Scottish Meet

scottish-sr

Ex. Club Member
Sorry to have to say this, but felt it would happen. Was at Scotkart today and asked about the 22nd, the track is booked for then, so we would not be able to get on. So even if we want to just get a meet of some sort arranged.

New Plan. Pizza Hut in Hamilton, easy access via M74 and can be reached from M8 also no bother. Still an 8PM time. Has a huge car floodlite car park and also a McD's and KFC if people dont like pizza.

There is no emphasis on the number of people going now. Hopefully it will be more than 1,lol. So if peoples mates can't manage then its ok.

Sorry to have to cancel the karting, but if we cant get the enthusiasm then nothing I can do.

If people could get there for half 7, then that would be great as it would give a longer meet time.

So far we have going.
New List

1)Scottish-SR *Confirmed*
2)K11SS *Confirmed*
3)K10Daz & Wife!!!
4)Korizin
5)Layla & James *Confirmed*
6)Titch
7)Chrissy *Confirmed*
8)Masterbiker *Confirmed*
9)Fraz_Micra_88 *Confirmed*
10)Mr Grassie (Possible)

Directions to the Hut;

North Bound.
Come off the M74 Junction 6 I'm sure, signposted Hamilton, Motherwell, Wishaw, keep to the left and go round a left hand bend just as you leave the motorway. Take the left fork and then join a 3 lane A road. Take the right hand lane here and go upto the roundabout with traffic lights, take the 3rd Exit here signposted "Palace Grounds". Go past the Vue cinema on your left and to another roundabout and take the 3rd exit to your right here into the industrial estate, you will see Pizza hut and possibly a few Micras, cant miss it.

South Bound.
Exit junction 6 signposted Hamilton, Motherwell, Wishaw and keep to the right as you leave, watch the corner here, its tight. Join the 3 lane A road mentioned above and then follow the same instructions.

:)

Pizza Hut (UK) Ltd
Unit B, Palace Grounds Retail Park, Hamilton, Lanarkshire ML3 6AD

yes i would like too see some of the NW guys make as much effort as i did n if so i will let u crash at mine for the night r take u out on the town n we can get wrecked n see were we end up-lol

bit off topic but still, im free most of the time n i will b able to kake it any night so put me down as bein free.

i also would like to do the go karting but if others cannot make it im happy jus havin a meet as long as it aint wasted

well i hope to see u all soon :D

aye put my name down for it like! Im free any night after 6ish so im not really fussed! Friday night wud probs be best like!

Daz :alien:

Put me down as a maybe, depends when it is but im usually free.

If you got enough people then you should get an actual mini grand prix night at the karts.

Korizin said:
Put me down as a maybe, depends when it is but im usually free.

If you got enough people then you should get an actual mini grand prix night at the karts.

Thats why Ive put it up the now so people can say when they are free and put it in there diaries or whatever. We would need 20 for a mini grand prix I think.

You know i'll be there.

A Sunday would be best for me as thats the best day for me to get off. I got your exhaust system here as well man so will be up soon to deliver that for you!

Titch said:
You know i'll be there.

A Sunday would be best for me as thats the best day for me to get off. I got your exhaust system here as well man so will be up soon to deliver that for you!

Good to hear that, legend for getting that for me :)

If it was a Sunday it would have to be during the day for me. What I will do is stick up some dates tomorrow and see what peoples reactions are. Everyone ok with the karting idea then?

My missus is up for the karting aswell hehe- if she is anythin like she is on the road id watch out guys - bit of competition!

K10Daz said:
My missus is up for the karting aswell hehe- if she is anythin like she is on the road id watch out guys - bit of competition!

Thats cool. I have edited the start post with her in too. Im sure its 20 people we need then we can have a full Grand Prix.

K11SS said:
will emma be comin chris?

ill see if i can get a girl to come along more the merrier.

lookin forward to this! :D

If its karting I doubt it buddy - she has a sore back with scoliosis :( She might come to watch though.

Indeed bring a mate if you want, the more the merrier and tht goes for anyone else aswell (within reason,lol)

Ok - how about we say Friday the 21st of febuary? Or even the Sunday which is the 23rd??

Let me know and i'll get names - numbers and then it finally booked :)

Titch said:
Ok - how about we say Friday the 21st of febuary? Or even the Sunday which is the 23rd??

Let me know and i'll get names - numbers and then it finally booked :)

It might be hard for me to get that Friday off work, I will be able to find out tomorrow. I have spoke to a few people and if it was Sunday - they wouldnt be able to make it :(

Can you not make a week night then Titch? Just suggested them as we have more chance of a booking I would imagine.

however if we book for the weekend in enough time will we not be able to get it then?

note for titch, i know you are area rep but it seems chris has it in hand y not let him arrange he seems to know more on the karting subject, no offence inteded titch

good job your doin to scottish sr :D

many thanks :D

Titch said:
None taken!

Ok a week night it is then! So what if we say a wednesday night? Hows the 22st?

Wed 22nd Feb then - Is that ok with everyone that has put there name down?? If it is I need a definate yes that you are going and I will phone up the karting a.s.a.p.

Sat 7pm meet time? Does evveryone know how to get there aswell???

K11SS said:
however if we book for the weekend in enough time will we not be able to get it then?

note for titch, i know you are area rep but it seems chris has it in hand y not let him arrange he seems to know more on the karting subject, no offence inteded titch

good job your doin to scottish sr :D

many thanks :D
Thanks mate :)

And Titch your more than welcome to help organise it, after all you are the area rep.

I have just phoned Scotkart. What they can offer us is down below.

They guy said we would need 20 people to do a grand prix, but since we are a small group, if we can get 16 he is willing to do it for us. What you get with the Grand Prix can be seen here http://www.scotkart.co.uk/grand-prix.htm It would cost £41 per driver, which I know is pretty expensive, but if we go in Febuary on the 22nd, then we get a 15% discount per person so it would be £35.

Another option if we can;t get 16 people, seeing as we are a smaller group, they have a night planned at their Clydebank venue, see her for address http://www.scotkart.co.uk/locations.htm where we would run a Grand Prix or Endurance event with other small groups. He didnt say how much this would be (forgot to ask) but it would probably be a similar price to above.

The only other option, if we want to go to Cambuslang, is to risk an arrive and drive - however, for this we wont be able to book it and can only really phone a day or two before to see if the track is available.

Your will be the people attending, its completely upto you what you want to do - just aslong as some sort of Scottish meet happens.

If we do decide to go karting they require a 10% deposit when its booked, and then the rest about 1 to 2 weeks before the actual event. If you want to book something, then I am willing to do it with my card, but I would require they money to be sent to me from each member who is definately going before doing this.

Hope this helps and let me know!
Also if everyone thinks this is too expensive and fancy something else then suggest away.

Ta
Chris

The reason i haven't given my definite is me and the mrs have split atm and not sure if we are getting back together or not.

If we did though she'd def be up for it. It's likely that i will go though anyway.

Korizin said:
The reason i haven't given my definite is me and the mrs have split atm and not sure if we are getting back together or not.

If we did though she'd def be up for it. It's likely that i will go though anyway.

Good stuff and even if things dont go right with the wife, then your still welcome to come though yourself.

Korizin said:
Even if the gf doesn't come, with advanced notice my best mate will definitely come to make up numbers.

Good stuff. Theres a provisional date of 22nd Feb so let him know.

Everyone ok with the karting idea then at £35??

masterbiker said:

Good stuff, will probably need a definate on the numbers by the start of Febuary. If we can't get 16 people, do you want to travel to Clydebank? or risk trying to get an arrive & drive?

We do have 8 on the list now so if everyone brings a mate we should be ok.

Upto 11 people now, only another 5 needed. Could see if I could get a mate to come along, but most of them work weeknights.

i could prob get 1 or 2 more but saxo owner n thinks hes the bomb-lol

however iv put him in his place so he now fears the micra if u want i could bring him also?

:D

K11SS said:
i could prob get 1 or 2 more but saxo owner n thinks hes the bomb-lol

however iv put him in his place so he now fears the micra if u want i could bring him also?

:D

I'll give him a run...

Aye - i'll have one of my mates coming with me :)

hmmmm, I could be tempted with this. Just need to check the funds and accomodation etc. I'll check it out later on today when I get back home.

Alienfish360 said:
Ah, nevermind, assumed date would be weekend :p I need to pay more attention lol

Thats what sickies are for mate,lol. For accomodation Im sure k11ss said some people could crash at his, correct me if Im wrong Stepen.

I will need a confirmation of people who are going by the start of Febuary (peoples mates aswell) so I can book this up. The price will be £35.15 - for that you will get 5 practice laps, then 5 races of 5 laps each, then if you are fast enough the top 8 go into a 10 lap final with prizes at the end.

Scotkart would require a 10% fee of the final total at the time of booking and then the rest paid up 1 to 2 weeks before the event. Since I am arranging this I am willing to pay this on my card. However, I would require everyone who is attending to send me the money, via Paypal would be best before I can book it up.

Thanks
Chris

right ive been her before were we get alot of ppl sayin there goin n stuff n dont show!

if u ARE DEFINATELY GOING then start arrangin a way to get the money to chris for this arrangement, i dont want another embarassment on the scottish club members who cant arrange a meet!

ive been to the 1 in NW a few months bk n it was amazin! well worth goin to meeet u meet alot of good people n learn more plus its always good seein other ppl so enthusiastic bout there micra n gives u a good boost, i came bk from NW meet n was all pumped up for tuning micra etc now i got 2 :D

(oh no im actin like titch, every chance i get mention i got 2 cars i do-lol ps no offece titch jus jokin bout mate ;) )

so basically its a good experience n it will be a good laugh kartin etc plus we got a saxo guy comin to reciecve a good slaggin!

so lets see these names!!!!

:D (rant over ... for now)

K11SS said:
(oh no im actin like titch, every chance i get mention i got 2 cars i do-lol ps no offece titch jus jokin bout mate ;) )

You need to learn when to shut up.

I'm confirmed - but will check with my mate to see what he says :)

K11SS said:
excuse me titch, i was jus jokin as i said in the post either way i dont mind cya at the meet :D

Titch said:
You need to learn when to shut up.
I'm confirmed - but will check with my mate to see what he says :)

Sort it on the race track lads,lol.

Glad to hear your confirmed Titch, hope you mate can too.

I might not be able to go karting like - really tight for cash, but ill come along for a laugh like

Back