• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

The 1.3 Turbo Battle####

well she has been put aside a little bit as I have just moved. Looking at getting a decompression plate come the 15th. Will be servicing the brakes as the pots are not supressing fully.. no doubt some rust is in there. Also getting an AFR. I have had to correct the the timing as she was running a little retarded. Cut the rear springs and installed full coilovers on the rear, so she sits nice and tight on her arse. Need to bring her front up to match the rear. Any suggestions on making the rear super tight? remove the helper spring?

Going to build a car port, then I will paint the roof. Lots of de rusting to do and the enine bay is now getting half decent. Will be replacing the front panel as I have one here. Then I can put and put the bar in. Need to relocate the bottom radiator mounts So the intercooler can get all snug, Paint the bumpers. Paint the wheels, that will no doubt happen this weekend. Possible some baby blue colour..not sure yet.

Was doing some thinking, I bet that the car is running rich all the time. The fuel pressure is running at 40 psi / 3 bar, so with the stock injectors she is no doubt running rich on a normal injection map.

Also, need get it down to fusion to get mapped, that really should come first. Well after the decompression plate.

Hows your new project?

oh, you will be happy to hear. I was tempted with boost for a few days. Went to London, met a man at the traffic lights with a corvette... and managed to beat him to 60...before the traffic camera made me stop.

Soon! Got a camera now yay! not my phone anymore. So The Micra was nearly sold...Situation has changed. Will post pictures tonight and a brief of whats to go in the car!

Anyone know how loud a straight pipe from the the turbo to the end would be? That would be some mean ass grunt. Too loud?

no cats..no back box.. turbo to exit.
It'll be very loud and probably sound a bit farty.

I'd have 1 silencer at least like this one
J10102_0.jpg

I ran it for a week with no silencers - Its horrible! Its not good at all.

You look like a **** and sounds like tank!

hhmmmm okay well I am not sure then. I had the exhaust off when putting in some gaskets to the turbo, sounded kinda dirty and awesome... I dunno high revs may be terrible! See what happens.
It'll be very loud and probably sound a bit farty.

I'd have 1 silencer at least like this one
J10102_0.jpg
what does this give ya?

hhmmmm okay well I am not sure then. I had the exhaust off when putting in some gaskets to the turbo, sounded kinda dirty and awesome... I dunno high revs may be terrible! See what happens.
what does this give ya?
Just a plain ol' silencer. I still have a cherrybomb centre silencer lying around.

Ohh i see!

On another note, I would love to upload pics of the new goodies..but my camera and laptop has been left up north! :( sad times

Karl see stani's comment and I thought them a few months back..funnily enough the day my phone got stolen. My replacement phone came today and synced my old photos so I thought I best upload lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

No you nob lol. Stickers are something I steer clear of to be honest. Its taken me ages to consider the idea. See what happens. Will be spending ages considering placement.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Forget decompression plate, it just needs mapping correctly.

So... I did the timing wrong...well you know a bad mechanic blames his tools... I had to tools besides me, george and scott.. two k10 msc members distracting me and well what happened was not good lol. The valves planted into the pistons. Well I bought two heads from Bellys scrap connections and sorted a complete jobbie. Well at least i now have valve spares and what not! yay. Nearly there to rebuilding her. I am learning as per usual doing all of this. Had one pain in the arse of snapped studs in the heads I just bought. I think I may get away with it. Wish I could of put more effort in to the engine rebuild, no space to work. Miss my old shed.

Dude the chain tensioner. so you push it in and twist yeah.. then place in... does the chain sit on the tensioner of center of the orange slip plate. Frank you about to see this?

Dude the chain tensioner. so you push it in and twist yeah.. then place in... does the chain sit on the tensioner of center of the orange slip plate. Frank you about to see this?
yes twist and lock chris, and the skidmarks on the tensioner are rarely straight, and dont forget to push the tensioner fully in to release the ratchet :)

So twist and lock. The skid marks were off centre e/g {-------|---|---} issue? it seems if the tensioner would be better flipped 180...leaving a some space away from the guard and more towards the body of the engine. Really just push it in??? with the chain in place yeah? so it dont come out too far? Frank what do those valves and pistons tell you? Lean?

So... I did the timing wrong...well you know a bad mechanic blames his tools... I had to tools besides me, george and scott.. two k10 msc members distracting me and well what happened was not good lol. The valves planted into the pistons. Well I bought two heads from Bellys scrap connections and sorted a complete jobbie. Well at least i now have valve spares and what not! yay. Nearly there to rebuilding her. I am learning as per usual doing all of this. Had one pain in the arse of snapped studs in the heads I just bought. I think I may get away with it. Wish I could of put more effort in to the engine rebuild, no space to work. Miss my old shed.

thats why you turn it by hand a few times just in case!!

Really just push it in??? with the chain in place yeah? so it dont come out too far? Frank what do those valves and pistons tell you? Lean?
yes push it right back once fitted mate, and that will release the spring, and the valves and pistons look a normal colour :)

Back