• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Robs Micra Thread

I think looking at the post he just painted it as he said he went a little crazy with the paint, its pretty easy to do and totally changes inside. I hope you dont mind me answering that Rob, if Im right that is. Car is looking minted.

remove the whole pod bit, there's 2 or 3 screws, have a look.
Then the front part undoes from the inside once it's off (Y)
Easy job.

Just had this through the post today, thanks MicraSport!

DSC_1263.jpg

DSC_1261.jpg

DSC_1260.jpg

Should be getting tinted headlights soon also, and hopefully have it all fitted for the Exeter meet on the 21st :D

Backbox is sorted!

Before:
DSC_1294.jpg

Comparison:
DSC_1326.jpg

After:
DSC_1329.jpg

Just need to clean the car now! Lol.
My headlights i don't think are going to be here for the meet though :(
Kristian doesn't seem to be the easiest person to get hold off..

New headlights, thanks to Kristian.
Not the best picture, but my car's a state :p

DSC_1495.jpg

Also got whiteline castor and camber kits to go on, and need to get the tracking sorted soon.

little tip, give the backbox another few coats of BBQ paint before you leave it on as they tend to rust arround the mounts and seams...

as antony said they rust around the welds etc mine also rusted on the bend (started to get really bad there!) i gave mine a quick blast with hig temp paint.

Attachments

• DSC_1326.jpg
    DSC_1326.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 372
do you still have the facelift si bumper or even the lights, and would you sell them if so ?

cheers nick.

PS: Car is looking minted :grinning:

Yup, I still have the bumper and headlights!
Would be happy to sell them!
Delivery might be a problem though, You'd either have to come and collect them, or arrange a courier..

£40 for the bumper with fogs, don't really want to split them.

just split them and sell just fogs. easier to ship aswell. the bumper is the same as any facelift bumper, except for colour coded bits.
fr/fogs lights with stalk normally fetch around £50+ on their own!

you must have the super s bumpers now mate ??? :upside:
awesome thing is they dont need spraying...........so great help timewise! get them fitted!!!! :p

Not yet, I'm picking them up next week. Gotta borrow sat nav off someone first! Lol.

They do need spraying! They're a different colour to my car :p

Here's whats coming up:

-Pick up bumpers
-tint driving lights
-have front bumper smoothed, painted and fitted
-get a smooth boot
-get rear bumper smoothed and a recess put in
-fit boot and bumper

That's gonna be it for now.
There's more body mods to be done, but it won't happen for a while.
Gives me time to save up for a respray ;)

Then it's onto the engine!

Not yet, I'm picking them up next week.
They do need spraying! They're a different colour to my car :p

well i couldnt have been more wrong lol :wasntme: !

plans sound very nice! :grinning: ! you not getting a set of tinted headlights of Kristian? if not...you want a hand although im sure you can do it your self mate??

It'l look even better with the new front bumper :D

can you send me a picture close up of your driving lights? Wanna see where you have and haven't painted :) And what paint did you use? It doesn't need to be high temp or anything does it? Would a can of halfords gloss black be alright?

BMW jet black mate :p so your halfords can is fine! mine is not high temp!
you spraying your facelift lights?

my headlights look same deign as yours......all back sprayed and indicator

your car will look sweet with super s bumpers

I meant the lights in the bumper :p

Did you bother with laquer?

pictures removed from post above........you dont want my micra in your blog lol :p

umm...i didnt do my fog lights! so i dont know, but in my headlights i did use laquer!!

I may as well, i think i've got a half full can in the garage anyway :)
Can you get me a close up pic of them though, if you don't mind!
Just wanna see where i shouldn't paint :)

Took the nismo sticker off the bonnet this afternoon.

Before:

DSC_1785.jpg

After:

DSC_1786.jpg

I really need to clean the car, then I'll get some decent pics of it before the front end changes :)

Cleaned the car yesterday so a few clean pictures:

DSC_1807.jpg

DSC_1808.jpg

DSC_1806.jpg

I've ordered everything I need to put LED's into the mirrors as side repeaters, so hopefully it'l come and be done by the weekend.
Then i need to black out the driving lamps in the bumper, and get the car booked in to have the wings smoothed and the bumper modded and sprayed :D

Not sure if I've done a plan list, i remember writing one, but not sure where, so here goes:

-LED side repeaters in mirrors/super march mirrors
-Smooth wings
-Smooth & open mouth Super S bumper, with tinted lights

Once that's done:

-Smooth boot
-Smoothed Super S rear bumper with number plate recess

And way off in the future:

-Smoothed roof (gutters/aerial)
-Smoothed doors
-Window tints
-Black respray
-Something with the engine, still undecided!

Been to the scrapyard today and picked up some wingmirrors, just waiting on LED's and heat shrink and I'll have wing mirror side repeaters working, hopefully :)

Yeah, cheers mate :)
Well, i need to get the side repeaters in the mirrors sorted, source some new wings, and tint the lights in the bumper.
Then It'l be time to go to the bodyshop :D

Hopefully all be done in the next couple of weeks.

I've got those strips out, is it just the one big screw behind that needs to be removed for the lights to come out? Cuz i cant budge it!

i cant remember off hand there should be a adjusting screw there with teeth on and i think a 10mm or 12 mm size bolt/ screw i took mine out and it started with the plastic trim first then i think i just undid whatever was underneath if i remember i think one side has locating lugs on it and fastens on the other you should be able to see lugs from rear of bumper

I wouldnt respray it, red is the worst colour to paint over, it'll always show through in a shut line or a crack somehwere, a neutral colour like black, grey or white is best.

a respray will only be as good as you pay for it. if you put it into a decent body shop then they have to do it properly or you can just keep taking it back!

Had I known bumpers were wrong colour red i could have done them for you at cost before nex picked them up but too far away now shame....

i would'nt even respray it black! black prefacelifts are quite comman in supers/sr's althought they are quite rare in facelifts! have it resprayed silver! there rare (or seem to be) in prefacelifts...dont think ive even seen a silver supers or sr!

It's going black, I've had my mind made up since before i even got the car.
I was waiting until i found a black one, but when this one came up i couldn't say no.

And Japseye, i thought you could spray, but i want a few bits changing on the bumper so waited til i had it with me ;)

Back