• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

The 1.3 Turbo Battle####

scaledh.jpg
ta paul :) my head was throwing a wobbly figuring it out.. was tired.

I would have had to sell at least 2 of my kidneys to afford the postage but I kinda need them :eek: :D.

standard rear discs.

i was swapping the ABS axle/hubs and whole loom and everything so according to the abs systems, the sensors are still there.
if you mean mechanically, the ABS & non-ABS axles the exact same except for the attached sensors.

if u unplug any abs sensors and/or cut the fuse and/or fit a non-abs axle/hub, the abs unit will detect missing parameter and put the light on.

on road I keep the abs on to maintain steering control just incase

on track, the abs is wayy too intrusive n premature, weakens the braking force and unsettling the car. so I pull the fuse to disable and remove the bulb to regain full stable braking power of the pulsar brakes

standard rear discs.

i was swapping the ABS axle/hubs and whole loom and everything so according to the abs systems, the sensors are still there.
if you mean mechanically, the ABS & non-ABS axles the exact same except for the attached sensors.

if u unplug any abs sensors and/or cut the fuse and/or fit a non-abs axle/hub, the abs unit will detect missing parameter and put the light on.

on road I keep the abs on to maintain steering control just incase

on track, the abs is wayy too intrusive n premature, weakens the braking force and unsettling the car. so I pull the fuse to disable and remove the bulb to regain full stable braking power of the pulsar brakes
ah okay well I did not have abs to start off with. I was wondering if you can remove the sensor, or just cut the wires :D

those abs hall sensors are usually fused to the steel axle so I'd just cut the wire if ur not using
Why thank you!

what do we think for the underside of the motor and other parts when painting.

There is rust, not crazy amounts, but enough for me to want to sort it. wire down, red oxide and paint? rust converter?

Why thank you!

what do we think for the underside of the motor and other parts when painting.

There is rust, not crazy amounts, but enough for me to want to sort it. wire down, red oxide and paint? rust converter?

while she's already apart and u can be bothered, treating it now will slow down the corrosion so it lasts abit longer and looks nicer and alot easier to service later so it saves some hassle in near future but knowing our british roads, the winter salt n rain n mud will inevitably resume the rust in no time.

while she's already apart and u can be bothered, treating it now will slow down the corrosion so it lasts abit longer and looks nicer and alot easier to service later so it saves some hassle in near future but knowing our british roads, the winter salt n rain n mud will inevitably resume the rust in no time.
Yeah the idea was to strip it so she can be restored to my best ability.

What products or methods have people used, do you rate the way you did things? Are there any things you would have done better next time?

Tools for long term lending. Casually Sofia's dad was chatting about his air compressor the size of the micra in sweden...after I said I needed one. Made feel jealous. So I just assumed when he had a baby one I thought he was talking air brush size ....ermmm went there today... And look what he has... Bloody more than enough...

signature...please ignore anything I say...when using my phone it is either bad grammar or rubbish spelling.

I bet! My cat takes off at warp speed when I put vacuum cleaner on!
This hilarious init. We had two cats who loved being hooverd... Saved brushing them

signature...please ignore anything I say...when using my phone it is either bad grammar or rubbish spelling.

Nice stuff mate. :)

What things can you use this air compressor?
right so here's a list.. Media blast...ever metal part off the micra... I am being quiet serious. The whole shell as well and will power a windy gun for rust removal. If media blasting is not very effecting because of the compressor not being man enough then wire brush it is. I will use it to spray all the parts which have come off the micra...the shell will be bare, as an example. Lower arms, axle, rods...everything.

Really looking forward to saving money by not paying to have it done by someone else. The wheels especially. Rust removal will be a bit easier and I can now paint the stuff as well. Will be great... One hopes. Like I said it may not be man enough. Also its has a wax oil gun... Undersealing will be a walk in the park.

Thanks :) I was going to do with my handworks, paint brushes, heatgun and drill machine. still I need more machines to get soon.
Takes time but you can get there.

Cleaned a stuffed head to see how it goes.the wire brush method

7y4ymahu.jpg
the cat contemplating the plans of the turbo project.
a9aqedyp.jpg

My coil over s repaired and returned. Matt Humphries and spax had no idea why they destroyed the seals and shaft metal guide.

BTW bucket seats make awesome house hold furniture

my little white turning quick into my big white ! setting standards :)

pretty looking grinder siting their,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

my little white turning quick into my big white ! setting standards :)

pretty looking grinder siting their,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

she still has nothing on the other turbos on here to be fair. Thank you though.

Good ole black and decker dude, good bit of kit.

Ohhhh Lola well I could do it. Just the lack of tools and air pressure from the compressor

All part of the fun dude

9a9amu9e.jpg

Crane ftw. Should make life easier.

Back