Scottish Meet

K10Daz

RIP Colin McRae 1968-2007
Right well its about time we actually had a scottish meet! I was thinking bout having one before the winter sets in and all we wanna do is sit around the fire drinkin a warm cuppa co-co! just trying to get a general consensus of when people would be able to meet up and where etc?! Im still up for the go-karting at larbet! Any more suggestions welcome!

K10Daz :alien:

Once again no response, A good few people voted for a scottish section in the forum, but if only four members view the topic and not one person replies, we have no hope in hell of getting any scottish section within the forum if we cant even get a reply to organising a meet, never mind a meet itself..Rather disappointed to be honest

sorry darryl i was down at the meet n couldn really post up but i am interested. karting will be cool :D

so u got any arrangements for it?

:D

Micra B If you read the post it will tell you whats happening. Im waiting for peoples responses of when would be better for them!

Daz :alien:

I would be interested, got a mate who could be too. Karting sounds like a laugh, defo Scotkart indoor though, great track there.

Right so i need some dates from people!! Any friday night or saturday would be good for me! What does everyone else think?

Quite surprised Titch hasnt been involved in this thread?!

If you mannage to decide a date, I will tell my work where to shove it so i can come. I can make sunday, as i told them I am taking this weekend off (5th/6th) as it my bro's birthday on sat.

Neither, unless they are going to finnish b4 6:30pm, as almost all thursdays im working from 7pm onwards. But if this is the date that suits most, i will try and give my boss a guilt trip to get the time off :)

thats wat im starting this thread off for, so that ppl give me ideas for a meet - i was personally thinking go-karting etc but i dono thats just my idea!

just think my fence has given way and hit the car due to the winds *off to check*

both dates are fine with me (just need to try and get someone 2 sit next to me now ;) )

B

Basically we need 12 people to definately say they are going so it can happen for that Grand Prix shown above. So who can defo be there??

We'll never get 12. Members anyway.

If we can get people to bring along then that would be great. I'll be there date depending :)

Yeah, im sure some people would be able to bring friends/girlfriends/boyfriends etc. I think its the 17th they are planning it for Titch.

I just got back from xtremekarting in Larbert, falkirk, and they have a 100 laps for £30 offer on and you will also get a half price practice session for next time, which is 2x25lap for £10. (both these offers are for before 6pm tho)

But also on thur 17th there is a booking from 6pm till 8pm so we will have to be finnished by 6pm, or come after 8, but you wont get the offers then.

well thats the 17th off then! i work till 5 so the before six is out of the window and after 8 is a bit late to be honest!

Say a date an it will be set

24th should be ok for me too. Would have to be around 7 for me too, at college during the day. Where is everyone from in Scotland coz its pretty far for me to go. Suggested Livingstone as it is probably more central for most people.

scottish-sr said:
24th should be ok for me too. Would have to be around 7 for me too, at college during the day. Where is everyone from in Scotland coz its pretty far for me to go. Suggested Livingstone as it is probably more central for most people.

If it's going to be in livi I'll be there ;)

The Go Karts are ####e btw.

From my mate about livi Karts "The karts are grippy, the have a good top speed but take a bit longer to get there, but that doesnt really matter as the track is fast and has good overtaking opertunities"

Well I must have been 5+ times now and I can honestly say they are the slowest karts I've been on and they're hardly cheap (unless you do a GP)

The karts aren't all the same so basically whoever has the fastest kart will win, which is pretty crap as you want to race against the same speed karts (well I do anyway) - so it comes down to your driving at the end of the day!

If you decided to go there I would still go, as it's about a 10 min walk from my house.

I think it'd be about 25 for a GP if there was enough, from memory you need 10+ people.

Geez a shout if it's goin ahead! :D

Sounds tasty mate - but in all honesty the livingston ones sounded tasty from someone elses review!

I'd rather be honest with you and have a good time rather than have a sh*t time when you've forked out hard earned cash!

We should think of somewhere soon, and somewhere thats easiest to get to for all people going. If its Edinburgh or Livingstone it would be easiest I would say.

I think as to location, its a bit of a 70:30 split, as K10Daz, Micra_b, Titch and I would find Falkirk closer, im not sure where K11SS lives.

Ive just came from Scotkart, ok its abit of a travel, but OMG its great, the karts and track are amazing. I think we should go there now.

Right fine, now all we need the scottish rep (is that you titch?) to finalise it so people can get time off work if they need to, rather than asking more questions to then have the date come too close and then people can't go.

nobody is the scottish rep lol iv started the ball rolling in trying to get something organised because i want a night out lol

i doubt i will make it sorry guys i ned to save up for my new project :D

ill keep u posted later in the year!

hope you all enjoy yourself though :D

Back