Scottish Meet Pics & Review

scottish-sr

Ex. Club Member
Just back in from the Scottish meet. It was really good, not without drama though. Myself & Mr Vee arrived at 6:45, we had no sooner parked the car and Titch pulled in, closely followed by Stephen, Fraser & Babyboom. Simon also arrived with his GF Claire and reversed into the crub while parking

Soon the phonecalls started coming in, were lost! Ian & Manda were on the M8, where abouts on it, they weren't sure. Gemma & Rich were at Hamilton Bus Station and Darryl & Scott were at a Skoda Garage,lol. Chrissy was just a no show :p

Pictures were taken (we even wrote Nissan on the Laguna ;) ) and people talked, Titch had to leave early unfortunately.
At 8 we headed over to Pizza Hut for food, Allan drove about 50m to a cash line, lazy sod. We got seated in 2 rows of 10 and ordered. It took nearly an hour for the Pizza's to arrive. We never left till after 10pm.

After that it was decided to get a convoy and go up to a business park around 2 miles away for pictures. At this point there was some confussion as half the group decided they were leaving and not telling anyone.

The remaing group arrived for pictures, except Mr Vee, who somehow ended up in Motherwell, which is the other direction. A telephone call comes through from Gemma, her gearbox has fell out on the motorway. Think the car is going to Stephens just now and she is going back with Rich. Manda was also on a motorway, although she didn't know which one :p

Finally it was back down to the retail park where the original meeting point was. Final drama was yet to happen, leaving the carpark, Babyboom reversed into Stephens car, whoops. Pics below showing damage. All will be sorted but Stephens car was un-driveable.

As for the awards:

Gayest Voice : Fraser
Acting Gayest: Fraser
Gayest Hair: Fraser
Left with least phone numbers: Fraser
Slowest Micra: Fraser

There was more awards for him, can't mind them all, sure other people there will.

Thanks to everyone who showed up. Big thanks to the guys who travelled up from down South, shame you all left without saying bye.

Pics

Attachments

• IMAG0226.JPG
    IMAG0226.JPG
    629 KB · Views: 257
  • IMAG0227.JPG
    IMAG0227.JPG
    600.3 KB · Views: 396
  • IMAG0228.JPG
    IMAG0228.JPG
    554 KB · Views: 242
  • IMAG0229.JPG
    IMAG0229.JPG
    573.8 KB · Views: 266
  • IMAG0230.JPG
    IMAG0230.JPG
    617.1 KB · Views: 264
  • IMAG0231.JPG
    IMAG0231.JPG
    310.6 KB · Views: 261
  • IMAG0232.JPG
    IMAG0232.JPG
    516.4 KB · Views: 266
  • IMAG0233.JPG
    IMAG0233.JPG
    557.2 KB · Views: 265
  • IMAG0234.JPG
    IMAG0234.JPG
    386.2 KB · Views: 263
  • IMAG0225.JPG
    IMAG0225.JPG
    600.5 KB · Views: 288
  • IMAG0238.JPG
    IMAG0238.JPG
    432.2 KB · Views: 246
  • IMAG0248.JPG
    IMAG0248.JPG
    349 KB · Views: 236
  • IMAG0247.JPG
    IMAG0247.JPG
    383.1 KB · Views: 234
  • IMAG0246.JPG
    IMAG0246.JPG
    361.7 KB · Views: 240
  • IMAG0244.JPG
    IMAG0244.JPG
    402.2 KB · Views: 260
  • IMAG0243.JPG
    IMAG0243.JPG
    388.8 KB · Views: 229
  • IMAG0242.JPG
    IMAG0242.JPG
    444.3 KB · Views: 282
  • IMAG0241.JPG
    IMAG0241.JPG
    384.5 KB · Views: 255
  • IMAG0240.JPG
    IMAG0240.JPG
    456.3 KB · Views: 270
  • IMAG0236.JPG
    IMAG0236.JPG
    360.1 KB · Views: 238
  • IMAG0250.JPG
    IMAG0250.JPG
    356.4 KB · Views: 259
  • IMAG0253.JPG
    IMAG0253.JPG
    496.5 KB · Views: 265
  • IMAG0252.JPG
    IMAG0252.JPG
    332.4 KB · Views: 243
  • IMAG0249.JPG
    IMAG0249.JPG
    423.4 KB · Views: 290
  • IMAG0251.JPG
    IMAG0251.JPG
    296.2 KB · Views: 246
Yeah I heard about all the drama, although you'll be pleased to hear that Gemma's gearbox DIDN'T fall out, however the gear linkage is broken, from what we can gather.

Well, hope you had a good time aside from the drama, shame I couldn't make this one ;)

James

meet went great! nice turnout, lovely cars! wish i could have made the carpark after the bite to eat tho! :( looking forward to more meets like this soon! pics look good chris! cant wait to see the others!

Thats good news about Gemmas car. Hope she gets home ok. Think the vinyl was on the car Darren when Scott got it.

Planning on doing another meet soon. Maybe same idea. But at Halloween and in fancy dress,lol.

Also planing to maybe schedule 4 or 5 of these a year, set the dates at the start so people can get it free. It seems to be a good format that people enjoy.

scottish-sr said:
Think the vinyl was on the car Darren when Scott got it.

:(, shame, anyone know where i can get one just like it, simular? Really gives it the racer look! Wanted one for a while.

Also I love the way the photograther took photos of all the bumps and cracks, haha

thanx darren the vinyl was in the motor when i got it i wasnt too keen on it at first but now the wheels are on and that it kinda suits it! cheers bud!

TUno said:
thanx darren the vinyl was in the motor when i got it i wasnt too keen on it at first but now the wheels are on and that it kinda suits it! cheers bud!

Looks alright mate, Standard Micra's are pretty plain and boring, but as always £300 - 400 can get it looking sporty in no time :D

well thats me in now after doing my droppin people off lol was a good night aye yes you forgot some awards

sexyest
most funny
best sounds
worst reverse without hittin any1

lol prob a few more was a class nyt tho!! that bill was massive!! will post my pics tomoz

and heres some of my piccies

Attachments

• IMAGE_00145.jpg
    IMAGE_00145.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 221
  • IMAGE_00149.jpg
    IMAGE_00149.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 227
  • IMAGE_00150.jpg
    IMAGE_00150.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 215
  • IMAGE_00153.jpg
    IMAGE_00153.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 249
  • IMAGE_00154.jpg
    IMAGE_00154.jpg
    270.9 KB · Views: 210
  • IMAGE_00155.jpg
    IMAGE_00155.jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 222
  • IMAGE_00158.jpg
    IMAGE_00158.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 204
Just got back now... A bit tired.

Meet was short :s. Got there had pizza everyone left. I followed but then me and rich were the ONLY one's who stopped at that red light, at least 4 of you ran it and we had no idea where anyone was going. Attempted to follow but there was no sign so we turned back aroudn to find gemma and manda, then had to find them on the a74 or something. Anyway home now and very tired.

babyboom said:
and the prat of the meet award goes to ............ Babyboom!!! for reversing into stephens car

And i would have placed money on Stephen hitting someone first.. lol

pics

Attachments

• DSC01342.JPG
    DSC01342.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 206
  • DSC01347.JPG
    DSC01347.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 220
  • DSC01346.JPG
    DSC01346.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 211
  • DSC01345.JPG
    DSC01345.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 196
  • DSC01344.JPG
    DSC01344.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 227
  • DSC01343.JPG
    DSC01343.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 208
  • DSC01341.JPG
    DSC01341.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 233
Ian said:
Just got back now... A bit tired.

Meet was short :s. Got there had pizza everyone left. I followed but then me and rich were the ONLY one's who stopped at that red light, at least 4 of you ran it and we had no idea where anyone was going. Attempted to follow but there was no sign so we turned back aroudn to find gemma and manda, then had to find them on the a74 or something. Anyway home now and very tired.

Think Ian has a fair point there, when you lot left for the technology park i didn't go with you, i turned up 15mins later. However if u go through a red light you should really wait on the rest of the convoy, especially people from down south.

Although im commenting on something that im not 100% sure on as i wasn't there. Was just a shame not to get Ian etc to the technology park.

Was a good meet guys, not good to hear about the damage - but a good night all the same.

Will be out again soon
Titch

Sorry you guys got lost. I spoke to someone on the phone and offered for someone to come back down to meet the straglers.

The bill was £182.

Simon, get your pics posted in here ;)

well after speaking to my uncle n stuff worst case is its a write off if the chassis is bent or has a kink in it. spoke to stephen(babyboom) and is on his way to collect it jus now from the asda we left it at.

car needs bout everything on the underside renewed n some other work possibly gonna miss it but i wont be thinking much of her bein in canada for 4 weeks on sunday ... just my luck this happens eh :( :(

well meet was good n even tho my car was a possiblr write off i still kept smiling n firing off the jokes-lol

well done to chris for arranging another great meet n the next 1 is a possibility for me as i made plans already for halloween... we'll see wat happens.

oh n i got PIG OF THE MEET and WORST CAR due to all its problems :D but im so proud of her still running well ... considering-lol

pepper

Hmm.

I made it home for 11.40pm last night! Was quite chuffed, i made fairly good time from Hamilton tech.

Was a good laugh, was good to meet everyone. Didnt stay after pizza because im not feelin too great and i had work the next day and was already tired - to top it all off we got stuck on the M73 with re-surfacing work!

Daz

just got home :( would like to thank the elephant recovery man but not the woman on the phone who didnt have any details of me or my policy hence why we got a lift to stephens didnt want to pay 400 quid found out today after ringing insurance could have had free all the way home a hotel and a courtesy car @@@@@@ and only get 1 recovery per fault so had to get it towed to a garage and fixed turns out it was only a bolt gone!! also stephen you are a life saver :) thank you very much oh and got stuck in a1 rush hour traffic

scottish-sr said:
Just back in from the Scottish meet. It was really good, not without drama though. Myself & Mr Vee arrived at 6:45, we had no sooner parked the car and Titch pulled in, closely followed by Stephen, Fraser & Babyboom.

Soon the phonecalls started coming in, were lost! Ian & Manda were on the M8, where abouts on it, they weren't sure. Gemma & Rich were at Hamilton Bus Station and Darryl & Scott were at a Skoda Garage,lol. Chrissy was just a no show :p

Pictures were taken (we even wrote Nissan on the Laguna ;) ) and people talked, Titch had to leave early unfortunately.
At 8 we headed over to Pizza Hut for food, Allan drove about 50m to a cash line, lazy sod. We got seated in 2 rows of 10 and ordered. It took nearly an hour for the Pizza's to arrive. We never left till after 10pm.

After that it was decided to get a convoy and go up to a business park around 2 miles away for pictures. At this point there was some confussion as half the group decided they were leaving and not telling anyone.

The remaing group arrived for pictures, except Mr Vee, who somehow ended up in Motherwell, which is the other direction. A telephone call comes through from Gemma, her gearbox has fell out on the motorway. Think the car is going to Stephens just now and she is going back with Rich. Manda was also on a motorway, although she didn't know which one :p

Finally it was back down to the retail park where the original meeting point was. Final drama was yet to happen, leaving the carpark, Babyboom reversed into Stephens car, whoops. Pics below showing damage. All will be sorted but Stephens car was un-driveable.

As for the awards:

Gayest Voice : Fraser
Acting Gayest: Fraser
Gayest Hair: Fraser
Left with least phone numbers: Fraser
Slowest Micra: Fraser

There was more awards for him, can't mind them all, sure other people there will.

Pics

What about me and Claire, no mention, and no award for the slickest polish :(:(

sorry bout the no show guys fell asleep when i got in from work woke up at 10 to 8 had to go to work meet looked a god laugh tho will defo try and get the night of for it

Bmx_Bandit said:
Yeah we all should have driven a bit slower (me included) and waited for the whole group. :( :( sorry everyone.

no bother, i mean i only drove for 8 hours to meet you all for 30 mins..

Ian said:
no bother, i mean i only drove for 8 hours to meet you all for 30 mins..

Cause thats never been done before fwn fwn

Nice one guys, i'm at Knockhill on Sunday for the Hot Hatch, so if your about - pop over and say hey :)

Sounds to me like alot of uncontrolled messing about/showing off happened to end up with all this confusion/accidents.

here are my pics of the scottish meet ...they r quite hard to make out so ue your imagination

Attachments

• recovery1.jpg
    recovery1.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 210
  • recovery2.jpg
    recovery2.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 208
  • recovery3.jpg
    recovery3.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 189
  • recovery4.jpg
    recovery4.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 206
fraz_micra_88 said:
least you saved some ££ on petrol on the way home i spose lol............

it got towed the stephens fraz you seen me there then it got towed to a garage the next day and fixed and i drove home anyway...:glare: so no I didnt really lol

Ed said:
Sounds to me like alot of uncontrolled messing about/showing off happened to end up with all this confusion/accidents.

That was not the case. The reversing incident, was when most people had gone home anyway. Was not due to mucking around. And the confusion arose, because of half the people didnt know the area(including myself).
I wouldnt want people getting the wrong idea about the scottish meets.

scottish meets are fun, confusing to get to, and something always happens! but they are by no means uncontrolled. accidents happen because people cant reverse properly and gemma buys crap cars

Layla said:
gemma buys crap cars

and just when were about to convoy off amanda rings me *wait there gemma you'l get lost* after she was the last one to arrive as she was on the wrong road right ok turn left she says...no i have to follow the white car and turn right no just turn left...*gemma gets lost and ends up in glasgow and on the way back the car starts stripping off :D lol

Back