• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

squarepants micra blog

OP
OP
squarepants

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
still got them mate, on the silver micra now. i reckon they suit that better than thee green one!

had a few people say they liked the old ones better :)

superls

K10 Tuner
So if youve got new wheels and your mums got your old ones, whats happened to your mums, cos you know ive been after them for a while, let me know if your getting rid.

OP
OP
squarepants

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
fitted my old alloys to the silver one.

its also had new late 98 spec rear lights. (old one's had water due to not beening sealed properly)

new handbrake cables

new rear brake pipes

painted grill mesh black

standard front brake pipes (one of the braided goodridge ones split!)

brought an exhaust trim to get welded on aswell.

P1010357.jpg

P1010359-1.jpg

plans are:
new coolent tank
service
new rocker cover gasket
fit refurbished standard front brakes.

OP
OP
squarepants

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
keeping it now.

gave it a good clean. first impressions, wilko tyre shine sucks...but after layering it on the tyres etc it actually finally came up shine :D

sprayed all the engine bay with tyre shine aswell lol...

P1010374.jpg

P1010376.jpg

P1010378.jpg

OP
OP
squarepants

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
still not done cleaning it...gonna have the wheels off and paint rear trailing arms with hammerite and what ever else i can find. need to do the cross member agian aswell...

still needs new number plates. front one got an advisory on the MOT as its cracked. and rear one has got water inside it lol.

b47to

Ex. Club Member
looking good dan i think a 50mm drop would look wicked on your car and to keep it nice and suttle

how ya lessons going on ?

OP
OP
squarepants

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
itrs okay but you have to layer it on to get good results ;) altough wilko sell foam stuff aswell as aerosol :)

brought some tyre cleaner from home bargins for 99p today its alot better stuff for the same price :p

OP
OP
squarepants

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
well my mums micra is going for its MOT and the tyres on the split alloys aint that good (side walls cracked (advisory) and not far off the limit, so they might frawn upon them) so swapped them over yet agian...just gonna keep them on now. and shes keeping the standard black ones.

so heres some pictures agian lol.
P1010241.jpg

P1010239.jpg

OP
OP
squarepants

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
it is lol...

well passed my test today! first time! 8minors. :D

just need to get insurance on the silver micra in a few weeks. also doing my pass plus. then insuring the green one. :)

Tom 1.0

Ex. Club Member
Whey congrats!

its just a matter of time before you put all the comfy bits back in your car now you wil be driving it lol

nice 0ne though matey!

now post my bits! lol

Just wondering but whats with everyone obsessed with dan passing his test, well apart from obvious reasons... but theres something about it in all his posts lol:laugh:

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
lol cause up to now he seemed to know everything about cars and driving them...even though he had no licence....

OP
OP
squarepants

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
update on my car. sadly no pictures.

car has had some new alloys...another set of OEM ronals.

they have been re-furbished in ford graphite grey. and have the standard firestone firehawk 165 tyres. (want 185's ideally lol)

also brought some 5mm spacers for the rear...

silver-tec indicator bulbs have been fitted on the front and sides.

and fitted some 94-99 mudflaps (removed the white micra logo from the rear flaps with emory paper, just to make them look abit diffrent :p)

also have my front splitter on agian, fitted correctly this time with self tappers not wood screws haha

and a OEM civic EP aireal...(small black one) witch i dont like as it looks abit daft. so gonna get a small black plastic one.

pictures to follow!

OP
OP
squarepants

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
well i have fitted everything....and i have just got a primera 144 oil cap (looks better then the standard almera,primera,sunny and micra one) also got a set of small black plastic super s style mudflaps and a 2001 boot handle in silver (gonna paint it)

car looks spot on now :)

You want to watch with those clear tail lights as I had some on my car and got pulled by the police due to one of my indicators not working and when they checked the car over the told me to remove them as they didn’t have the e stamp on so they where not road legal it really ####ed me off as I had just sold of my standard ones also something about it not having a red reflector on either :(

OP
OP
squarepants

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
heres some pictures with the wheels and flaps on :)

i was gonna courlor code the flaps...but i think they look okay in black. adds abit of contrast lol.

Attachments

• P1010311.JPG
    P1010311.JPG
    667.8 KB · Views: 297
  • P1010314.JPG
    P1010314.JPG
    669.8 KB · Views: 310