• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Robs Micra Thread

Lol, the blood made it look a lot worse than it actually is.. Still fair deep though, and keeps popping open! :(

Car's in the garage having the manifold fitted, can't wait to get it back!

Frank, if you read this, I'm out camping tonight, but it should give me a chance to give it a decent drive, I'll send an opinon your way tomorrow sometime :)

:eek: I'm into my 10th page!

Garage has called to say my cars ready, woop!

Manifold now fitted:
IMG_0649.jpg

Need to get a new heatshield for it as the old one's been trodden on in the back of my car.. Will make it shiny before it goes in :) While I'm at the scrapyard i'll try and pick up a GA16 airbox, and some front seat subframes, as the march ones seem to sit a bit higher.

Yup! Not given the car much of a fast drive yet, but it revs through the range more easily and there's a definate increase of power at 4k+ :)

NEW BITS!
Led rear lights and new steering wheel coming soon :D

sweet mate! meeeeeeeeettttttttt!!!!!! lol
do you need my wiring diagram for the led lights or did they already come off a k11?

They came off a micra, but I'm sure I'll need to re-wire them as mine's a facelift underneath.. lol.

After driving the car with the manifold more frequently, on roads i know like the back of my hand, the car's a lot better to drive, and there's definitely some more power there. Going uphill is much easier, enough so that i don't need to drop down a gear like i used to :D

Well, I appear to have bought myself a turbo kit! More details and pics as it arrives. I was planning on going turbo eventually, but not for a while, then this came up cheap as chips on ebay and i couldn't resist! I've already gotted a quote off ed to have it fitted and mapped, but I'm not looking at doing this anytime soon.

Should have an update on the ICE and rear lights next week sometime :)

Then I'll be having my nismo splitters and skirts fitted, the windows tinted, then i think it's just preperation for the turbo ie. 1.6 brakes etc. After that it's gonna get boring while I save up for Ed and the other bits i need for turboing!

right turbo's out of the window now, not too bothered tbh.

Though my LED lights and steering wheel have turned up :)

Gonna try and get the lights fitted today, but i want some bulbs for them before i put the subs back in, so I'm in no real rush to fit them.

Manifold now fitted:
IMG_0649.jpg

Need to get a new heatshield for it as the old one's been trodden on in the back of my car.. Will make it shiny before it goes in :) While I'm at the scrapyard i'll try and pick up a GA16 airbox, and some front seat subframes, as the march ones seem to sit a bit higher.

is that the original manifold just been modified? looks good.

Yeah, seems to have a bit more grunt, a few hills i don't need to change down a gear to get up, and a higher topspeed. And Frank's dyno showed a 6(i think)hp increase :)

Update at last!

Standard lights:
IMG_0675.jpg

Nice LED lights:
IMG_0676.jpg

Well happy :D
Just need bulbs to come for them (chrome indicators & fog) then my subs can go back in :)

Forgot, sorted out the gaitor a while ago:
IMG_0677.jpg

Just need to swap the collars over to tidy it up, but I can't find my allen keys!

Bit pee'd off, finally got hold of some March plastics and seat catches to sort out my march rear seats not holding in place, and they're the exact same as uk spec micra's, just a different shade of grey! Next step is to try a washer between the car and the seat catch, if that doesn't work, i'll look into getting the catches lengthened a little.

Days not completely wasted though, i did fit my rear fog bulb, i had to cut a little from the holder to fit the bulb but nothing major. I dropped the bulb into the light though, took the best part of an hour and a mightily grazed finger fishing it out again!

Well, my backbox has snapped!
Gonna have to swap it over for the standard one tomorrow after work.
Also, my gear lever linkage is getting more rattly by the day so I'm gonna need to take a look at that sometime soon..

I'll be refitting the standard one when i get a chance, the nuts look pretty rusty though (when i say rusty, i mean so bad they're not even nut shaped anymore) so I'm not sure how far I'll get with no grinder!

I think I'll look into getting it welded back up as i really can't afford another £100+ on a new backbox atm.

Standards backbox now refitted, the janspeed was in a horrid state now i can properly see it off the car! As well as snapping off the box, the pipe is covered in holes! I'll get pics up when i get some batteries for the camera.

I much prefer the sound with the standard box though, my induction kit makes such a nice noise! Might try getting a tip for the standard box,as long as i can fit it well enough to look like a proper backbox!

Another boring update, but just fitted new disks and pads :)

Also re-bent the gear lever return spring as it had snapped (for the second time!) Hoping it's sorted out the rattly gearstick, Gonna go test drive in a bit to see but I'm pretty sure it's movement in the actual linkage that's a problem :(

Hey everyone! Still have no internet at home, but a couple of weeks ago the car passed it's MOT and had a service. She's now 10years old and JUST rolled over 50k miles too!

Finally sorted out the march rear seats, had to get new brackets made up for them, but now I've got my subs back in and working so I'm happy :) Saving up for fitting my splitters too, shouldn't be much longer i hope!

Just a quick farewell to you all, my micra's now gone!! :(
Keep an eye out on ebay for parts over the next week ;)

Ooh Frank, You dont remember how much the flywheel you lightened for me weighs do you? I've deleted my PM's and have no scales lol!

I believe so yeah, i remembered it as 4.5 so I'll go with that! Cheers buddy, and thanks for your advice over the years :)

sorry to hear your going mate, car looks sweet as and all the effort really has paid off in it...you should be proud.

just a quick question, did you have a rear splitter on it and if so which did you use??

Awesome topic that I never seen! Lot of interesting info and pictures! (Y)

Shame you have to sell it. I would be interested in the custom Frank mani if you break it for parts

Cheers

Back