• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

squarepants micra blog

look what tunned uptoday in the post :D
P1010211.jpg

near on brand new eibach springs!

fitted the rears, just need an a decent impact gun todo the fronts. as i borrowed a carppy one and it wouldnt undo the top nuts....

heres a pictures of my old kyb 35mm rear springs..and the new eibach's
P1010215.jpg

look what tunned uptoday in the post :D
P1010211.jpg

near on brand new eibach springs!

fitted the rears, just need an a decent impact gun todo the fronts. as i borrowed a carppy one and it wouldnt undo the top nuts....

heres a pictures of my old kyb 35mm rear springs..and the new eibach's
P1010215.jpg

Argh lol you beat me :( mine didnt come today
bloody gutted :(

they are actually grey lol, witch i would preffer them in black plastic. they go with the rear wiper arm though lol. i dont they look out of place on the car. IMO look better in person than in pictures.

had wiper for ages....theres a 2001 1.0 in chesterfield scrappys, still had rear wiper and door pockets still on ;) i thought of you when i saw em lol....i knew you wanted some :D

lol..went back tody to get an exhaust for my mums...coulkdnnt get one off :( got the wipers (brand new bosch ones!!) and silver heater vents :D...wanted the boot handle and wiper for my mum aswell.

P1010250.jpg

standard silver plastic heater vents :D nice suitiable diffrance withit beeing over the top and goes with my standard silver centre console!

also brought some brand new brake pads for my car..

yearh its still there! had them lift it up with the crane to get the exhaust off. so roof is now bent lol. i would be quick if your going to get the bits! as its hardy got anything onit now :S lol

Was there no exausht I could have sworn that GX still had one on mate sorry

the GX had one on so did the 2001 micra (doesnt have a second cat ;) they where both on the floor though so had to get him to lift it up with a carne lol. then tried to undo it but the bolts where all rusted and was impossiable!

then a garage quoted £115 for a new centre section and back box!

what a ripp off. so brought a centre section for £30 brand new, and rememberd i have a back box at my uncles work. just need a cat lol.

black calipers:
P1010255-1.jpg

P1010254.jpg

lol..went back tody to get an exhaust for my mums...coulkdnnt get one off :( got the wipers (brand new bosch ones!!) and silver heater vents :D...wanted the boot handle and wiper for my mum aswell.

P1010250.jpg

standard silver plastic heater vents :D nice suitiable diffrance withit beeing over the top and goes with my standard silver centre console!

also brought some brand new brake pads for my car..

I've got silve vents as well, well at the moment anyway, I'm want to paint mine white to go with the whole blue and white theme going on. Your car is looking great by the way, I reckon your brake calipers would look better in a light green which will a) go with the car, b) make the alloys really stand out.

I've got silve vents as well, well at the moment anyway, I'm want to paint mine white to go with the whole blue and white theme going on. Your car is looking great by the way, I reckon your brake calipers would look better in a light green which will a) go with the car, b) make the alloys really stand out.

the calipers used to be green :D but where all rusty and i only had silver and black paint to hand :p

any mr2's in there dan???

nope..went to both scrappys in chesterfield and nither had any in. atleast i dont think it did :S i only looked at the nissans (all next to each other) so didnt really have a big look around.

update on the silver micra...

de-stickered nismo graphics
removed tinted windows
removed side skirts
smoked side repetars indicators
new standard exhaust from the cat back
k&n 57i
whiteline strut brace

P1010261-1.jpg

P1010263.jpg

next on the list todo:
new set of standard rear lights
drivers side cv joint
passanger side cv boot
snapped wheel nut removing
black grill mesh
and a much needed service! (only ever had an oil change 2years ago lol)

squarepants i know you know loads about micras did any of the models come with black heater grills as i am going black and white theme gettin rid of the orange for white and white center console with black heater grills

squarepants i know you know loads about micras did any of the models come with black heater grills as i am going black and white theme gettin rid of the orange for white and white center console with black heater grills

you mean centre heater grills or side heater grills?

the 98 k11;s had black side heater grills. but non of them came with black centre heater grills. you could alwayss paint them?

well i might have to get my self some black grills for the side and then paint the center ones but will the paint not come off as they get hot mate

one of the side skirts got ripped off when the car fell off one of the ramps :S and i couldnt be arsed to stick it back on so i just removed them.

i like it as it stands. nice and suitiable FTW :D

wants standard black plastic door handles back on though lol.

my standard back box with a 3" trim welded on...polished the stianless up aswell lol. just needs abit of paint to cover the welds. gonna fit it tomorrow...
P1010278-1.jpg

P1010280-1.jpg

fitted, need a cable tie to position it better. (needs going to the left slightley) but other than that its fine. used stianless nuts and bolts aswell (all i had to hand, lost the old ones) there to small, but i honestly dobut they will snap. altough iam expeting them to knowing my luck lol. plus the non jap ghey 13mm's lol.
P1010283.jpg

P1010281-1.jpg

put a cable tie on now, its fits in the bumper hole spot on :)

Looks good mate sorry I had to shoot off the other day totally forgot I had a hospital appointment lol and the lights are sort of growing on me (even though they still look pink) ;)

Looks good mate sorry I had to shoot off the other day totally forgot I had a hospital appointment lol and the lights are sort of growing on me (even though they still look pink) ;)

no worries mate. who cares if there pink they look cool...

when you coming around agian?

im jelous of your colour mate, and your bodyworks so clean compared to mine haha! Smart looking car though mate! looks smart with the tints (Y)

im jelous of your colour mate, and your bodyworks so clean compared to mine haha! Smart looking car though mate! looks smart with the tints (Y)

it aint as clean as people think got a few scuffs the worst one beeing on the front bumper :S. and a few more imperfections that annoy me. iam not entirely happy with it over my black one....but i still love :D

it aint as clean as people think got a few scuffs the worst one beeing on the front bumper :S. and a few more imperfections that annoy me. iam not entirely happy with it over my black one....but i still love :D

Gotta be better than the left hand side sill being bashed in all over the place by some old woman that cant drive :p

lol yearh it is better than that :D just been thinking if an almera cntre console will fit ;) then fit a mondeo arm rest (they fit onto the almera arm rests) hmmm...

looking good mate glad you havnt gone over top with it

but there is still time lol

iam not into over the top. suitiable is the key... exterior wise its done. wouldnt mind some new alloys in the future but atm iam not bothered lol.

What you doing with the skirts you took of your mums ;) eh eh ha and where has your front splitter gone ?

not sure atm...i dont know whats going off with them. i have a renualt megane splitter. i did have a vw polo one when i first brought the car :)

update on the silver micra...
P1010303.jpg

we have standard door handles back on (better than my dodgey coulor coding)
standard washer jets (courlor coded ones where blocked)
si badge on the front grill (spur of the moment thing, same place as the almera gti)
still wants black mesh in the grills though.

just cleaning it up abit for rising sun car show next weekend plus its got MOT this week :S

onlything that concerns me are the sills. i reckon its gonna fail on them.

borrwed some paint off my mate other day lol. and painted the grills on the silver micra :) also got some free x4, 185 55 tyres! 2 are odd (firestone firehawk & one goodyear, other 2 are somthing else (forgot lol) so these will come in handy in future...

pics of grills to follow.

roll on Rising sun car show on saturday!!!!

Back