am stripping the car... Of EVERYTHING.. and I mean everything. I am derusting ,painting and protecting. Colour coding and sorting some stance. Bucket seats and harnesses. Even the wiring will be redone. A new fresh engine and nee radiator and intercooler sorted. She will be off the road for a long time. It needs to be done properly. So... Here we go people.
6emeja4a.jpg
a4u4e4a9.jpg
ne4ygu4y.jpg
ry7adera.jpg
5u5uneva.jpg
nuguda8y.jpg
a7u3a2yz.jpg

Micra turbo... init

init and outa'it
Yeah bruv
Good luck mate and have fun :)
Shall do! i am going to keep a proper blog up now.
Have fun! Give her what she always deserved! ;)
Ha ha yes indeed! she needs some love, the shell isnt going to know what hit it!
Are you doing any thing to the engine/turbo?
New engine and turbo rebuild. Possible polish and port.. My cousin may be able to get his old cossie bloke to stage 3 polish and port the head for me... see what happens. Needs map. I want to sit and chat with Ed and other as to getting it right. i want max boost to reasonable safety.

You wont know what max boost and reliable is though until you break something, hard to discuss imo lol my boost is going up and up until i find out my limit
Stani talks sense!
I know you are right, I want to out boost to 1/1.5 bar. Plus I have no doubt each engine has its own limit, I bet my build will only take a table spoon of boost lol. I am quite surprised actually.. my engine build is pushing 200 psi compression all over with .5bar and no mapping. I need an AFR as well, need to know whats happening out her bum. Need to sort the oil rings in the engine, I stretched and checked everything else. By talking to people, I want to find out where my bottlenecks are and what I am missing. e.g. do I need to move my MAF? Decompression plate? Metal headgasket... In the mean time whilst I am saving money to do it properly I want to pay attention to the shell. She is starting to rust all over :(
If you need a hand stripping, just shout
Would be cool man! Glad to have you help.

You wont know what max boost and reliable is though until you break something, hard to discuss imo lol my boost is going up and up until i find out my limit
To be honest I have no issue blowing up engines :D Those are fixable by myself. I am more wanting to get a figure which others have seen in bhp and try to get that mapped to that power. I do not want to be mapping it and dyno'd everytime and finding this and that needs to be put on it. All adds up eh?

Wasn't having a go fella, big respect for where you've come from and where you're at now in quite a short period of time :D
I know you weren't mate :) I do find it funny though I do seem to have a lot of trouble. Well really looking at it, I have had two major issues I think. Ringlands and I removed cams to tighten the head bolts again after the HG had settled, Got the timing wrong...bang :D And this oil issue all of a sudden :D Still need to check turbo actually. I think that is the cause with all honest! BUT investigation is required before a verdict can be made!! So yeah I have had a fun packed few months :D worth it though. Really upsets me that all the micra friends are up the country :(

Ah good man Frank :) How much you want for those panhard rod bushes? I need them for monday morning lol how much for send it like the wind service?

Hmmm not bad on price. cant imagine there being much diff in price!
postage innit :) 1st class ?

Thats because when we were at JAE all drunk we ordered him to buy tools and take the car apart. Micras are by far the easiest car ive ever had to do anything on (lego cars)
NO STANI! what you said if I recall..."Just whack the turbo up and blow the thing up!" hehe Glen was along the same lines :D Without JAE I do not think I would have gotten this far though.. still desperate to play with the big boys (Frank, stani, solarice, andy)

Remeber those wheels and tyres I bought off you! they finally had to be sent to heaven, on has survived :D still got the little steel wheels though :D

Ha! What happened! What did they ever do to you!

Well I'm hoping to sell the G# in one peice, once it's gone I think I'll be on your shoes, probably not as intense though.

Don't trust that red one on Gumtree, well not for that price.

How well does the car run without mapping? Or how long as the case may be :/

Ha! What happened! What did they ever do to you!

Well I'm hoping to sell the G# in one peice, once it's gone I think I'll be on your shoes, probably not as intense though.

Don't trust that red one on Gumtree, well not for that price.

How well does the car run without mapping? Or how long as the case may be :/
Ha ha they were bare on the front and the one back had alot of sidewall wear... they were made in 06 so i think they have done well!

Get the price down and I would mate!

Well fine tbh, its retarded to hell and it was sticking up 2litres arses so cannot be that bad. mapping would just make the car silly :D

Ha ha they were bare on the front and the one back had alot of sidewall wear... they were made in 06 so i think they have done well!

Get the price down and I would mate!

Well fine tbh, its retarded to hell and it was sticking up 2litres arses so cannot be that bad. mapping would just make the car silly :D

Not bad!

Ive been hovering over it for months. It keeps popping up but it's unfinished so probably not drivable. Plus no MOT/tax and I don't have a flatbed, damn this economy :p

I'd much rather buy a kit as I don't have space for a car, hence selling the G#

Would you consider it somewhat reliable without mapping, retard and low boost?

yeah no issue, I just rag the hell out of it... so its my own fault... but really its not really had issues. The rebuild was success and compression is fine, I just didnt think to stretch some rings. and the other issue was my own stupidity. The car burns oil at the moment, but still drives like a mad man! So no issues really... if anything, i would not suggest it just because of the fuel consumption... the motor is over fueling really to compensate for the lack of map. Will get better MPG when mapped and avoid detonation.
Not bad!

Ive been hovering over it for months. It keeps popping up but it's unfinished so probably not drivable. Plus no MOT/tax and I don't have a flatbed, damn this economy :p

I'd much rather buy a kit as I don't have space for a car, hence selling the G#

Would you consider it somewhat reliable without mapping, retard and low boost?

yeah no issue, I just rag the hell out of it... so its my own fault... but really its not really had issues. The rebuild was success and compression is fine, I just didnt think to stretch some rings. and the other issue was my own stupidity. The car burns oil at the moment, but still drives like a mad man! So no issues really... if anything, i would not suggest it just because of the fuel consumption... the motor is over fueling really to compensate for the lack of map. Will get better MPG when mapped and avoid detonation.

Yeh mapping is definitely on the list just not straight away as I'd still be putting stuff together. Gotta start by looking at fabricating a manifold.

Is yours anything like this?
72737.jpg

That's just perfect for what I'm looking for. Any ideas where to get it?

Yeh mapping is definitely on the list just not straight away as I'd still be putting stuff together. Gotta start by looking at fabricating a manifold.

Is yours anything like this?
72737.jpg

That's just perfect for what I'm looking for. Any ideas where to get it?
Thats a low slung setup, mine is in your face! :D

Back