• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

squarepants micra blog

lol.
wheels look good. not sure on what day i can pop over at weekend yet, still doing the gt4. taking those trd springs off. still got the rears to do! the fronts were a total nightmare with the super struts and all!!!

See you say help I'll drink tea and smoke fags while you do the work lol honestly I will make an effort dan text me and let me know mate.

who needs tights? ;) (show perpouse's only)
P1010232.jpg

take a pic from a different angle and also one with the lights on. be interesting to see how bright they are, or will it show up the poor tinting job lol.

i can see the though proccesses building up on this, and its going the same way as the silver one if your not carefull..

just stop spending money on it and save up for driving lessons dan. or your gonna end up with another ruined car that you struggle to sell and still not able to drive anything.

this car is in perfect condition, if you dont want it and continue to "ruin" it, swap it for mine and you can do anything you like to mine.....

lol

take a pic from a different angle and also one with the lights on. be interesting to see how bright they are, or will it show up the poor tinting job lol.

they show through...alreday doen it with main beem, side lights and indicators...

ant, i got give the light protectors and have had the tint spray sat in my shed a while. so i havent spent any money onit....and at what point am i ruining it? i have hardly done anything to it.

Dan have you been driving that as it looks like theres some road dirt on the front bumper or has it just happened to splash there? lol Sorry i didnt come up today but didnt get a text and was so tired after doing nights!

the dirt on the bumper was my brother fault lol, there was a puddle in front of my car and he kicked the water up my car as he thought it was funny...plus most of the dirt is from it beeing stood, when the rain hits the floor it splashs back up the car. also i do move the car on the drive :)

lol im loveing thoes light protectors,neva seen anything like it !

and you also painting bonnet badge black ?

bonnet badge was black, but didnt like it so put standard one back on. the light protectors should be legal in the day (indicators flash through them so do side lights) wouldnt trust them at night though!

TBH i rather spend money on it now rather than later when iam always driving about i wont be able to afford doing anything to as iam i will be buying petrol! also i would be stupid to miss out on bargins!

meh, i do plan to leave it, but if i come across any bargins or things that dont cost much i will. i reckon its best to do stuff now whilst i have money and its semi off the road (it has MOT and tax) iam glad the wheels are done whilst its off the road as i wouldnt have been able to do them if it was on the road proper... iam not gonna let out what iam doing, you will have to wait and see when i come to a meet/show ;) one thing i want to do it change the silver mesh in the grill to black, and i need to fit my new spring as my old one has snapped but thats all iam saying :)

heres a pic of the light protectors...shows how much light comes through...you cann still see the lights when in the car day & night ;) altough aint gonna be used at night anyway lol.

P1010235.jpg

painted my mesh black...ideally wanted plastic mesh so it dosent chip, but i aint found any cheap so this will do lol.
P1010255.jpg

and thats it...it staying as it is now :)

there still on the silver micra...erm still not sure what iam doing with them, cba to remove them atm lol, got other things to do :p

Looks better dan but I'm sorry and sure I'm not the only one on here that doesn't believe that this is it and it will stay as is lol sorry mate.;)

its staying as is for now unless i get some free stuff..it needs some new brake pads, and 2 front tyres and drums want adjusting as hand brake isnt very good as it was, as i was messing about ripping it up on the drive lol as you do :D screw the brakes, ripp handbrake up insted lol that will stop me.

need to havve a closer look at my front driving light as it keeps going off...hit it and it goes back on agian :S might just be a loose connection so will take a look at that.

and need tracking done at some stage as it pulls to the right.

but ogher than that its sound!

fitted my anti roll bar back on aswell. gave it a coat of black paint and laquer.

need to havve a closer look at my front driving light as it keeps going off...hit it and it goes back on agian :S might just be a loose connection so will take a look at that.

if it's the n/s one, then it just needs the terminal squeezing a bit, i think it was melted before i got them.

looking good though. glad you did the mesh as i couldn't be bothered to do it when i had it. just kept putting it off.

are you certain it needs new pads? although they could do with some uprated ones.

i told you on msn just to spray the mesh i told you it would look good now you just need to open mouth the bumper now but i didnt realise you had the fog lights on

if it's the n/s one, then it just needs the terminal squeezing a bit, i think it was melted before i got them.

looking good though. glad you did the mesh as i couldn't be bothered to do it when i had it. just kept putting it off.

are you certain it needs new pads? although they could do with some uprated ones.

yes, i have had them out when i re-painted the calipers last night ;) there down to the metal, look like they havent been like that for long though. theres still slight dashs of compound in certain places, but 99% is metal lol. no biggy though as i knew they needed doing :)

heres a pic of my calipers... stripped them down as much as i could. painted with hammerite and rebuilt them.
P1010258.jpg

choose silver because it makes them look new. could have done black but thats boring.

well I havent been here in a while! BUT! now I am, I have a suggestion.. Why not!!!!

Cut some holes in your headlight protectors and make them into Ford Morrette style masks, then colourcode them to your car. I reckon it'd look the dogs ;)

That could actually look pretty cool..

I remember seeing a micra with light brows on the bottom of the lights, made to look a bit like beemer headlights and really liked it.

I'd do it myself but I havent got a micra anymore :( Tryna find one for the gf tho.. So I may be spending more time on here in months to come :p Lets vote for Squarepants to do it!!!

it wouldnt work though as i would hide the side lights, and i dont fancie cutting holes in plastic as it might crack lol.

barton you can buy them off me if you want ;)

Back