My first micra

CMF_BEN129

» CMF Member
Couldn't really figure out where to post this thread. But figure as i am not doing anything interms of engine modifications, mainly just aesthetics, this would be a logical place.

Bought my first micra about 3 weeks ago, was stock except for D2 coilovers and some 15inch wheels. I have attacked it for the last 2 weeks and it is starting to come together.

Things i've done so far are take the 15's off and buy some 13x6 +10 dragways. the guy i bought them off advertised them as 13x7's, which is what i wanted obviously, as i saw the size an fitment on roadstergarage's old green one an fell in love. When they showed up an went to load the tyres, 155 70 r13's, we measured them up an they were only 6" bead to bead, an the prat had measured lip to lip.

So i ditched the 155 70's and got some 145 70's. HILARIOUS TYRE!! looks like a bicycle tyre. stretched on easy

From there, maxed out the coilovers at the rear, and lowered the front to match, also added a 5mm slip on spacer to all 4 wheels to try and get closer to the fitment i had invisioned. I also had to put a whiteline panhard rod on to get the rear lined up again.

Sticker bombed the front guard, which isnt as easy as just whacking a few stickers on, trust me. Got the fender mirrors from thailand, spent the day fitting them at option1garage, big thanks as usual for letting mooch your tools, and also made up some door mirror deletes while i was there out of perspex.

The final touch was my white lolly pop wheel and 20mm dildo shifter.

IMG_2561.jpg

micra.jpg

62346_162069693804391_138919019452792_533828_2044634_n.jpg

future plans are... not alot haha

i got to start spending more time on my track car, and get back out to some of the morning sessions at QR. But i think eventually i will paint it, the colours floating around in my head at the moment are either royal milk tea (beige lol), satin battle ship grey or a pastel army green, or the factory matt grey/green kombi vans came out in. Something old school an ugly :)

would like to go lower, an have the means, but dont think its worth the hassle. i already drag rail across the speed bumps at work, cant go to the local shopping centre and 3 wheel out of my driveway. Not to mention those nice guys with lights on the top of their cars, an a chip on their shoulder.

tho if i do, and maybe even if i dont, want to get my exhaust all tucked up, and maybe whip up a scratch plate.

i kno its not everyone's taste, but the main thing is...

i like it hahaha

CMF_BEN129

» CMF Member
oh.. put a new gearbox in it on wednesday, old one sounded like a brisbane city council bus. New one is gravy

also added a 30mm rear vision mirror, as the fender mirrors are hard to get use to haha

CMF_markbognor

» CMF Member
Love this!

Sorry I didn't get back to you on wheel-whores, I didn't find the message for weeks, then when I tried to respond the other day my computer crashed.

CMF_adz14

» CMF Member
This is one of the K11s I went to look at before ending up with the white Super S. Was a bit rough for me, but cheap :)

I like where this is going :p

CMF_BEN129

» CMF Member
Do u own the light blue march with the massive jellybeans and fender mirrors markbognor? all good man, sorted it out. thanks tho

rough is definately a good word to describe it too haha

its cleaned up well tho, the gearbox was really the only thing with any drama, but have kept it for parts coz the only thing wrong with it was the bearings.

It is probably the lowest car i have had, and probably the most comfortable. its the first car i have had with working A/C which is a big deal.

CMF_markbognor

» CMF Member
BEN129 WROTE:

"Do u own the light blue march with the massive jellybeans and fender mirrors markbognor? all good man, sorted it out. thanks tho

Yeah, that's me.

DSCF1189.jpg

Jellybeans/ aren't that big, 6x13 with the 155/70s on. I have a pair of 7s and 8s that I keep saying I'll get on one day.

CMF_BEN129

» CMF Member
yeah i remember the pic of it wit the big wheels. i found yours while looking for confirmation the fender mirrors were a good idea. Yours definately made me sure it would look good. get those big wheels on yo, cut, weld and flare!

CMF_Greo

» CMF Member
love the style of this car. Which coil overs are u using in it?

love your skyline too especially the sticker'd rims.
Seen the skyline in action at Steve's morning sessions.

CMF_BEN129

» CMF Member
deNs WROTE:
Also apart from the seemingly period-incorrect fender-flares and the current trend of the quarter-panel stickers, I like what you're doing with your micra, Ben. ;)<BR><BR>---dens

I assume you mean fender mirrors, and of course they are the wrong period, how many cars do you see coming out of the factory with them current day?

but they look sweet haha

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
Yes skylines have 4 wheel steer which is hicas. This is no good for drifting as it goes the opposite way and tries to straighten you up when in opposite lock. Its a cheap easy fix to get rid of it. Either a s14 non hicas Power steer pump and a lock bar or just a return line for the power steering lines and a lock bar. either is easy.

CMF_BEN129

» CMF Member
why are we still talking about the skyline? get on skylines australia if you want info on hicas etc.

On another note i am slowly building up a list of places i cant go in the micra hahaha

Chermside - nope
doctors surgery - nope
work carpark - nope

oh well :)

fashion over function

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
hey ben, i like your micra, and i like how you have modded it. i find it hard to justify buying even one sticker cause i recon its a ripoff, do you get them in bulk or something? :)

p.s. fender mirrors i dont really like personally, but i do like how clean it makes the side (deleted stock mirrors).

p.p.s not worried about whiplash?

CMF_BEN129

» CMF Member
dude its funny you mention that, i threw my head back to stretch my neck expecting to hit the neck rest this morning, and nearly wripped my head off.

I took them off coz a friend is a trimmer, an was talking about whipping me up some old school leather stretch overs for the front an rear seats, an all the old seats i have been looking at dont have headrests, an wanted it look similar

I guess thats why everyone got whiplash in the 60's haha

in regards to the stickers, i use to work at a vinyl sticker shop, sort of developed an appreciation for them, i have a few sticker shops in a few different countries that are still willing to do me a deal if i buy enough.

CMF_Mike R

» CMF Member
tend to go off the beaten track , got a stock Nissan parcel speaker shelf and some discs for the wheels

Attachments

• 64963.jpg
    64963.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 50

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
I did attempt to use the function to move them to a new thread but it's not working so I suppose we'll just have to live and learn. I can delete the posts for you if you guys would prefer.

---dens

Back