• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Raceworx Micra Blog

The cars new home!!! :-
d6d7f96f.jpg

got abit mnore done today as i had a day off rear anti-roll Bar, and panard rod.. also got the rear braided lines on.
Had a right drama getting the panard rod off had to have a little bonfire under the car as i had to set fire to the bottom seized bush and anglegrind the iner metal tube off. other than that nothing to harsh.
2113f7f1.jpg

dab820ef.jpg

f1feed66.jpg

853f58ba.jpg

but then you have to wave your never ending wallet at him to give you your keys back!! :p

RIK said:
but then you have to wave your never ending wallet at him to give you your keys back!! :p

dude i wish i had a never ending wallet!! im skint iv spent eveything iv earned over the last year on this car so far... i havent had a new pair of trainners for a year and abit and i take water to work cos im saving pennies by not buying cans at dinner :p im faaaaar from loaded

youl be putting cardboard insoles in them when they wear thru next :D

you cant put a price on the fun you will get when its all done tho,,(like mastercard :) )

P.S dont tell me about been skint :(

congrats mate - i think u deserve it, oh and if u need some cardboard, i think i have some in the back garden i will send u. Might be a bit wet but nothing a few hours in a dry room wont sort :D

i like the reg plate from Rochdale lol. Where are you based anyway?? Rochdale?? cause i live in Oldham :)

Look whats arrived this morning!!! :-
PICT0103.jpg

PICT0104.jpg

PICT0105.jpg

Ill post pics up of fitting and seting up asap

AS for the lights used satin black paint from halfords mate :) with plastic primer.

well there fited to the car :- i nput them on as low as theyll go to start withand as stiff as they can.. judge for yourself how low the kit will go!!!
PICT0111.jpg

PICT0115.jpg

PICT0113.jpg

the rear is okay the fronts need setting up properly as you can get half a lock on and your in tyre scrape city!! :p but does lok damn good lol.

christ man! that is low, do you have specs and prices for this kit and a supplier? also are the rears fitted, i guess not?

Davey C said:
christ man! that is low, do you have specs and prices for this kit and a supplier? also are the rears fitted, i guess not?

The rear IS fitted and is on the lowest setting but as its stripped out and the fron is ridiculously low it doesnt look that low but it is lol.. you carnt drive the car except forward with it that low.

I supply the kit through Raceworx its £650+delivery

i agree it looks higher because the front is so stupidly low. and i had forgotten your car was stripped out in the rear. sits the same sort of hight at the rear as the whiteline kit, you'll have to give a full report on the ride quality, that is a very competitive price too.

Attachments

• garage2(web).jpg
    garage2(web).jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 476
well that with the whitleine anti roll bars and castor camber kit i think im gona be onto a winner chasis flex is the next thing that will need to be tackled :)

yeah.. hopefully itll be good enough to do the target of an 8 minuit lap of the ring.. thats the project aim now.

how do u expect 8 mins if u never been before? (im guessing u havent)

what sort of cars do 8 mins? standard ones

i dont expect thats the "AIM" f the project itll take along time of preperation to get it down to that its not somthing i just pluked out of the air.... itll probly take most of next year learning how to drive the car and setting it up before im confident enough to even attack the ring at medium pace..

Raceworx said:
i dont expect thats the "AIM" f the project itll take along time of preperation to get it down to that its not somthing i just pluked out of the air.... itll probly take most of next year learning how to drive the car and setting it up before im confident enough to even attack the ring at medium pace..

maybee i didnt make myself clear,,,how can you aim for 8 mins?

e,i what are you compairing to

i havent seen ANY times from the ring at all from any car so i dont have a clue

its pretty easy to estimate times at 1/4 for example ,,but the ring? if you have never been round before how did you know 8 mins would be a good time? it could take 25mins to get round for all i know,,,

what sort of cars do it in 8mins

extencive modified porches do it in 7mins or less the record is a radical its in the low 6 mins

mine could do it in 8:59secs and ill clas it as a win!! lol

Well my nice shinny short shifter arrived today (cheers mike) so i stuck that on the car aswell as finally getting round to sending some bits off to ge the blanking plate and outlet pipe made up!! iv been saving money as there £178 to be made in total!!!
few pics of the short shift and ally Gearknob (beachboy)
69f7acb4.jpg

51ba1f23.jpg

and next to the old unit
6229ae91.jpg

HI how r u working the likages out. you usin a few helli joint to make it work. is it poss u could send some pics of your engin and box mount and gear likages 4 us
thanks mate.
LIPPY

lippylloyd77 said:
HI how r u working the likages out. you usin a few helli joint to make it work. is it poss u could send some pics of your engin and box mount and gear likages 4 us
thanks mate.
LIPPY

the gear shift is a bolt straight on job mate :p micra one bolts straight to it and is perfect lengthand everything also the suport is in the right place to.

Raceworx said:
the gear shift is a bolt straight on job mate :p micra one bolts straight to it and is perfect lengthand everything also the suport is in the right place to.

this was the same with my ga16de conversion..:)

well pace have sent me my blanking plate and outlet pipe the uy whos doing the electrics has finished and is coming over on monday.. so this weekend is final checks for fuelpipes ect before we try and turn her over on monday.. not optomistic though as im sure nats needs programing :( if it ll runs its just a case of tiedying a few things up and wating for drive shafts to be made.

Iv finally got my blanking plate through and the straight outlet pipe... :-
DSC01658.jpg

DSC01662.jpg

DSC01659.jpg

also had the time ti remove the dash and remove all the heating crap...
DSC01669.jpg

So thatll be a nice amount of weight saved!!
all i need know is to have a carbon centre console made up for mounting flick switched.. also got rid off all the sound deadening aswell... so now i can see bulckhead through the dash :S
DSC01665.jpg

and finally a hi-res link to the engine bay :-
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/Drifterx_uk/DSC01660.jpg

youve got a 2.0 in a chrisp packet and youre weight saving :O class A nutter :p keep it uyp , a cant weight to see it

Back