My Micra K11 on Enkei RPF1's

CMF_dreny

» CMF Member
Hi,

CAR: 1995 - Nissan Micra K11 LX model.

I though it would be time to introduce my other ride. The underrated K11. This car is super fun to drive and modified parts are not hard to find. Standard it has a 1.3ltr Twin Cam EFI with crispy cold Aircon. My Modifications are as follows:

Suspension:

- DD Coilovers - 40 Way Dampening Adjustability. Dual Height Adjustable.
- Whiteline Rear Adjustable Panhard Rod.
- Whiteline Adjustable Front Camber Bolts.
- Whiteline Front Strut Brace.

Brakes:

- N14 Pulsar 1.6Ltr front brake calipers(Professionally reconditioned)
- DBA vented and slotted rotors
- EBC Ultimate Pads (Black)

Interior:

- Nardi Classic Steering Wheel
- 20cm Smoked Dildo
- Japanese delivered Dash Cup Holder and Storage Unit
- Super S Dash
- Custom Black Floor Mats
- Bride Bucket Seat on custom rail

Wheels/Tyres:

- 14x7 +19 Enkei RPF1's. 100PCD and custom machined centre bores to fit micra.
- Stretched Silverstone 165/55 R14's all round.
- Work Grey Wheel Nuts

Exterior:

- Clear Side Indicators
- Custom front lip
- Repainted rear hatch. Rust removed and wiper deleted.

Engine:

- Timing chain, guides, tensioners replaced and all genuine seals used.
- TB resoldered, TPS and ICV calibrated.
- Rocker Cover painted in Wrinkle Black
- Detailed engine bay

Pictures:

Picture003.jpg

Picture001.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0382.jpg

IMG_0381.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

Things to Purchase in the future:

- Nismo Front Strut Brace -
- Whiteline Front and Rear Adjustable Sway Bars
- Super S Rear Spoiler
- Super S Front Lip
- Super S Tacho Dash
- Bride Bucket Seat and rail

Hope you like it!!

CMF_Greo

» CMF Member
The rpf1s look great

The super s front isn't a lip it's a whole front bar.
Unless you are looking for a nismo lip.
A possible alternative is to use a lip off a getz as they fit with some persuasion

CMF_dreny

» CMF Member
Thanks for the comments guy's. Yeah, im after the nismo front lip. Im located in Burnside area in Adelaide. Im always keen to catch up with another fellow Micra owner.

CMF_dreny

» CMF Member
Bit of an update.

I installed a Super S dash cluster. Yes, it is 'plug and play' for my 95 LX. One of the easiest and best upgrades so far.

003_zps7afdcff5.jpg

Also went to the local wrecker and picked up some N14 pulsar front brakes for $44 bux a pair. I had them professionally stripped, inspected, cleaned, assembled and painted. Also got new DBA rotors and EBC pads. I cant wait to install everything and test it out. It should make a big difference.

005_zps721d27af.jpg

007_zpsbb97084c.jpg

009_zps0e4591ac.jpg

CMF_Geoff W

» CMF Member
Nice work!! Loving this car. The cluster looks like a great and ultra good condition example worth the money paid for I'm sure.

Speaking from experience this Brake upgrade is more than enough in a NA application.

The only thing I would say be a little careful with is the location of the centre line of the caliper in relation to the centre line of the disc/rotor.

From memory I had some stainless steel (doesnt crush anything like mild steel) washers/shims made up. however the exact measurements had to be determined while fitting. i.e. Fit, measure, organise/source spacers and then Remove/Re-fit, Bleed, accelerate, Stomp :)

CMF_dreny

» CMF Member
Brakes are installed and look amazing. They are HUGE in comparison to the standard setup. I only used 1 x 0.7mm stainless washer to center the bracket with the rotor.

The caliper is self calibrating as it needs to move as the pads wear out.

I am currently bedding in the brakes for 500km's then i will do a performance test.

I will upload pictures soon.

CMF_dreny

» CMF Member
I desperately need to take some photos. Alot has happened since my last update.

I have had the hatch repaired, wiper hole welded and resprayed, I installed a bride rail and seat, got new carpet, modified the suspension to lower it another inch, fitted a new front lip and just finished a timing chain/tensioner/guide/cog replacement.

The timing chain replacement is not for the faint hearted. The hardest part is removing everything to gain access to the chains/cogs. I think it took me about 20 hours in total. I’m pretty fanatical with cleaning things before assembly so that probably took me about 5 hours alone.

I am picking up a new PVC valve rubber grommet this arvo then I will crank the car over to make sure everything was installed correctly. Fingers crossed.

CMF_dreny

» CMF Member
Ok. Here are a few crappy phone pictures.

You can see the new front lip and revised ride height. Also got clear indicators.

IMG_0453_zps2a17f16c.jpg

IMG_0452_zps5571fdde.jpg

I will get some better pictures soon.

CMF_dreny

» CMF Member
Blue car looks really nice. Not a bad price considering the work put into the car. I love Micra's with 13's.

How did you do the 'Open-mouth custom front grill'??

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
dreny WROTE:

"Blue car looks really nice. Not a bad price considering the work put into the car. I love Micra's with 13's.

How did you do the 'Open-mouth custom front grill'??

Hahah this had nothing on mine! And I tried to sell it for $4500, ended up being parted

CMF_chargeR

» CMF Member
Car looks good now it's lowered. You should know that you have a doppelganger in VIC, white LX on 14x7 RPF1s. Only difference is he has a purple front guard.

CMF_dreny

» CMF Member
Its been a while since I posted an update. I have installed the new front grill and rear wing that was imported from Japan. The grill had to be resprayed since it was originally grey but luckily the wing color matched perfectly.

The engine bay has been detailed via respraying the rocker cover in wrinkle paint, painting the exhaust shield in high temperature paint, replacing original bolts with stainless items and giving it a general clean and polish.

I have also purchased new custom floor mats, smokey dildo and front strut brace. Enough talk. More pics.........

CMF_dreny

» CMF Member
Doom WROTE:

"Looking sweet mate except the seats are filthy. I have a mint interior il part with for the right price..

Msg me if interested

HAHA. Those seats are clean compared to what they were like before I cleaned them with a industrial carpet cleaner. Im keen on a mint pair of stock front seats. Send some pics to 0431 902 607.

CMF_muncher

» CMF Member
Hey guys,

just letting you know that I own this car now, bad news - it got defected.

I'm in the process of getting it back to standard now but have no time! I might be parting it out, if anyone is keen on the whole car or bits, let me know.

More of an EOI at the moment, clearing defects looks like a major pain in the ass!

CMF_StevieG

» CMF Member
What a nightmare mate, love this car and wondered what became of it.
What did you get defected on ? Too low for one thing I guess, but other than that what's the cops problem ? Do you have standard suspension parts you can swap over, if not, I can't imagine they would be very expensive from a wreckers.
If you do have to part out the car ( god forbid ) I would be very interested in your tacho cluster, front grill, and maybe wheels too, but I hope you manage to keep this very cool micra rollin.

All the best mate

CMF_muncher

» CMF Member
Thanks mate!

Yeah I was pulling up at my house and a cop drove past, reversed back and did me for too low, too wide, and steering wheel.

I've got most of the standard stuff, I've put in the stock steering wheel, and front suspension, just need spring compressors to put the rear springs in! I guess I'll have to swap over the swaybar and panhard rod too. The breaks are too big to clear the stockies that I have so I need to find some standard breaks too! Oh and a ball joint needs to be replaced!

Will keep you updated on progress

CMF_muncher

» CMF Member
Well... The day has come to go to regency, wish me luck!

Just to make things extra stressful, the immobiliser stopped working last night, luckily enough I was able to book into an auto elec. early this morning and got them to remove everything. Fingers crossed, it should be back on the road in no time.

I've also purchased 2 more micras (lol) and a **** load of parts, so you should see some updates here soon. I might start a new thread!

Back