• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Solarice's Project.

Bit of a delay getting it started :( lets just say it was a part issue, not my fault though lol.

anyways fuel tank is now in, the "plumbing" for the sc control has arrived and is now fitted (fingers crossed it works ok)...heat shields are partially fitted as i need to fit my gear lever return spring on.

also need to get some gearbox oil and brake fluid (forgot about them :S) oh and some petrol and then we can start it up...project will be about 40% complete by that point. :)

Couple of pics of the bits ive used to control the sc :) and ive just today modified the bumper for improved air flow and bonded the splitter to the front bumper :D bit of additional sanding / smoothing and the front bumper will be done.

Attachments

• Solarice-SCControl1.jpg
    Solarice-SCControl1.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 594
  • Solarice-SCControl2.jpg
    Solarice-SCControl2.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 624
  • Solarice-SCControl3.jpg
    Solarice-SCControl3.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 610
Car still not started, but ive been focusing on bodywork (so still getting stuff done) and although its not finished it looks very nice...additionals include de-locking and ariel removal.

Hopefully will get that elusive start up video up shortly, as ive got my bros old exhaust which is now 90% on...not sure if i'll keep it as may upgrade to a bigger diam? will see what happens further down the line as its being used mainly to test engine.. :)

Oh and my JDM dash tray is now in place, though the sticky tape ive used sucks so will need fixing properly...and im trying to figure best place to fit the extra gauges.

fit them where the head unit is...... on a blanking pannel.

after all who needs to hear the radio when youve got a supercharger?..lol

i love supercharging.... cos you can still run most of the N/A bits (well the exhaust anyway) and run forced induction..... love it..

funnily enough, thats what i was thinking as i never listened to the radio anyway, usually cos i couldnt get anything decent on it...plus i loved the sound of my exhaust, either that or they'll probs end up on the A pillar.

somthing that may seem daft to others to be this pleased about but the car now has brakes, yay lol...been a good few months without them and now the new lines actually have a purpose. The pedals rock solid (after a bit of ######ing about) so its ready for a proper test. :)

currently trying to get it to JAE :) though as it needs paint, a manifold and mapping its gonna be close. I know ive posted this before but hoping the car will be running NA within a week or so to test everything / check for leaks...then i can focus getting the sc reattached.

Nice one! I was trying to get mine ready, but the engine won't be back for a while so JAE is looking unlikely :(

NA should be nice n easy to get running smoothly, the clutch you have bought for your car, do you know what its rated to take lb/ft wise?

James.

shame, i was hoping to get a spy of your car aswell...clutch wise off the top of my head, i cant remember lol...though its the same part setup the rally micras use, will really only see how well it handles when it gets tested...not that im planning on hammering the clutch that badly tbh :)

I'm well gutted m8!! Still got alot to do over the coming weeks and i'll update my blog as I go along. The clutch I have is a Nismo K11 one and its just not upto the job so was wondering what yours would hold to see if it was a better one. I am due to ring Helix later on today about making a custom one...wish me luck!!

James.

Well ive had these sitting in the house since october and finally got a chance to get it all fitted :D (this is what ive been upto since not starting the engine)

not as easy as i thought it was gonna be as had to cut a section out of the existing wings/arches to get it to fit up close to the body and they needed modifying (think lots of filing) to get a sweeter fit ...but it was worth it as im sure you'll agree they look pretty damn sweet :) (bonded on and sliced so bumpers can be removed)

First UK Micra to have these fitted ? not sure, but for now im saying yes ;)

Attachments

• Solarice-Splitter.jpg
    Solarice-Splitter.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 697
  • Solarice-KitFront.jpg
    Solarice-KitFront.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 851
  • Solarice-KitFrontCut.jpg
    Solarice-KitFrontCut.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 697
  • Solarice-KitBack.jpg
    Solarice-KitBack.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 772
Thats why i was asking about wide / low offset alloys before...which btw if anyone knows of a alloy wheel supplier that can fill those, let me know.

Oooo, looking good m8!! Love the way you have seperated them so the bumper can be removed, cant stand arches moulded into bumpers, I just don't get it :S

Are you widening the track at all on the car?

James.

took a bit of nerve cutting them i can tell you lol...plus i measured more times than you'd believe.

At the moment planning on just a zero offset (or there abouts, which btw is how all the japanese lads seem to do it) as that should help keep things friendly...trouble is finding the damn things, especially ones i like the look off.

you wanna look at the german wheel maunfacturers like borbet, azev etc

i know compomotive do some zero offset wheels

wow...all im going to say is:

"That really does look fantastically awesome and i want lol " (Y) ?

what make arches if dont mind me asking?

you spraying the car white again?

next jobs left?

napster

Well ive had these sitting in the house since october and finally got a chance to get it all fitted :D (this is what ive been upto since not starting the engine)

not as easy as i thought it was gonna be as had to cut a section out of the existing wings/arches to get it to fit up close to the body and they needed modifying (think lots of filing) to get a sweeter fit ...but it was worth it as im sure you'll agree they look pretty damn sweet :) (bonded on and sliced so bumpers can be removed)

yes, but certainly not the last,.... not after next month...haha..... im having them too...

although im after to aspect carbon spoiler too...

Thats why i posted this ahead of schedule ;) as i was aware of increasing interest in these...i had them in my sights since ages ago, after i bought the car (good few years ago now), just took ages to track down a company in japan, save up the funds and get them imported.

Antony just be prepared for lots of fiddling if youre fitting them yourself or a decent chunk of cash if getting a bodyshop to do it :)

Yeah car will be still be white as thats the colour i feel looks the best plus it was its original colour...jobs left start car (everythings there except a fuel pump plug), manifold and mapping.

Wow that looks beautiful!! seems so scary too!! :wow:

I've wanted to make my car's engine mega too, ever since i got her :) How does a 200SX engine and running gear sound.... :)

:eek: been awhile since i posted in this...well the projects been cancelled. :(

actually no im lying lol, got a few bits (finally!) been waiting ages for them to arrive, items in question are the gauges (1 still to arrive), a plug and some bits to route the oil filter for the senders.

oh yeah in case anyone ever wondered it is possible to fit a 4 door carpet into a 2 door, so long as you dont mind a little fettling (stitching basically)

more news as and when.

Nope.. Seen them fitted about a 18months ago in london to a silver Micra..

On a white micra?... Possibly for a about 2 weeks.. cant remember exactly when I fitted mine..

However I dont have the front splitter, cos I dont like the look of it with the Super S front bumper.. You should open mouth your front bumper, give you some intercooler flow and also a better look.

nah everyones removing the front number plate...ive altered the bumper to allow more air for the intercooler so should be just a sucessful while still protecting it from stones etc...

tbh i thought youd have a set of those arches (seems as if theres a few people coming up with the same ideas as me :) ), shame as id had them ages but never got around to getting them on the car (cash flow / job problems -- otherwise the car would have been done more than 6 months ago)

i wanted to do this for over a year, since before i had a micra..... the pic that came up was on the AP-zest website. (jap tuners for racing micras... and no they dont ship to the uk unfortunately cos they do carbon bonnets and coilovers and stuff..)

but i dont know what to go for... the sleeper look, or the full on works nismo racing car look..

i wanted to do this for over a year, since before i had a micra..... the pic that came up was on the AP-zest website. (jap tuners for racing micras... and no they dont ship to the uk unfortunately cos they do carbon bonnets and coilovers and stuff..)

but i dont know what to go for... the sleeper look, or the full on works nismo racing car look..

I am sure that http://www.perfectrun.com.au/ will be able to help you out with taht, they were very good to me.
Craig

nah everyones removing the front number plate...

tbh i thought youd have a set of those arches (seems as if theres a few people coming up with the same ideas as me :)

Its not from you friend.. its from the images that were doing the rounds about 2 years ago with of Jdm marches with the 0-offset dished wheels!!..

YUM YUM..

.. and I dont mean 'removing the number plate'..

I mean opening it up.. it gives the front a much cleaner sportier look.. would suit yours down to the ground..

(Old pic: Bonnet is unlatched here! No bad panel gaps on mine... )

img0288jj0.jpg

Its not from you friend.. its from the images that were doing the rounds about 2 years ago with of Jdm marches with the 0-offset dished wheels!!..

YUM YUM..

.. and I dont mean 'removing the number plate'..

I mean opening it up.. it gives the front a much cleaner sportier look.. would suit yours down to the ground..

(Old pic: Bonnet is unlatched here! No bad panel gaps on mine... )

Thats roughly if not slightly later than when i found out about them :) ...but from the site that sells them, and once i find some i like the 0 offset wheels should be making an apperance aswell...

when i meant removing the plate i meant the holder ;) but yeah i get what you mean...though im not much of a fan of the square plates attached to the bumper...so im a bit at catch 22, i did intend to have a square plate though fit into the gap in the bumper to protect the induction for the sc but have since chanhed my mind :)

so ive just opened up the underneath to get more air in.

antony believe it or not mine was meant to be the sleeper look lol...oh well :D

oh and engines now alive yay :) started first time and no real leaks, one from the trust oil filter kit ive got but apart from that...will get a vid up once its running properly oh and the flywheel makes revving and starting a doddle.

after a bit of tweeking should be good to go on to the next stage (cams, sc, mapping and then some grinning)

as i got it outside yesterday (first time since i took it off the road) fitted a couple of bits and ran the engine again (still working fine which is good lol) decided to get a few more pics...the car looks so much better in daylight, cant wait for it to be all one colour again. :)

you can see just how much arch ive got to fill :eek: and theres a pic of the brakes to boot, doubt they'll stay that clean but look good for now...

Attachments

• Solarice-WideCar01.jpg
    Solarice-WideCar01.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 692
  • Solarice-WideCar02.jpg
    Solarice-WideCar02.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 681
  • Solarice-WideCar03.jpg
    Solarice-WideCar03.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 661
  • Solarice-WideCar04.jpg
    Solarice-WideCar04.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 653
Looking good bud!!! I have just come back from me hols, so just catching up, nice to see your bodykit well on the way to being completed!! I also doubt your brakes will stay that clean lol, what paint did u use if you don't mind me asking? Hammerite?

Thanks alot,

James.

yeah the hammerite high temp paint stuff (cant rememeber exact name, lol) though i checked with hammerite before hand and they said so long the surface was clean i'd be fine (will see when i test them out :D)...theres a reply email i got from them somewhere here on the forum. :)

car will going for its mot shortly...so been rebuilding everything, once it passes i can see about getting some paint on it.

Tiny update...been fiddling about with some metal as id decided to make up a couple of rear braces for the boot section, after all how hard could they be to make?

It turns out, very easy :) both bars weigh similar to the whiteline bars, and while they may not have the standard of manufactured bars...the massive price difference means I don’t care :D

Plus I can actually see if they make any real difference, as can be seen from the pics they just go straight across the boot, much like the ones you see in most of the track k11's in Japan.

Attachments

• Solarice-RearBraceX2.jpg
    Solarice-RearBraceX2.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 736
They don't look to bad, what metal did you make them out of?
Also, why did you put them so close together, could you not have put the 2nd one half-way up the boot awning?
Craig

cheers Nex (trying my best lol)...Craig the metal was just some rectangle bar i had, they are actually further apart than the picture looks, one is on the strut towers the other is at the rear seatbelt mounting brackets (so close to boot opening).

I had planned to put one higher up on the rear seatbelt pivot points but as ive got the rear seats in (dont know if it'll stay that way) i decided on the off chance i had rear passengers in and it was involved in an accident there was a good chance of heads cracking up against it, which im sure you'll agree wouldnt be to good :)

im currently looking for wheels to fill the arches, so want an opinion... a 7j Zero offset wheel should do the trick shouldnt it, without causing to much trouble as mistake here would be costly :) cant seem to find any mention of wheel width for any of the japanese cars running the arches. :S

oh and i cant attempt to measure the car at the moment, which is why im picking peoples brains on here ;)

Back