SR20DE progress

CMF_Raceworx

» CMF Member
Well iv pulled mi finger out and done alot more work over the past month or so :) taken a while but shes getting there.

Heres some pics of the mount in place with modified chasis rail! it took some work to get lined up and done right!

PICT0023.jpg

PICT0022.jpg

PICT0021.jpg

this is the front mount

PICT0019.jpg

PICT0020.jpg

This is how colse it is to the front!
PICT0025.jpg

And some other random bits like how close the G'bos is to the chasis rail and the throtle cable connected!

PICT0027.jpg

PICT0024.jpg

:D

Finally got the last mount completed! so the motor is sat in on its own now! just needs electronics sorting and some other bits and we will soon be running! i even swept the garage floor. some update pics

Final mount on the drivers side you can just see it through the headlight gap.

PICT0064.jpg

Side veiw to show space

PICT0066.jpg

close up f the Throttle pot

PICT0065.jpg

Testing the bonnet for clearence

PICT0067.jpg

PICT0068.jpg

getting closer!!

cisco

» CMF Member
What an angry micra you will have once its complete mate!
Great work!

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Everyone's keeping a close eye on mine?? Damn we must be boring...

Looks awesome though raceworx! Can't wait to see some footage of that beatch

Seano - Watch closer guys

CMF_Raceworx

» CMF Member
cheers for the comments, yes its a roller rocker SR20 with head work air filter and exhaust. once its al up and running ill drive it whilst hording bits for a turbo conversion :)

CMF_Raceworx

» CMF Member
More bits arrived today! my EWP and controller :D
PICT0021.jpg

PICT0020.jpg

so now that coupled with a swoosh rad controller should se my cooling dorted although i think im gona send the rad back and have a different outlet pipe put on as the top one may affect cooling.

CMF_GTIR_UK

» CMF Member
He sold the shell for not much money . He is concentrating on a CG13 Turbo converted unit I believe. Shame because with some more work that would have been an interesting car to drive around in.

CMF_Raceworx

» CMF Member
yeah sadly i stopped had some personal issues and ran out of money.. shame really.. i have 2 new project cars im working on but im keeping quiet about them for now..

driveshafts were custom 1 offs made to WRC spec by a company in the uk they were £600 for a set! micra hubs were used.. imade some blanks up using the micra hub sides and almera gearbox ends welded them up the the right length and sent them off.

Back