some more mods to my micra.

CMF_squarepants

» CMF Member
harness
P1010290.jpg

re-located swoosh tacho
P1010311.jpg

k11 2000+ centre console (silver std insted of black)
P1010312.jpg

the shocker :p
P1010314.jpg

and painted my wheels from athersite to white! also put my unknown :s lightweight wheel nuts on there.
P1010321.jpg

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
love the white wheels and the seats how did you put them in was it difficult do you sit much higher..... Not a fan of the big monsta tacho i think they are the ghey sex. But that is your car and looks sweet so keep it up

CMF_squarepants

» CMF Member
lol i thought the same about the tacho :p but its grown on me now...

the seat lines up with the standard seat subframe front bolts...but the rear bolts are out (welded abit of metal onto mine) otherwise its just bolted with 2 front bolts insted of 4! and is a abit dangeroues... also i think it depends on what seat you use. oh i sit near the same height as the std seat. the cobra is really comfy and you dont slide about like the std seat lol

CMF_squarepants

» CMF Member
right...my interior is full of crap, so ive strated stripping it out fornt seats are out, and most of the plastic trim....when i get time iam gonna finish the job! hopefully this week if iam not busy, hope iam not :(

CMF_squarepants

» CMF Member
full interior strip... need pics tho, my cam is dead so will try and get some this week. also got my whiteline strut brace to be sent to me, then its bye bye electric windows! in come some lower spec winder units! and prefacelift door cards (as there way lighter!) then plastic windows :p

CMF_squarepants

» CMF Member
just the motor (well the sizzor thing lol)and obv the door cards there just a straight swap...

decided to keep my electric windows now, when there wouldnt be a noticeable diffrance. my plan is to blank off the pass door card and have both door cards in thin metal or carbon sheet, keep my drivers arm rest inc switchs, and get a lower spec arm rest with out window switchs.

also, will be getting some perspex windows....got told yesterday by a friend he knows someone who will replecate my windows onto plastic... near £10 a window. if not less! as he charged my friend £10 for a big sheet to fix his next door neighbours green house!

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
squarepants WROTE:

"sound deadning is heavy, its i nightmare to get out, i dont know if i can be arsed.whats the best way to take it out? <BR><BR>also any pics of your club car?

yeh it is a pain in the arse to take out.. on the flat surface of the floor, where there is no ribs in the floor the easiest way is a hammer and wide chisel, try not to dig into the floor though. on the lumpy parts of the floor it is easier to use a heat gun to soften up the tar then scrape it off with the chisel.
i have not got aany pics of the club car, but i have of our rally car will try and post some up for you.

Attachments

• 34035.jpg
    34035.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 29

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
BEST WAY TO GET IT OUT IS TO USE DRY ICE TO FREEZE IT SO IT IS REAL HARD THEN I USED A AIR CHISIL AND SCRAPPED IT OUT LIKE THAT. hAD IT DONE IN MY COROLLA IN BOUT A HOUR. WEIGHED BOUT 8KG ALL UP.

Sorry for caps.

CMF_squarepants

» CMF Member
P1010337.jpg

my carbon mirrors :)

also took my dash board out, removed my heaters....

was gonna keep them out but just took the black carpet stuff out from behined the dash(its heavy stuff! saying its carpet), then i put the heaters back then the dash board.

CMF_squarepants

» CMF Member
put my heatrs back in now lol.... has window winders insted of electric motors now aswell! you might think iam mad! but i preffer them :S plus i thought they would weight less than electric ones but theres not even a notice weight diffrance when you hold them in your hand! so was abit annoyed the fact i spent £15 on them to be no diffrent!

also re-locted my battery to the boot this afternoon, gonna put my kill switch in when i get time aswell (put it up front, below the dash i think?) :)

as for losing weight, been to the scrapyard and got fixed rear 1/4 rubber seals (i have pop outs) so gonna get some perspex rear 1/4 and front side windows made up!.....

reason i wanted them fixed is because i dont think pop outs would be strong engough to be made out of perspex they might bow with the wind etc?

tbh i think ive done everything i can to lose weight without making it a track car! trying to keep it good for everyday useage! .....

altough its off the road at the mo, until a couple of months :)

will get pics up of stuff when i get time.

smidge

» CMF Member
i reckon you could sell the power window setup pretty easy to get some of that coin back

have you done a kill switch before? pretty easy stuff

CMF_squarepants

» CMF Member
yerah should sell the electric motors easy, but might keep them just in case lol.

the windows will be the same thickness as std, getting my std ones copied.

carbon bonnet i would love, but there £500 to buy from japan, and an extra £500 shipped to the uk....kristian on the micrasportsclub can get some crabon bonnets made up, when i have the money!

ive also thought about fixed subframes and carbon seats, hopefully when the money comes rolling in a can buy a carbon seat, on a fixed ae86 subframe, (for those who dont know 86 subframes are the same as micra ones bar one bolt hole that you have to drill)

pics:
P1010346.jpg

P1010347.jpg

winders on electric fit door cards (got the idea from the black k11 from the japan meet cisco went to :p)
P1010348.jpg

hard as nails stance:
P1010349.jpg

P1010351.jpg

sportsclassic WROTE:

"turbo march-rolling shell WROTE:<BR><BR>DIV&gt;<BR><BR>and safer! it looks pretty 2nd hand.. wouldn't wana be wiping acid of my face if it exploded for whateva reason :("</DIV><BR><BR>yeh true. i thought if it was a non sealed battery it has to be in a battery box?

yeh, then it has to have a vent to the outside somehow, r33 skylines run a battery in the boot with a small hose coming of them that exit above the fuel tank to the atmosphere underneath the car, so i spose you could do a similar setup to that, or just get a sealed battery :D!

CMF_squarepants

» CMF Member
i have a battery box beeing made up by a friend, it sits over the battery and tray, with some L brackets/legs that bolt to the floor.... i wouldnt mind a sealed half size battery but there expensive! when i get the cash iam considering buying one, but this will do for now!

oh and the car has good suspension :p 30mm springs, and kyb dampers....altough coilovers are wanted lol

re-located air filter....
P1010352.jpg

P1010353.jpg

just put foil around where it sits to keep the hot air out near that area. not the best job i know but o well :s

CMF_SSUK

» CMF Member
Make sure the battery is very very well bolted down. If you have the unfortunate experience of a crash, that battery will do a lot of damage if it breaks loose.

CMF_squarepants

» CMF Member
lol it aint been boltted down properly yet :s the battery tray is held in with one bolt..., it rocks about as its only half one the flat floor and the rest is on a slight dip that goes into the spare wheel well! so the battery tray tilts and moves! need to do some drilling....plus my box will help keep the lot in place in the event of a crash.

CMF_squarepants

» CMF Member
well screw the k&n lol ive just got a genuine HKS filter! came from an import mr2! got it for £15 inc the piping! just needs a replace-ment sponge!

P1010359.jpg

P1010356.jpg

dont know what this means? looks like a tourque graph or somthing lol? could mean hks tourqe filter? or hks power filter?? :s
P1010360.jpg

oh and my K10 super s steering wheel! (tommos old one)
P1010362.jpg

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
hay... just to improve it again.. put an oil catch can on the the oil vapour line from the head to the cleaner(oil vapour kills octane levels)...... and a bit of a heat shield to divert the radiator exit air away from the intake. Its looking good!

CMF_squarepants

» CMF Member
hmmm, oil catch can never really thought about that pal! hmmm think i will pop in to my local motor factors and get one and just stick it between in the pipe line!

plus good spotting! i would never of thought to wrap the rad pipe up! lol only just noticed that its sat in-front of my filter! cheers for the help ;)

CMF_squarepants

» CMF Member
yep iam sure its lowered lol! it used to sit high on the rear with all the interior in never mind with it stripped! to me they only seem like 30mm springs but meh! iam only bothered about the stiffness of them not the looks! fuction over form!

i love the intake! way better than sat on top of the throttle body!

yep i love the foil lol....bettween you and me it hides a BIG paint fook up :s lol shhhhhhh

CMF_squarepants

» CMF Member
P1010375.jpg

my new wheel, painted matt black.... the k10 super s one was too big like driving a bus! so banished that one to the shed....iam tempted with power steering now tho lol

CMF_squarepants

» CMF Member
mega loud! used to set car alarms off! tbh was stpuid on a NA car...well stupid on a micra aswell! was good for the attension tho, just made it a laugh to drive daily! lol

say that my mate had a 4branch manifold back straight through exhaust 2" with no boxes on his micra! and that was fecking loud!!!!

CMF_squarepants

» CMF Member
cheers pal! i do love the way it looks. tbh bodywork wise iam happy with it, dont want to go ott.....i have some honda civic EG std sideskirts that have been modified to fit the micra but iam not sure if to fit them!

heres a pic of them on tommos old micra:
100_0429-1.jpg

100_0431.jpg

i have just got some smoked indicators....and have some fixed rear 1/4 window glasses so i can get them made into perspex! plus need to get my ass over to nissan and order some march convertiable baseplates! oh and ive asked a graphic maker to make me up a march cup sunstrip! but he hasnt got back to me yet! after that...iam thinking some super march LED rear lights and iam happy with the looks of my micra :)

CMF_micratech

» CMF Member
Didnt try to offend you in any way mate..
Sorry if you got that idea.. :S
I meant that tha inside of the car is a realy unsafe environment for road use when there is almost no interior left in it..
And as others have pointed out the battery etc.

Cheers
Are

Back